Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:45:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed 31.2k in BTC recently  (Read 4438 times)
code247 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 06:14:17 PM by code247

I traded 31.2k btc for 35k cash deposit. I was stupid enough to send him the btc first. All I know is his phone number, name (I think it's real), and country and have a picture of him. That's all I got. What can I do with this info? And is he gonna be arrested?

Please help me out here. I don't know what to do. Thanks.

Edit: corrected spelling.

EDIT: Here's the entire thread reworded

Ok seems like everyone is confused, I'll try to clear it up

I usually trade over $20,000+ with my usual trader. He was unable to provide me cash for my approximately $32,000 USD in BTC which was like 128 BTC or something. For that reason, he recommended me another trader who was able to take my 128 BTC and provide me with cash.

I gave him over 128 BTC+ (139.6 BTC to be exact which is like $35,000+) to get $32,000 USD. So he was making like $3,000 with that trade.

So then I sent him the BTC (139.6 BTC which is like 35,000$) in two different payments. I sent him 128 BTC first and the rest later.

After those 2 transactions, he disappeared. No luck. Please help me out here.

Lost over 35000$ USD in total. Please help. I don't know what to do to get my money back.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:22:00 PM

I traded 31.2 btc for 35k cash deposit. I was stupid enough to send him the btc first. All I know is his phone number, name (I think it's real), and country and have a picture of him. That's all I got. What can I do with this info? And is he gonna be arrested?

So how was the day? are you serious man, you sent 32 btc to a person you dont know him.?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:22:28 PM

go and get your shit back since you have all his real info? seems kind of obvious to me

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:23:43 PM

I don't think you can do any thing now just give some rest to your mind and think what you done
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:26:09 PM

I traded 31.2 btc for 35k cash deposit. I was stupid enough to send him the btc first. All I know is his phone number, name (I think it's real), and country and have a picture of him. That's all I got. What can I do with this info? And is he gonna be arrested?

This is a joke right? Come on then where's the punchline Smiley.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:28:42 PM

This is a joke right? Come on then where's the punchline Smiley.

its obvious no doubt, A man sending 32 btc to a Person he never know. Without any escrow
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:33:12 PM

the name is probably fake like the photo too. of course you can try to make a report at the police but:

sorry your money is lost. take this as a lesson and move on.

cryptokia

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:33:25 PM

so fake..... are you sure.... = =
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:33:51 PM

Buy more btc before the price goes up. If you're telling the truth about this, you're both dumb, and rich enough to cover your loss.
I didn't want to trade more than 10 btc face to face, because it didn't feel right, and people do these kind of dumb moves, incredible.

cheers
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:36:42 PM

Buy more btc before the price goes up. If you're telling the truth about this, you're both dumb, and rich enough to cover your loss.
I didn't want to trade more than 10 btc face to face, because it didn't feel right, and people do these kind of dumb moves, incredible.

cheers

i already lost hope in human intelligence because i see these pics from greece:

xeryan

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

HTML5/Node.js/PHP developer

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:39:26 PM

Why haven't you used an escrow? Seems fake to me or you are really silly Lips sealed
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

How did you find this person?  Localbitcoins? or what?

code247 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:46:28 PM

So how was the day? are you serious man, you sent 32 btc to a person you dont know him.?

I am not joking. I'm 100% serious. I sent 32,000 btc to someone for 35,000 cash deposit to my bank account. And now they are not responding.

Edit: I have done over 150k trades with people that I know. He was recommended by a friend of mine as my main supplier was out of cash to deposit.

What can I possibly do? Please help
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:47:29 PM

Go get him, file a report with the local police while you are there and point them out to him.

Or

Give him an old fashion beating and get your BTC back.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:48:59 PM

cheers

i already lost hope in human intelligence because i see these pics from greece:

-cut-

I don't get it, they're waiting for their turn on ATM gangbang, it's not like they have a choice.
Their leadership, on the other hand, seams to be as intelligent as op tho

cheers
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:49:31 PM

Why haven't you used an escrow? Seems fake to me or you are really silly Lips sealed

Escrow cant help him, because he will also scam him after seeing that much amount.

I am not joking. I'm 100% serious. I sent 32,000 btc to someone for 35,000 cash deposit to my bank account. And now they are not responding.

Great above you had written 32 BTC and here you are writing 32000 BTC lol great

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:52:11 PM

Edit: I have done over 150k trades with people that I know. He was recommended by a friend of mine as my main supplier was out of cash to deposit.

What can I possibly do? Please help

You bought 32 bitcoin for $35k thats nearly $1k each, did you take a look at the market price currently?
code247 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:52:48 PM

Escrow cant help him, because he will also scam him after seeing that much amount.

Sorry I forgot to add a 'k' at the end of 31.2. It is 31.2k not 31.2. In my title it's corrected
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

Can you prove this with showing the transaction ID?
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:59:16 PM

Sorry I forgot to add a 'k' at the end of 31.2. It is 31.2k not 31.2. In my title it's corrected

it seems you are in shock and looking a little confused to tell the whole story in a proper what happened to you because we don't understand what you want to tell us, some kind of transaction id about this would be helpful to know about this and if that you sent to your bank account so that mean your local support bitcoin?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: