Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:01:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing coins with Armory  (Read 530 times)
tingtangtoots (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:51:27 PM

So my problem seems to have started last night. what happened was I decided to buy some coins and send them to my armory wallet. usually this is doesnt take very much effort.

I started up armory and i hadn't started it in several days so it put up the "initializing block chain" business to sync with blockchain.info and all that. I didn't want to wait for it to finish so I just clicked on receive coins in the offline mode and copied that wallet address.

Bought my coins, sent them to that address, minimized armory and went to bed.

I wake up today and check my armory wallet and it's still initializing the block chain. It never takes this long so I look up why it's doing this and apparently it's something to do with bitcoin core not cooperating with armory in the background so I had to close armory and tell it to not start bitcoin-qt in the background automatically, reopen bitcoin core and startup armory again.

it took a matter of minutes for armory to say "alright, you're cool." and load up my transactions for the wallet and sync. only thing is now the transaction that i made last night isn't showing up at all. it shows that it was sent from the other wallet I sent the bitcoins from, but now the primary "receive bitcoins" address that armory is giving me is different from the one i used in offline mode. The one that I used in offline mode is still visible to me if i double click on the wallet and look at the different addresses this wallet uses, but the tab that says #tx at the top is showing 0 for that wallet address.

at this point it looks like bitcoin core is still syncing with the network so I'm not sure if this is just going to take a long ass time to show up or if those funds magically disappeared. any advice?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 07:59:42 PM

If it is still syncing, then you won't see the transaction until it has synced past the time that the transaction was sent. If you lookup the transaction in Blockchain.info, then the coins were sent and you just need to wait for everything to become synced.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: