Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin media outlets such scumbags?  (Read 477 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:11:30 AM

Everyone be careful, a friend who didn't want to be named, started a bitcoin company a month ago. When the guy went to outlets to get news articles written about the service, he was turned away saying that they had no interest. Last week a service doing exactly what he is doing to the T, I know can use I used the service before jumping to conclusions, was written about in 5 different places all of them which turned my friend away. When asked them why they went with this service and not his, one stupid stupid author answered and said he was willing to give him BTC about 3 of them. So the author accepted... this is a known issue in the bitcoin community and I wish it stop.

It is disgusting, I am not naming names but seriously bitcoin media are scum of the earth and lets stop supporting this people.

Remember in the 1900's JP Morgan controlled the media to pump and dump, don't let these people be the same way.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:56:00 AM

Everyone be careful, a friend who didn't want to be named, started a bitcoin company a month ago. When the guy went to outlets to get news articles written about the service, he was turned away saying that they had no interest. Last week a service doing exactly what he is doing to the T, I know can use I used the service before jumping to conclusions, was written about in 5 different places all of them which turned my friend away. When asked them why they went with this service and not his, one stupid stupid author answered and said he was willing to give him BTC about 3 of them. So the author accepted... this is a known issue in the bitcoin community and I wish it stop.

It is disgusting, I am not naming names but seriously bitcoin media are scum of the earth and lets stop supporting this people.

Remember in the 1900's JP Morgan controlled the media to pump and dump, don't let these people be the same way.

Could you tell us the type of service or what he is doing if names are not ok?
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:04:04 AM

Could you tell us the type of service or what he is doing if names are not ok?

No cause you would all know both sites, and he really didn't want me to write this but I felt it was needed to be known. I would say take it with a gain of salt, since no names and I feel bad for that. I wanted to write this like when it happened, but it pretty well known in the community so I wanted to re-enforce that.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:59:13 AM

Proof? Why aren't you naming and shaming them if they're being corrupt and only taking money for articles? I doubt the actually author would admit to you that the reason yours wasn't published was because you didn't bribe them but feel free to post it here and the community can shame or blacklist that site.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

Proof? Why aren't you naming and shaming them if they're being corrupt and only taking money for articles? I doubt the actually author would admit to you that the reason yours wasn't published was because you didn't bribe them but feel free to post it here and the community can shame or blacklist that site.

Been done, same ones that been named before.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:48:23 PM

So..?

Welcome to planet earth filled with corruption.

On of my best buddies is a construction site super, the contractors constantly give him things under the table to ensure they get the next contract.

New site is coming up? GUESS who just got handed $500, guess who's getting the contract.

Scratch my back I'll sctrach yours.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:49:58 AM

So..?

Welcome to planet earth filled with corruption.

On of my best buddies is a construction site super, the contractors constantly give him things under the table to ensure they get the next contract.

New site is coming up? GUESS who just got handed $500, guess who's getting the contract.

Scratch my back I'll sctrach yours.

I know but I just reminding everyone about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: