Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pirate speaks  (Read 12929 times)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 08:54:29 PM

In the case of all this be true, it makes sense that if you file a suit you don't get pay, you'll have to wait until the legal process is over ...after a lot time and money lost

No generally that would be stupid.  Pirate would also need to spend lawyers fees potentially tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers fees to defend against multiple lawsuits.   

People who are sane settle up with those filing a suit first.  Pay =  Nothing to sue about.  Don't pay = could cost you thousands more. Huh

Then again Mr. Trevors is just scamming lowlife garbage.  Anyone who had a lawyer would have been advised by the lawyer not to make ANY statements.  It would be his lawyer who made the statement. 

Funny how desperate people fall all over themselves to connect the dots in the most implausible way possible to show themselves "it could be true".  October will come and go.  Then there will be another excuse.  Maybe he blames it on the lawsuits.  One of the people suing got a court order freezing the account so he can't pay until he can fight that and get it lifted.  Oct into Dec into Feb.  Next September some on the forum will still be holding out hope that "soon" they will get paid.

Add on top of that the statement that people who sue him are not eligible for repayment, no lawyer would say or allow the client to say that. 

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 08:55:15 PM

I don't suppose Oct 12th is some kind of Zeek Rewards court case date or something by chance? I'm sure the Zeek Theory advocates would love that.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:56:36 PM

I don't suppose Oct 12th is some kind of Zeek Rewards court case date or something by chance? I'm sure the Zeek Theory advocates would love that.

-MarkM-

I tried that on google, but came up empty. FWIW.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 08:57:31 PM

In the case of all this be true, it makes sense that if you file a suit you don't get pay, you'll have to wait until the legal process is over ...after a lot time and money lost

No generally that would be stupid.  Pirate would also need to spend lawyers fees potentially tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers fees to defend against multiple lawsuits.   So rather than pay "X" to the people suing he would not pay them, spend $10,000 potentially lose the suit, pay X, plus any other fees and penalties the court throws at him for being a world class scumbag.   People who are sane settle up with those filing a suit first.  What are the people not suing going to do?  Sue?

Pay =  Nothing to sue about.  
Don't pay = could cost you thousands extra. Huh

Then again Mr. Trevors is just scamming lowlife garbage.  Anyone who had a legal counsel would have been advised to not say anything.  Not a single word.  It would be his lawyer who made the statement.  Generally that is what lawyers do.  You can also bet his lawyer wouldn't be stupid enough to document attempted extortion and fraudulent conveyance against the creditors that he admits owning funds.  Mr. Trevors has legal counsel like I have Satoshi's private keys.

Funny how desperate people fall all over themselves to connect the dots in the most implausible way possible to show themselves "it could be true".  October will come and go.  Then there will be another excuse.  Maybe he blames it on the lawsuits.  One of the people suing got a court order freezing the bank account so he can't pay until he can fight that and get it lifted.  Oct into Dec.  One of his investors got cold feet because of all the suits.  Dec into Feb.  Next September some on the forum will still be holding out hope that "soon" they will get paid.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 09:43:22 PM by DeathAndTaxes

-MarkM-

I doubt the date corresponds to a court date.  Even if there was a court case on Oct 12th it isn't like they would be handing out certified checks and bags of cash on the courthouse steps.  Most likely it is a stab in the dark.  He hopes he will have at least some of the money by Oct 12th.  Oct 12th likely is as far of a "deadline" as he could offer without too much backlash (I mean just imagine if he said May 2013).   The reality is nobody is going to get anything from Zeek Rewards for at least 180 days (and if really unlucky 18-36 months).

Of course it is kinda funny that none of Pirates victims have asked about ..... "the other clients".  So Pirate can't repay because some client is holding the funds/coins.  What about the rest of the funds/coins?  I mean say this "big client" (isn't always the unamed big one who takes the money) was 30% of all the funds.  That means Pirate has already returned 70% right?  Oh wait he hasn't returned anything (other than a single token small account which was designed to delay and obfuscate).
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 09:16:12 PM

Okay well in the movie lets get Anthony Hopkins (or maybe Michael Caine) to play the client and oh I dunno, maybe Johnny Depp to play Pirate.

Hopkins/Caine (Client) behind a desk piled with stacks of "decks" of unmarked twenty dollar bills. You know, the bound with a paper ribbon batches, but make them look used so its clear they are random unmarked bills not fresh from the counterfeiter's printer or sequential bills fresh from a bank.

Client: "Nice to look at, isn't it? I love the smell of small unmarked bills in the wee hours of the night. Go ahead, take a whiff. I'm afraid that is all I have for you this time, however, as your services are no longer required."

Stage Direction: Pirate makes a move toward taking some of the cash.

Client: Ahem, not so fast young man. Just smell it. The smell of it is all I have for you this time, your services are no longer required. Luigi?"

Stage Direction: The Thugs, led by Luigi, move in on Pirate, "gently" and "courteously" ejecting him from the premises...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:21:28 PM

Okay well in the movie lets get Anthony Hopkins (or maybe Michael Caine) to play the client and oh I dunno, maybe Johnny Depp to play Pirate.

Hopkins/Caine (Client) behind a desk piled with stacks of "decks" of unmarked twenty dollar bills. You know, the bound with a paper ribbon batches, but make them look used so its clear they are random unmarked bills not fresh from the counterfeiter's printer or sequential bills fresh from a bank.

Client: "Nice to look at, isn't it? I love the smell of small unmarked bills in the wee hours of the night. Go ahead, take a whiff. I'm afraid that is all I have for you this time, however, as your services are no longer required."

Stage Direction: Pirate makes a move toward taking some of the cash.

Client: Ahem, not so fast young man. Just smell it. The smell of it is all I have for you this time, your services are no longer required. Luigi?"

Stage Direction: The Thugs, led by Luigi, move in on Pirate, "gently" and "courteously" ejecting him from the premises...

-MarkM-

Can we stay on topic for once, please?

Mousepotato
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:30:04 PM

What he said isn't actually that divorced from reality. It would have sounded better if he'd said something more along the lines "The earliest funds will be available is Oct 12, and once that happens accounts will begin to be repaid. Account holders who file suit against me or BTCST will not be settled until the outcome of the suit has been determined."

Yep.  This is what I assume he means too.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:31:49 PM

-MarkM-

Well, there's a deadline to present the preliminary liquidation plan for Zeek Rewards to the judge on Oct 8th.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:44:15 PM

-MarkM-

Well, there's a deadline to present the preliminary liquidation plan for Zeek Rewards to the judge on Oct 8th.

Money won't be freed up for disbursement by that date, though.  Typically, claims by unsecured creditors aren't even formally verified until assets have been realised and a distribution is imminent.  From what I can see, they're trying to get payments made to the family of the principals and to affiliates disgorged.  This will likely drag on for years rather than months.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:27:13 PM

You threaten me? Now I have an excuse to keep your money.

#PirateLogic
I think he meant that he's going to sue the shit out of you, and fuck you over for life.  And then, to troll you, repay the 100 btc that you had with him.

Wouldn't that maximize his profits? He'd have twice the money, and plentiful amounts of souls.
Exactly.  Hence, "And then, to troll you..."

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:31:57 PM

[02:15:49] <pirateat40> Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.

Sad thing is, its becoming illegal to trash talk on the net in the States (online bullying bills). He may have the law on his side on this part.
Well, not just that, but any threat on a person's life or property can be taken very seriously, online or not.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:38:26 PM

The bolded below I think is just hilarious. Pirate followers that would follow pirate off of a cliff. They are like little dogs waiting on their master's every word/move.

for the record...

[02:15:43] <pirateat40> GPUMAX has never been associated with BTCST nor have any of it’s partners.  GPUMAX shared a wallet with one of the BTCST operating wallets for security and is now running it’s own secured wallet which is no longer associated with BTCST.
[02:15:49] <pirateat40> Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.
[02:15:55] <pirateat40> That’s all for now, I’ll be providing updates here when more information is available.  Thanks
[02:16:13] *** Mode #btcst -m by pirateat40
[02:16:25] <scottjp> Thanks, pirate@40
[02:16:35] <scottjp> Keep us updated Smiley

[02:16:36] <pirateat40> http://pastebin.com/e3gGFC37
[02:16:40] <grubles> pirateat40, thanks man
[02:16:48] <Internet151> thanks for giving us an update its greatly appreciated
[02:19:36] -*- copumpkin hugs pirateat40
[02:22:26] <aardvarklondon> @pirate:) thanks, just keep us updated

[02:50:33] <wrabbit> this channel will flow with the blood of the non-believers!
[02:50:51] <Lolcust> I am a believer, weabbit !

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:45:29 PM

The bolded below I think is just hilarious. Pirate followers that would follow pirate off of a cliff. They are like little dogs waiting on their master's every word/move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXOCHn7Vfec
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:44:48 PM

Br honest, how many of you are still giving him money in GPUMAX?
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:55:45 PM

for the record...

[02:15:43] <pirateat40> GPUMAX has never been associated with BTCST nor have any of it’s partners.  GPUMAX shared a wallet with one of the BTCST operating wallets for security and is now running it’s own secured wallet which is no longer associated with BTCST.
[02:15:49] <pirateat40> Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.
[02:15:55] <pirateat40> That’s all for now, I’ll be providing updates here when more information is available.  Thanks

[02:50:33] <wrabbit> this channel will flow with the blood of the non-believers!

Pirate has their money, they want to be kind so they get it back.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:01:04 AM

Bingo
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:28:26 AM

for the record...

Yeah I suppose. Not all are resorting to ass kissing. I support any who calls Pirate BS when they see it.

Don't bow down to that loser. Start showing support for those willing to go after his ass to get some damn justice.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:09:51 AM

This SA post says everything that needs to be said about this sad situation.

The Bible posted:

If I ever meet pirate in real life, I am buying that fucker a beer. Bastard ripped off loving everybody as transparently as he possibly could (his name is pirate for Christ's sake) and has the balls to come back and threaten them with legal action.

Just awesome. They don't know it, but he is the one who best exemplifies their belief system in the Free Market.
bitlover

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:29:45 AM

This SA post says everything that needs to be said about this sad situation.

The Bible posted:

If I ever meet pirate in real life, I am buying that fucker a beer. Bastard ripped off loving everybody as transparently as he possibly could (his name is pirate for Christ's sake) and has the balls to come back and threaten them with legal action.

Just awesome. They don't know it, but he is the one who best exemplifies their belief system in the Free Market.

Hey FlipPro I'll suggest investing a bitcoin and joining the SA forums so that you get rid of the word-filter. Since you seem to check that thread it will be worth it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: