Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 06:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much will you pay for a social networking website?  (Read 283 times)
kevinpaladin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:16:29 PM

I'm currently in the process of building a networking website for bitcoin users (not exactly social networking as mentioned in the title).

1. Python web application.
2. Graph database (suitable for a networking application and highly scalable).
3. Using Version Control (Git)
4. API first architecture. So easily extendable to mobile application.
5. Selling along with the domain name bitcoin[xxxx].org. (Domain name related to bitcoin. Matches with the theme of the web app)
6. AJAXified wherever possible.

Features of the website cannot be disclosed now. But, it has basic features like messaging, feed, post, etc.  Smiley

For how much Bitcoins can I sell the web app for?
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:53:29 PM

Cool attempt , but it would get limited to bitcoiners and thus might get low traffic which is obviously not beneficial for website owners .
kevinpaladin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:06:04 PM

Cool attempt , but it would get limited to bitcoiners and thus might get low traffic which is obviously not beneficial for website owners .

Yes, this site is only for bitcoiners. The reason is because, only serious bitcoiners will register in this site that makes the site less junkier without having unnecessary posts and feeds.

Another advantage is that, a lot of features only related to bitcoin users can be added.

So summarizing, the site is focused on bitcoiners. It isn't a replacement for a forum. But another tool of sophistication for bitcoiners.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:47:39 AM

Price can´t be defined with only that information,somebody can say 1 BTC or less, if you want some reward bigger, you need do something different remember that new sites are being created each day with new features.For example everybody can create a free forum and call it "Forum to
bitcoiners",etc....., Besides of innovation you need a good traffic on the net an it can take time.
kevinpaladin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:10:19 AM

Price can´t be defined with only that information,somebody can say 1 BTC or less, if you want some reward bigger, you need do something different remember that new sites are being created each day with new features.For example everybody can create a free forum and call it "Forum to
bitcoiners",etc....., Besides of innovation you need a good traffic on the net an it can take time.

That's true. Of course, this isn't just another forum for Bitcoiners. Smiley But I can't disclose more info right now. And I don't think I can sell it for just 1 BTC. But thanks anyway.

I'll probably get back once the site is done and up then. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: