Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderator Censorship - Seems Like It - Admin Review Requested  (Read 703 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:46:10 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 05:09:43 AM by BitcoinEXpress

I have never had an issue with Mprep that I know of, I think he has a tough job and does it fairly well.

However Mprep has been and was long before he was moderator, A DGC Fanboy under an alt.

The founding dev Baritus burned the community for over $35K and left.

His return to the community is NOT a minor announcement in light of the DGC soliciting and collecting funds to rebuild DGC based on the promise that he would never return.

This is major news to the DGC community and deserves it its own thread for discussion.

I am requesting the the thread below be restored for open discussion.

On its face it appears to be censorship to help bury bad news for DGC.

~BCX~
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

There seems to be a lot of grey area in terms of altcoin moderation. I don't frequent the section often but in this specific case, if a dev took off with funds and is coming back to the community for round 2, then there should definitely be open discussion.

Would be nice to see mprep's reasoning for removing the post due to "minor announcement" if the 35k scam is true.
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:18:48 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 03:10:14 AM by BitcoinEXpress

There seems to be a lot of grey area in terms of altcoin moderation. I don't frequent the section often but in this specific case, if a dev took off with funds and is coming back to the community for round 2, then there should definitely be open discussion.

Would be nice to see mprep's reasoning for removing the post due to "minor announcement" if the 35k scam is true.

This isn't the forum to discuss or debate if it is true but I would invite you to search for a couple threads in Altcoins that do discuss it.

~BCX~
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:52:08 AM

+1 BCX.

all i can say. Although it would be interesting to find out who mprep's alt is. Wish i knew.

Ahmed
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:00:17 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 05:10:41 AM by BitcoinEXpress

+1 BCX.

all i can say. Although it would be interesting to find out who mprep's alt is. Wish i knew.

Ahmed

No need to start anything with Mprep.

To date I have never had an issue with his moderation.

This however is protectionism.

I'll wait and see what the powers that be rule on this.

~BCX~

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:46:14 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 04:59:04 PM by mprep

I have never had an issue with Mprep that I know of, I think he has a tough job and does it fairly well.

However Mprep has been and was long before he was moderator, A DGC Fanboy under an alt.

His return to the community is NOT a minor announcement in light of the DGC soliciting and collecting funds to rebuild DGC based on the promise that he would never return.

This is major news to the DGC community and deserves it its own thread for discussion.

~BCX~

Thanks.

This is my only active account. I made one some time ago as a backup, while already having this one, but not sure what the password is now. I also don't own DGC, nor have a slightest passing interest in said coin.

As I am not part of the DGC community, I took the thread as a minor "welcome back to the team ex dev" thread and thus trashed it for being too coin specific.

As the thread falls out of my jurisdicition (trashcan and thread not by a newbie), I've reported it to have it moved back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don't assume the worst and listen before you accuse.

Edit: Thread is now restored: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102081.0

BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:03:44 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 04:28:04 AM by BitcoinEXpress

~BCX~

Thanks.

This is my only active account. I made one some time ago as a backup, while already having this one, but not sure what the password is now. I also don't own DGC, nor have a slightest passing interest in said coin.

As I am not part of the DGC community, I took the thread as a minor "welcome back to the team ex dev" thread and thus trashed it for being too coin specific.

As the thread falls out of my jurisdicition (trashcan and thread not by a newbie), I've reported it to have it moved back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don't assume the worst and listen before you accuse.

Edit: Thread is now restored: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102081.0

I appreciate you reconsidering your decision and I regret my hasty accusation.

After further research I no longer believe my initial determination that Mprep is tied to DGC is true.

Again I have no issues with you and do not foresee any in the future.

Keep up the good work.

~BCX~

Added: Locked due to resolution as requested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: