Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we have a spot for this?
Best idea ever
Might be fun
Sounds dumb
shut up Hayabusa911

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comment/Thread of the day (POLL)  (Read 432 times)
hayabusa911 (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:55:11 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by hayabusa911

I read some funny and also some pretty ridiculous stuff on here every day. I think some of these golden threads/posts should be immortalized in their own little section so we can go back for a laugh. Who's with me?  Smiley

EDIT: It would belong in off topic and there would be no "winner" just a compilation of what people found amusing that day. Just a thought...
I got the idea from another forum and everyone loves it! Just thought it would be fun.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:12:50 PM

This is not a good idea. One of the main reasons is opinions vary from one user to another.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:20:53 PM

I read some funny and also some pretty ridiculous stuff on here every day. I think some of these golden threads/posts should be immortalized in their own little section so we can go back for a laugh. Who's with me?  Smiley
Who would be the person choosing the comment/thread?  If you want to read some funny stuff, go to the off topic section or something.  Tongue
hayabusa911 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

I read some funny and also some pretty ridiculous stuff on here every day. I think some of these golden threads/posts should be immortalized in their own little section so we can go back for a laugh. Who's with me?  Smiley
Who would be the person choosing the comment/thread?  If you want to read some funny stuff, go to the off topic section or something.  Tongue

It would belong in off topic and there would be no "winner" just a compilation of what people found amusing that day. Just a thought...
I got the idea from another forum and everyone loves it! Just thought it would be fun.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:25:20 PM

Who would be the person choosing the comment/thread?  If you want to read some funny stuff, go to the off topic section or something.  Tongue

It would belong in off topic and there would be no "winner" just a compilation of what people found amusing that day. Just a thought...

This would probably never be introduced by the admins, but you could do it yourself!  I would suggest creating a topic in the off topic section and everyday post your favorite comment you found on the forum.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:31:06 PM

This would probably never be introduced by the admins, but you could do it yourself!  I would suggest creating a topic in the off topic section and everyday post your favorite comment you found on the forum.

You've beat me to it. I was just going to ask OP what is preventing him from making such a thread in the off topic section?
I don't see a reason why the forum staff should make/maintain this. They'd even have to chose the right people that would vote for the comment and thread every day. This isn't something that could be done within minutes.

There are a lot of weird unusual topics in the off topic section, I don't see a reason why we can't have this thread there as well.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

we already have User/TopicStarter/Thread of lifetime page. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
making it to show daily stats should be very simple, but if you want a list you'll have to do it manually
not that I think we need it
hayabusa911 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:34:45 PM

I guess I'm going to start that... I have a few that I screen captured and quite a few that I saves as text. If you guy's have anything you have been holding onto please PM them to me so I can kick start the thread off right!   Smiley

EDIT: Locking thread. Please PM me your content. Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: