Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice of fee change on GLBSE  (Read 5880 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 03:13:58 PM

Good question, to discourage people from submitting bad contracts, the application fee will cover a single application, so applicants had better get their stuff right if they don't want to waste funds.

I think somone has already offered to vet contracts on the forum.

I would be willing to look at people's contracts and rip them apart with brutal honesty. Maybe I could offer to look at a contract for 1 btc, refundable if the contract is not accepted by GLBSE?

That sounds like a good idea.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:33:52 PM

Good question, to discourage people from submitting bad contracts, the application fee will cover a single application, so applicants had better get their stuff right if they don't want to waste funds.

I think somone has already offered to vet contracts on the forum.

I would be willing to look at people's contracts and rip them apart with brutal honesty. Maybe I could offer to look at a contract for 1 btc, refundable if the contract is not accepted by GLBSE?

I heartily endorse this service and/or product.

PPoweredP

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:54:36 AM

I paid the current fee and met all requirements to list my security of which there are others already doing the same thing. Nefario has threatened to not list my security unless I meet a new set of requirements. This seems quite unfair. Why bother implementing a fee change in a certain amount of days if you are going to change the rules effective immediately? I hope you change your mind Nefario. This is not the way to run a business and I cannot understand why you are choosing to single me out.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:05:10 AM

I paid the current fee and met all requirements to list my security of which there are others already doing the same thing. Nefario has threatened to not list my security unless I meet a new set of requirements. This seems quite unfair. Why bother implementing a fee change in a certain amount of days if you are going to change the rules effective immediately? I hope you change your mind Nefario. This is not the way to run a business and I cannot understand why you are choosing to single me out.

You have not been singled out, there have been very few new listings as of late for a reason.

I'm reluctant to approve another anonymous asset, especially one thats supposed to be a school project yet is raising over 1000BTC. Really the cost to GLBSE in having to clean up the mess of what will be a hit and run, as well as the damage to our reputation makes it not worth while.

The rules have not been changed, if you look at our terms of service we can require an issuer to verify, this is something you agreed to when creating an account on GLBSE.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:07:38 AM

Actually I was wrong, you were actually looking for 10,000BTC not 1,000.

PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:12:19 AM

Would it make a difference if I was willing to reduce the amount to 500 BTC? I do not want to waste all the effort I have put into this project and it seems that you are unfairly controlling the market. That seems anti-Bitcoin to me.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:19:42 AM

Would it make a difference if I was willing to reduce the amount to 500 BTC? I do not want to waste all the effort I have put into this project and it seems that you are unfairly controlling the market. That seems anti-Bitcoin to me.

At this stage I think not since your intent is clear.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:23:41 AM

GLBSE is private property, generally private property is "controlled".  There is a competing exchange and maybe you can start a third one.  Not sure where you get the idea that Bitcoin doesn't support rights for private property owners.  
PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:26:33 AM

At this stage I think not since your intent is clear.

Huh  What? My intent to get a good grade in school and raise Bitcoin awareness? What are you basing your accusation on? Not the fact that I have been 100% honest and open to everyone as well as providing my teacher's name and my school address to my lenders. I hope other people take notice of this. I spoke to you prior to submitting my 8BTC and listing my IPO. You never mentioned anything except pointing me towards your new fees. I think your intent is the one that is clear. A shame that you had to go this route.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:32:28 AM

GLBSE is private property, generally private property is "controlled".  There is a competing exchange and maybe you can start a third one.  Not sure where you get the idea that Bitcoin doesn't support rights for private property owners.  

Actually, 2 competing exchanges.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:33:04 AM

It sounds like PPoweredP wants a KickStarter-like system.  That way, investors are protected because a project will not fund unless it reaches the fundraising goals.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:38:20 AM

It sounds like PPoweredP wants a KickStarter-like system.  That way, investors are protected because a project will not fund unless it reaches the fundraising goals.

I only wanted to do something fun and get a good grade in my class with my Bitcoin hobby. Nefario apparently wanted to make wild accusations and single me out for some reason. A shame. Adding insult to injury is that I contacted him prior to paying the non-refundable 8BTC fee and his only response was that he would be increasing fees soon. I guess he decided 8BTC is not enough for a listing and this thread was simply his way of pretending to run a transparent exchange. I hope people take notice of this. I for one have a different opinion of the GLBSE now. It looks more like the next Bitcoin Savings & Trust after this experience.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:42:14 AM

Not exactly protected. Sure if the funding goal isn't met then they get their funds back, but if it's a scam then it's a scam no matter.

PPoweredP has already started making threats to me in PM's, despite me telling him that I would refund the 8BTC. I don't see any reason to take him for anything other than a scammer, what teacher tells a student to go out and start an anonymous fund worth $100,000USD on a bitcoin market?

Besides, the only thing that I've required is that he get verified. His unwillingness to do so, along with his increasing hostility is a major red flag.

PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:48:02 AM

PPoweredP has already started making threats to me in PM's, despite me telling him that I would refund the 8BTC. I don't see any reason to take him for anything other than a scammer, what teacher tells a student to go out and start an anonymous fund worth $100,000USD on a bitcoin market?

What threats? I said I would be forced to file a scammer complaint if you did not refund my 8BTC. You have not done so yet. Why? Your accusations are bordering on libel.

I also said I would be happy to only raise 500BTC to invest on the GLBSE but for some reason you are trying to paint me as something I am not. Shame on you.
Winterfrost

Activity: 644
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:00:49 AM

What threats? I said I would be forced to file a scammer complaint if you did not refund my 8BTC. You have not done so yet. Why? Your accusations are bordering on libel.

I also said I would be happy to only raise 500BTC to invest on the GLBSE but for some reason you are trying to paint me as something I am not. Shame on you.

I only wanted to do something fun and get a good grade in my class with my Bitcoin hobby. Nefario apparently wanted to make wild accusations and single me out for some reason. A shame. Adding insult to injury is that I contacted him prior to paying the non-refundable 8BTC fee and his only response was that he would be increasing fees soon. I guess he decided 8BTC is not enough for a listing and this thread was simply his way of pretending to run a transparent exchange. I hope people take notice of this. I for one have a different opinion of the GLBSE now. It looks more like the next Bitcoin Savings & Trust after this experience.

Why would Nefario refund a non-refundable fee?

PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:08:46 AM

Why would Nefario refund a non-refundable fee?

Because it is the right thing to do?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:10:17 AM

Why would refunding a non-refundable fee be the right thing to do? 
PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:13:51 AM

Why would refunding a non-refundable fee be the right thing to do? 

I did everything according to the rules and I even contacted him first to let him know what I was doing. He let me pay the 8BTC and then changed the rules in order to scam me. That deserves a scammer tag in my opinion.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:16:19 AM

Well you didn't do everything.  The terms and conditions you agreed to were that the exchange could require verification of any asset owner for any reason.  You didn't. The terms also gave the exchange the sole discretion in approving a new listing.  They didn't.

The fee was non-refundable and you new it was non-refundable.
PPoweredP

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:23:28 AM

Well you didn't do everything.  The terms and conditions you agreed to were that the exchange could require verification of any asset owner for any reason.  You didn't. The terms also gave the exchange the sole discretion in approving a new listing.  They didn't.

The fee was non-refundable and you new it was non-refundable.

That is why I contacted him prior to paying the 8BTC and laid out my entire plan. He knew I was not going to verify and let me pay it anyway without a word of concern despite me asking him directly if my IPO would be approved. That action was premeditated and I believe he baited me into paying the 8BTC will the full intention of denying my listing to steal my 8BTC using his terms of service as a shield. His only word of caution was that I should pay quickly because he was raising the fees on Friday. I am calling scammer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: