Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin app for Facebook  (Read 7865 times)
cloud9 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:41:58 AM

Has anybody started work yet on a Bitcoin application, plugging into Facebook to facilitate btc transfer between Facebook friends and subtracting a small commission to the app's introducer's bitcoin address (which gets programmed into the app when it got passed on / referred to the friend)?  Where can you get hold of such an application?  As I would like to introduce a few of my friends and add my btc address to the destination address for commissions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloud9 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 10:45:42 AM

Can someone build such an application of Facebook's open platform?  There can even be a default commision% be built in for the developer on all transfers.  Wouldn't it be really useful and easy to use with widespread appeal?

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 12:08:10 PM

I think it would be great...it might also make huge headlines when Facebook bans it because it is eating into their profits from Facebook credits...LOL!  Go for it!

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
cloud9 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 12:19:12 PM

Unfortunately my programming skills are lacking.  You do not know of any such existing app plugin on the open Facebook platform?  With regards to competition with Facebook credits - Facebook credits are for online games - not for transfer between friends, so it will be fulfilling in another need of Facebook users.  It will actually make Facebook much more usable to a wider audience - enabling Facebook for Paypal-like transfers between friends.  So maybe Facebook will actually embrace the even more traffic it will be enjoying from such a combination of technologies.  But this is all speculation, and what and if scenarios - ultimately if something has use with a mass appeal - it usually succeeds, if no mass appeal, it does not succeed.

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 12:31:48 PM

I don't know of any such plugin, but I would be surprised if there weren't already a few people working on it.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 01:04:04 PM

This is a terrific idea for another bitcoin exchange.  While it eliminates the anonymity, it could serve as a good basis of trust between traders.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 02:06:55 PM

Has anybody started work yet on a Bitcoin application, plugging into Facebook to facilitate btc transfer between Facebook friends and subtracting a small commission to the app's introducer's bitcoin address (which gets programmed into the app when it got passed on / referred to the friend)?  Where can you get hold of such an application?  As I would like to introduce a few of my friends and add my btc address to the destination address for commissions.

Dang. So many interesting project ideas, so little time.

mrsramos

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:18:39 PM

Dang. So many interesting project ideas, so little time.

You are right. I wonder how long before the worlds oldest profession picks this up. Think about it. Cam/phone exchange for bitcoins.
cloud9 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:52:15 PM

Typical joe/jane:  I can't wait for a facebook application that allows me to transfer to my friend with my blackberry with btc's to make up for my share of the bill at the restaurant.  The app writer, as well as the person who referred me to this convenient method to transfer btc's to my friend can take a small fee on the transaction - as well.  I'm not interested in running a client - because i don't even mine on my blackberry.  I just want to give to my friends sometimes, easily on facebook with no complicated addresses - just want to click on their facebook names please and add number of bitcoins!!!

Joe now likes Jane
Joe sent Jane 0.3 bitcoins
Jane poke Joe

trudi

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

So, have a look at

bitcoin-app.com
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:17:31 PM

So, have a look at

bitcoin-app.com

Anyone vet this yet? I don't want to be the first Smiley
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:22:12 PM

Interesting, you get 0.01BTC to play with. My account balance is 0.01BTC but my accound address has nothing in it according to blockchain.info

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:23:42 PM

Guys, there already exists a much better one.

I've been using it for about a month.

http://apps.facebook.com/yougotcoin/

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 04:25:10 PM

Interesting, you get 0.01BTC to play with. My account balance is 0.01BTC but my accound address has nothing in it according to blockchain.info

It's probably like most other wallets where that is your deposit address they just generated and the funds (you've been given credit for .01BTC worth of them) are not allocated.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 05:52:55 PM

If I click on "go to App" does that add it to my account?  Or can I read up on it before it sucks my facebook account.

I'm not a big fan of Facebook apps, but I may do it for bitcoin...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 05:56:33 PM

If I click on "go to App" does that add it to my account?  Or can I read up on it before it sucks my facebook account.

Yep! The best part is, it's a faucet also.

Now, I said I've used it for a month, and that's true, but I know the developers and they have briefly gotten busy working on another project for the next few days, so don't be surprised if something happens that isn't fixed immediately.

This is one of my favorite apps of theirs though so I will stand by it regardless of what happens.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 06:07:32 PM

Yep! The best part is, it's a faucet also.

Now, I said I've used it for a month, and that's true, but I know the developers and they have briefly gotten busy working on another project for the next few days, so don't be surprised if something happens that isn't fixed immediately.

This is one of my favorite apps of theirs though so I will stand by it regardless of what happens.

I would probably use more Facebook apps if I could actually find out what they do before they are added to my account...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
trudi

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 06:17:11 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 07:05:55 PM by trudi

I continue with bitcoin-app.com because yougetcoin has some drawbacks.

The by far biggest one for me personally: The app asks for the permission to write literally anything they want to any wall in YOUR name. That is dangerous and absolutely not necessary. I like apps that only ask for the things they need as a minimum to work.

The second issue: You can only send coins to your friends on Facebook and to bitcoin addresses.

bitcoin-app.com allows to send coins to any Facebook member (you can search for them) or to bitcoin addresses as well.

But hey, try both and make your decision Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 06:32:15 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 06:44:47 PM by Matthew N. Wright

I developed bitcoin-app.com because yougetcoin has soo many drawbacks.
No, you didn't. You had no idea of YouGotCoin at all. If you would have known about it, you wouldn't have made yours so horribly designed and under developed. I think you're just desperately trying to play catchup (hence the spam and FUD).

The by far biggest one: The app asks for the permission to write literally anything they want to any wall in YOUR name. That is incredible and absolutely not necessary. I like apps that only ask for the things they need as a minimum to work.
In light of your obvious handicapped state, I recommend reading the following slowly since it's the second time I had to repeat it to you:

When you send coins to a facebook user that has not added the YouGotCoin app yet, it will send them a message on their wall letting them know they can collect the bitcoins.

Kind of a no-brainer. Your app does exactly the same thing, except in a much uglier interface -outside- of facebook -- so inconvenient. Get a clue. Stop defending your shitty interface and start making it better. Earn some respect.

The second issue: You can only send coins to your friends on Facebook.

Wrong. You can send to your friends or any bitcoin address.

bitcoin-app.com allows to send coins to any Facebook member.
Wrong. You cannot send anything to anyone that you do not know. Are you new to the basic privacy features in facebook or something?

Is this the best you can do? FUD and spam?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 07:05:53 PM

That is scalable, Matthew. This needs its own thread of which the developers should start.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: