Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Carolina church shooting: Nine die in Charleston 'hate crime'  (Read 3573 times)
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:24:17 AM

Whats weird to me is that the second the shooting happened, news was all over the place. But there was a shooting in detroit yesterday at a children's birthday party, 11 were shot. And i bet no one heard about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 01:27:04 AM

Whats weird to me is that the second the shooting happened, news was all over the place. But there was a shooting in detroit yesterday at a children's birthday party, 11 were shot. And i bet no one heard about it

I heard about it, but only 1 died out of 12 shot, which doesn't fit the criminals union's narrative that "guns are only for killing" - despite most GSWs being non-fatal. I wonder if it was a drive-by spray at an upward angle, which is why no children were hit, and some partygoers prohibited from firearm possession returned fire in lawful self-defense, which is why nobody is talking to police (no incrimination for unlawful firearms possession).
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/detroit-birthday-party-shooting/index.html

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:37:41 AM

I heard about it, but only 1 died out of 12 shot, which doesn't fit the criminals union's narrative that "guns are only for killing" - despite most GSWs being non-fatal. I wonder if it was a drive-by spray at an upward angle, which is why no children were hit, and some partygoers prohibited from firearm possession returned fire in lawful self-defense, which is why nobody is talking to police (no incrimination for unlawful firearms possession).
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/detroit-birthday-party-shooting/index.html

You might be thinking about the shooting that happened in West Philly the same night where 10 people were also shot. The one in Detroit, an 18-month old and a 12-year old were both hit. But yeah, not many news channels ran those stories. They couldn't blame those shootings on white racism or the Confederate flag.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 01:54:19 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 02:05:45 AM by Beliathon

Agree, let's treat guns and cars the same, with no prior restraint infringements for either, just as sdp described. Harm an innocent with either your gun or your car, and you are destroyed.
An eye for an eye?  Very barbaric, I like it. Takes us ethically back in time nearly 4,000 years to the Hammurabi Code. I take it you are quite devout in your chosen religion?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:01:19 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 02:14:54 AM by Beliathon

-No licenses for drivers.
-No car registration
-No mandatory car insurance.
-Education for misdemeanor offenses?  Probably a good idea for both.
-don't treat people badly because they drove while under the influence of alcohol (or other drugs).
Let's take a moment look at the effect strict motor vehicle laws have had on public safety:

Even with these laws protecting us in place, still we lost 32,719 Americans - enough to fill a football stadium - to car wrecks in 2013.

That number could easily be ten times larger, if we had unscientific morons crafting public safety policy.

In my city over 20,000 have already been injured or killed by cars so far this year (January - June 2015).

I love when naïve libertarians describe their dystopia with absolutely no irony.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:43:21 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 12:37:43 PM by TECSHARE

Actually cars kill A LOT more people than guns. Too bad all your bullshit bureaucracy does nothing to stop that.
Actually, my chosen bureaucracy does a great deal to stop that. I'm a Champion level supporting member of Transportation Alternatives.

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

Oh I see, thats how it works is it? I point out a flaw in your logic the size of a watermelon, so then you just talk about something else like thats what you meant the whole time. Got another fallacy you are guilty of: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

-No licenses for drivers.
-No car registration
-No mandatory car insurance.
-Education for misdemeanor offenses?  Probably a good idea for both.
-don't treat people badly because they drove while under the influence of alcohol (or other drugs).
Let's take a moment look at the effect strict motor vehicle laws have had on public safety:

Even with these laws protecting us in place, still we lost 32,719 Americans - enough to fill a football stadium - to car wrecks in 2013.

That number could easily be ten times larger, if we had unscientific morons crafting public safety policy.

In my city over 20,000 have already been injured or killed by cars so far this year (January - June 2015).

I love when naïve libertarians describe their dystopia with absolutely no irony.

So you are scientific then? When you learned science, do you remember the lesson about correlation does not equal causation? Were the traffic deaths going down because of regulations... or because actual safety technology used to build vehicles has vastly improved?  Of course you just assume all these regulations are what made people safer. Good thing you are so scientific. Here is another real fallacy you are guilty of: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

Additionally, none of those regulations prevent people from getting access to a car in any way, they are simply punishments after the fact for breaking the law, therefore they don't prevent anything, and your analogy with gun ownership is not applicable. There are laws against murder. There are laws saying you need a insurance to drive, but that wont stop you from going on Craigslist and buying a car with zero regulation and running 20 people down.  Your so called safety measures operate 100% on deterrent. Too bad murderous psychopaths don't care about going to jail.  
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:02:16 PM

I've heard very little coverage about church's burning in south.... Have anyone heard about this and what is behind it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: