Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-09-17 TheAlexJonesChannel - Max Keiser: Ultimate QE3 Meltdown  (Read 1471 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:55:42 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 07:27:56 AM by julz

Well I suppose Alex Jones is press of a sort Wink

Max Keiser: Ultimate QE3 Meltdown

Alex Jones interviewing Max Keiser
2012-09-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXXPVndVvxQ&t=34m56s

Max: I'll say something and I'll mention something.. you're probably not going to like it though.. because it's very very.. kind of.. ah.. sub.. sub surface type stuff
but you know I gotta say that I am..  I spent the last weekend attending the Bitcoin 2012 conference here in London.
And on the surface it sounds..  doesn't sound good, but when you get into what Bitcoin is really all about Alex, it really is the currency of the resistance.

Basically if we are entering into an environment of 360 degrees of surveillance.  Of.. us being surveyed .. every click of the mouse, every web page we view, every email totally read.
(inaudible)

Alex:  Walking outside we're being  face scanned.

Max: Right.. If that's where we're headed, then Bitcoin, which is, the value of Bitcoin is entirely tied to its cryptological content.. it's cryptology as a currency.
And therefore it really could be the currency of resistance going forward.
On the surface.. it's .. it's hard to get there because you say.. ok it's a digital currency, and we just talked about how bad digital currencies are,
and you know it's a computer driven currency and we just talked about how bad that is. But once you get down into the surface a little bit and you drill into what's really going on with bitcoin, you find out there's this thriving global community (inaudible)

Alex: I'll say this.. there's a lot of globalist connected groups I won't mention.. that that do not like the word Bitcoin. They ban it on these government front sites out there that we know are government...

Max: Ok.. well.. I mean that's a good sign right.. because the globalists hate Bitcoin because it's completely.. cryptologically.. it's it's.. no cost transactions.. you can move money around at zero cost... ah it's.. the currency itself has a quote like any other currency..so it's like 11 dollars and 80 cents per Bitcoin.. but that's not the main thing, the main thing is you can zip in and out of Bitcoin for almost zero cost...

Alex: Well listen we're gonna have to get you back on.. soon to talk about that.. but ah..
(changes the subject)

Discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110298.0

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 01:38:28 PM

Thanks Julz, that's a very interesting report: Alex Jones has a huge following and if he jumps aboard the Bitcoin bandwagon... well, I would say that that could do a big difference.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:42:50 PM

Thanks Julz, that's a very interesting report: Alex Jones has a huge following and if he jumps aboard the Bitcoin bandwagon... well, I would say that that could do a big difference.

Big difference is not always made by big guns, but lot of tiny weeny guns.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 05:24:07 PM

I think a bell-weather indicator of the seriousness about liberty a particular individual or institution has may be their willingness to accept Bitcoin.

For example, is Alex Jones 'controlled opposition' to create a list of people to round up based on their purchases via Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, etc. or the same data could be used without Alex's knowledge?

I recently sent this email to another prominent liberty proponent but I think it is equally applicable to Alex Jones.

Is there any particular reason it is not accepted on XXXXXXX or the XXXX XXXXX?

Like you I am already out there publicly so I wield the boycott primarily offensively, not defensively. Given the type of articles on XXXXX some readers may be defensively boycotting because of potential ramifications from making a donation to XXXXXXX, enrolling in a XXXXXXX course, buying any books, etc.

I have noticed a significant increase in purchases now that I have transitioned all of XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX products to accept bitcoins in addition to the traditional methods. Perhaps some potential customers did not want to pay the increased cost of having a record of a transaction with XXXXXXX stored permanently in the Bluffdale center. After all, who knows what list they may end up on and how they may be persecuted as a result? So I completely sympathize with their defensive boycott given all the examples in history which XXXXXXX so ably educates about.

Bottom line: If someone does not accept bitcoins then presume them to be an especially dangerous camouflaged rattlesnake no matter what their rhetoric.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 05:40:27 PM

Bottom line: If someone does not accept bitcoins then presume them to be an especially dangerous camouflaged rattlesnake no matter what their rhetoric.

I would say they aren't well camouflaged at all and presuming that the basics have been explained to them they are already revealed (at the very least as economically incompetent).

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 06:52:19 PM

QFT

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:16:44 AM

I would say they aren't well camouflaged at all and presuming that the basics have been explained to them they are already revealed (at the very least as economically incompetent).

Well, not camouflaged anymore since Bitcoin has drawn a bright line of demarcation and left no reasonable arguments to not accept it.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:25:28 AM

I think a bell-weather indicator of the seriousness about liberty a particular individual or institution has may be their willingness to accept Bitcoin.

For example, is Alex Jones 'controlled opposition' to create a list of people to round up based on their purchases via Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, etc. or the same data could be used without Alex's knowledge?

I recently sent this email to another prominent liberty proponent but I think it is equally applicable to Alex Jones.

Is there any particular reason it is not accepted on XXXXXXX or the XXXX XXXXX?

Like you I am already out there publicly so I wield the boycott primarily offensively, not defensively. Given the type of articles on XXXXX some readers may be defensively boycotting because of potential ramifications from making a donation to XXXXXXX, enrolling in a XXXXXXX course, buying any books, etc.

I have noticed a significant increase in purchases now that I have transitioned all of XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX products to accept bitcoins in addition to the traditional methods. Perhaps some potential customers did not want to pay the increased cost of having a record of a transaction with XXXXXXX stored permanently in the Bluffdale center. After all, who knows what list they may end up on and how they may be persecuted as a result? So I completely sympathize with their defensive boycott given all the examples in history which XXXXXXX so ably educates about.

I would say its obvious that more people would buy their particular merchandise or donate if it means they wont be placed on a no fly list. You just need to keep pointing out the likelihood of that happening if you use a credit card versus if you use bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: