Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GetGems the potential Killer App.  (Read 1442 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:07:39 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 08:31:56 AM by nextgencoin

I know you guys are a hardened cynical bunch but I honestly think this could become the killer app Bitcoin/Alts needs for the masses.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:41:48 PM

I agree. But skepticism is natural, and it comes with a side benefit: you get extra time to buy more GEMZ if you have the funds.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:29:53 PM

The first alt (Gemz) related project being easy and incentive enough for the non tech savy users. Something which 99.9% of other Cryptos are failing at.

Here is what is genius about GetGems: It managed to close the loop from getting new users -> earning Gems -> spending it, in one app. What's more genius is that it has managed to do it in such a simplistic way that every non nech savy person at whatever age would understand it. This is the dream of every alt and i haven't seen literally any other alts succeeding in this. And the best part is that its killer feature hasn't been released yet, using this app just makes sense, a big player is stepping in this game.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:57:49 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 12:10:35 AM by TaunSew

It's all a fork of telegram and the sad thing was it was a bait and switch (a form of fraud) to get to that too, only after Peled collected everyone's money did he pull the fraud on the cryptocurrency community.  Actually I don't think that fraud really matters much.  People get screwed over everyday in crypto that they simply stopped caring.   Cheesy

You guys pretend like you invented slice beard but there's many alternates with their own mobile clients and soon-to-be mobile apps.  If having a mobile app was proprietary to just Gems then I would had bought it, as would many others and Gems would be #3 be now, but lettuce beef cereal: in about two-three years mobile apps are going to be commonplace on these forums and I don't think Gems will be able to compete with them.  If your developers didn't have the skill to create their own app, and had to fork telegram, then they're probably going to be left behind in the dust when the mobile developers start cranking out professional product with new code.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:00:17 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 12:13:39 AM by TaunSew

I agree. But skepticism is natural, and it comes with a side benefit: you get extra time to buy more GEMZ if you have the funds.

The adoption model, which is easily gamed by blackhats, is something we have seen on the internet for probably 10-15 years and it hasn't produced noticeable successes.  I think you lose points on social factor / coolness when people find out that other people were paid to recruit them.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:11:49 AM

The first alt (Gemz) related project being easy and incentive enough for the non tech savy users. Something which 99.9% of other Cryptos are failing at.

Here is what is genius about GetGems: It managed to close the loop from getting new users -> earning Gems -> spending it, in one app. What's more genius is that it has managed to do it in such a simplistic way that every non nech savy person at whatever age would understand it. This is the dream of every alt and i haven't seen literally any other alts succeeding in this. And the best part is that its killer feature hasn't been released yet, using this app just makes sense, a big player is stepping in this game.

This gives me a headache.

The last thing any normal person would want...
Is more complexity in their life, like, let's make buying a cup of coffee some sort of smartphone MLM scheme.

The spreadsheet and browser were killer apps...
So far there has been nothing remotely "killer" about any app related to crypto.

In fact, even Bitcoin itself has proven to be tame and non-disruptive.

If Bitcoin mattered, Windows 8 and 10 would have a slick BTC wallet built-in...
The way IE was bundled with Windows 98... because the new WWW was in fact disruptive.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:23:21 AM

It's all a fork of telegram and the sad thing was it was a bait and switch (a form of fraud) to get to that too, only after Peled collected everyone's money did he pull the fraud on the cryptocurrency community.  Actually I don't think that fraud really matters much.  People get screwed over everyday in crypto that they simply stopped caring.   Cheesy

You guys pretend like you invented slice beard but there's many alternates with their own mobile clients and soon-to-be mobile apps.  If having a mobile app was proprietary to just Gems then I would had bought it, as would many others and Gems would be #3 be now, but lettuce beef cereal: in about two-three years mobile apps are going to be commonplace on these forums and I don't think Gems will be able to compete with them.  If your developers didn't have the skill to create their own app, and had to fork telegram, then they're probably going to be left behind in the dust when the mobile developers start cranking out professional product with new code.
Name another app that:

Send Btc
Send another crypto (both of which to send all I need to do is send someone a text saying "10 BTC" or "10 Gems") and it arrives has fast has a text.
Group Chat
Private client side encrypted chat which includes the ability to set a time period so the messages are deleted off both devices
Send pics, files, videos and sound clips
Earn Gems for referring other people to the app
Earn Gems for just having Gems in your wallet
Not receiving spam unless the spam sender pays you a fee in Gems which you set

Soon to have:
A shop where you can buy giftcards to major retailers within the app
The ability to rain Gems (wait until you see it)

You do know that the Telegram client side is open source right?

Need to come up with new material TaunSew.

mrvegad

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:26:15 AM

This gives me a headache.

The last thing any normal person would want...
Is more complexity in their life, like, let's make buying a cup of coffee some sort of smartphone MLM scheme.

The spreadsheet and browser were killer apps...
So far there has been nothing remotely "killer" about any app related to crypto.

In fact, even Bitcoin itself has proven to be tame and non-disruptive.

If Bitcoin mattered, Windows 8 and 10 would have a slick BTC wallet built-in...
The way IE was bundled with Windows 98... because the new WWW was in fact disruptive.
So then what you are saying is that crypto is to complex for the normal person?
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:32:02 AM

Group Chat
Private client side encrypted chat which includes the ability to set a time period so the messages are deleted off both devices

These are features I can access for free, without spending money, on telegram itself.  You guys simply forked Telegram, modified a few lines of code and called it innovation and yet what you did is no different from all the worthless $hitcoins copying opensource Bitcoin-QT.  

All this stuff about sending coins on Gems are not valid points because nobody is really using crypto and those who are primarily holding it.  If I need to send coins to somebody I simply ask for their address, not "oh please install Telegram, CounterParty and GEMs in that order" (lmao at this unnecessary complication).  Even if you just say just download Gems only.   I can send coins out to any BTC address before the Gems download and installation is even completed.

This is all just a MLM scheme.  The pay-to-use model is doomed because there will be multiple free mobile apps in the future and people will prefer to use them over a pay-to-use model like Gems which is a fork of a free service.

What Peled pretty much did was take something that can be downloaded for free and is charging for it - "wow much brilliant"

mrvegad

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:41:09 AM

Group Chat

These are features I can access for free, without spending money, on telegram itself.  You guys simply forked Telegram, modified a few lines of code and called it innovation and yet what you did is no different from all the worthless $hitcoins on Bitcointalk.  

All this stuff about sending coins on Gems are not valid points because nobody is really using crypto and those who are primarily holding it.  If I need to send coins to somebody I simply ask for their address, not "oh please install Telegram, CounterParty and GEMs in that order" (lmao at this unnecessary complication).  Even if you just say just download Gems only.   I can send coins out to any BTC address before the Gems download and installation is even completed.

This is all just a MLM scheme. 

No one needs Gems when in 2-3 years there will be multiple free apps.

This shows that you have no clue what you are talking about, all you need is the Gems app.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:44:57 AM

Ok fine so no one needs gems in 2 to 3 years. Meanwhile, we have gems. Tongue

Earning a few coins appeals to some people. A bitcoin wallet that comes with a few shitcoins you can sell for bitcoins is maybe a little more complicated than getting bitcoins directly but hey for some folks a free satoshi is a free satoshi and something they find fun to get.

Hadn't gotten them to install any other bitcoin wallet because of the predictable "why I want a bitcoin wallet when I dont have and am not about to get any bitcoins?" reaction.

Also, pay to use is for advertisers. Do consumers really prefer free-to-spam models over pay-to-spam models? News to me if so...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:45:51 AM

Group Chat

These are features I can access for free, without spending money, on telegram itself.  You guys simply forked Telegram, modified a few lines of code and called it innovation and yet what you did is no different from all the worthless $hitcoins on Bitcointalk.  

This shows that you have no clue what you are talking about, all you need is the Gems app.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

Ad Hominems much?

Yeah sure buddy - keep on hustling that paid ripoff of a free service.   Cheesy   I will later be playing the world's smallest violin when the free mobile apps are out.
Bagholders will whine and Peled will walk away with the money he has amassed so far, so I would say the purpose of Gems has met the founder's expectations (cash in and sell out).

TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:50:42 AM

Peled in a nutshell.   Cheesy

mrvegad

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:54:10 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 01:06:03 PM by mrvegad

Group Chat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

Ad Hominems much?

Yeah sure buddy - keep on hustling that paid ripoff of a free service.   Cheesy   I will be playing the world's smallest violin when the free mobile apps are out.
Bagholders will whine and Peled will walk away with the money he has amassed so far, so I would say the purpose of Gems has met the founder's expectations (cash in and sell out).

That didn't take you long.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:16:22 AM

Taunshew trying so hard, don't be jealous. Then again if i was a reddcoin bagholder i would be jealous too and whats more funny is you jumped on the nem boat, another complicated shitcoin no average person ever will use. You can't fud this coin cus it actually gets used by people who never heard of crypto and never visit this forum and thats why this start up is interesting. It is attractive enough for the average joe who never would use any other complex alt with shitty gimmicks.

From your reddit account seems that you support forking you're such a hypocrite look at his comment.

Could be a good thing to fork for Reddcoin when it's ready but i'm not sure it will happen with only $2,500 on a $50,000 objective.
Or we can fork Autotip. It's the same.

I supported you on dibbits and bittrex screw ups, but here you are just being a clown.

What reddit account?  I don't have one.  Besides I bought my Redd back in February 2014 when the capitalization was around $200K.

I have a lot of fan members on Bitcointalk but at least most of them actually have a better idea of what's in my current portfolio.   Cheesy   Based on Gems' history, now that's what we call a bagholder.   Shocked

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:41:02 AM

Taunshew trying so hard, don't be jealous. Then again if i was a reddcoin bagholder i would be jealous too and whats more funny is you jumped on the nem boat, another complicated shitcoin no average person ever will use. You can't fud this coin cus it actually gets used by people who never heard of crypto and never visit this forum and thats why this start up is interesting. It is attractive enough for the average joe who never would use any other complex alt with shitty gimmicks.

From your reddit account seems that you support forking you're such a hypocrite look at his comment.

Could be a good thing to fork for Reddcoin when it's ready but i'm not sure it will happen with only $2,500 on a $50,000 objective.
Or we can fork Autotip. It's the same.

I supported you on dibbits and bittrex screw ups, but here you are just being a clown.

What reddit account?  I don't have one.  Besides I bought my Redd back in February 2014 when the capitalization was around $200K.

I have a lot of fan members on Bitcointalk but at least most of them actually have a better idea of what's in my current portfolio.   Cheesy   Based on Gems' history, now that's what we call a bagholder.   Shocked

I moved my entire Bitcoin into Gemz. I actually bought at way higher prices that now, Imhave a confession, I actually was probably responsible for the early spike in price as I was overly anxious to buy cause I thought the price would explode. I have never felt more comfortable with being a 'bag holder' in my whole time owning coins, and I owned a lot of different ones. I actually want the price to stay down cause I can't buy anymore for a couple of months.

Heres one thing I like about Gems, it can't be hyped and it can't be fudded. the success of the app will purely be based on its user base and how viral it can get once everything is in place. my guess with the uniqueness of the app and it's generally intriguing very accessible story it's going to be very very easy to market to mainstream tech news outlets and even the MSM. that time is not now but I believe it will come.

What you guys invested in your alt coins fail to get is that even if there is 1000btc vol on exchanges no one and I mean no one is using those coins and likely ever will. Bitcoin let's face it is the crypto currency that will succeed, the rest are vehicles of fantasy for fools like you to run around forum message boards in sad attempts to hype so you can trade and offload and ultimately buy more Bitcoin. The game is up, the market is rigged, your the bagholder, go get a better hobby.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:47:55 AM

so you can trade and offload and ultimately buy more Bitcoin. The game is up, the market is rigged, your the bagholder, go get a better hobby.

Uh huh.  I have been zero BTC position since I started crypto in 2013.  Never held BTC for longer than a day.  I only have about 200 fan boys who follow me everywhere on this site, by now one of them would had found my BTC stash if I had one.   Grin  So false on the flawed idea that people only go into alts to acquire more worthless BTC.

I came during the bubble when most bought at $1250 and those are the true bagholders here.  People like me who went 100% into the alternates have unrealized gains.  Bitcoin has been one of the worst performing currency in the world since January 2014, possibly thee worse, even makes the Ukrainian and Russian currency look good.    Shocked

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:50:51 AM

so you can trade and offload and ultimately buy more Bitcoin. The game is up, the market is rigged, your the bagholder, go get a better hobby.

Uh huh.  I have been zero BTC position since I started crypto in 2013.  Never held BTC for longer than a day.  I only have about 200 fan boys who follow me everywhere on this site, by now one of them would had found my BTC stash if I had one.   Grin  So false on the flawed idea that people only go into alts to acquire more worthless BTC.

I came during the bubble when most bought at $1250 and those are the true bagholders here.  People like me who went 100% into the alternates have unrealized gains.  Bitcoin has been one of the worst performing currency in the world since January 2014, possibly thee worse, even makes the Ukrainian and Russian currency look good.    Shocked

People have made some money on even the worst scam coins ever made....your point sir?
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:52:32 AM

People have made some money on even the worst scam coins ever made....your point sir?

Yeah Peled is nodding his head right now I bet  Grin

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:12:57 AM

Uh huh.  I have been zero BTC position since I started crypto in 2013.  Never held BTC for longer than a day.  I only have about 200 fan boys who follow me everywhere on this site, by now one of them would had found my BTC stash if I had one.   Grin  So false on the flawed idea that people only go into alts to acquire more worthless BTC.

I came during the bubble when most bought at $1250 and those are the true bagholders here.  People like me who went 100% into the alternates have unrealized gains.  Bitcoin has been one of the worst performing currency in the world since January 2014, possibly thee worse, even makes the Ukrainian and Russian currency look good.    Shocked

Yeah Peled is nodding his head right now I bet  Grin

You're really not getting the concept this coin can't be fudded on this forum are you.

So do you think IF the app gets a million downloads (conservative actually for even average chat apps) you the great Fudder of Bitcointalk will be able to affect the price with memes and forum posts?

Let's give you a challenge, try to destroy FB......ok I'll give you 24 hours. I want to see users drop by 50% and the share price the halve. Go TaunSew, go...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: