Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin crashes  (Read 1504 times)
dealhunter (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

using two different PCs I get the same problem today:

when syncing, the client suddenly crashes with the following debug.log:

2015-06-29 14:30:34 IO error: C:\Users\Internet\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\chainstate\713704.ldb: Zugriff verweigert (access denied)

2015-06-29 14:30:34 *** System error while flushing: Database I/O error
2015-06-29 14:36:59 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock : ActivateBestChain failed
2015-06-29 14:37:00 net thread interrupt
2015-06-29 14:37:00 opencon thread interrupt
2015-06-29 14:37:00 dumpaddr thread stop
2015-06-29 14:37:00 addcon thread interrupt
2015-06-29 14:37:03 msghand thread interrupt
2015-06-29 14:37:03 Shutdown: In progress...
2015-06-29 14:37:03 StopNode()
2015-06-29 14:37:03 UPNP_DeletePortMapping() returned : 403
2015-06-29 14:37:03 upnp thread interrupt
2015-06-29 14:37:03 IO error: C:\Users\Internet\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\chainstate\713704.ldb: Zugriff verweigert (access denied)
2015-06-29 14:37:03 *** System error while flushing: Database I/O error

The message says client is stopping but the process never closes

I used the client since 2011 without any problems. Any idea ??
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:58:35 PM

Can you navigate to this location:
IO error: C:\Users\Internet\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\chainstate\713704.ldb: Zugriff verweigert (access denied)

from the command line? 

The IO error and access denied messages would seem to indicate that it can not access those directories, so you should try and see if they are accessible.

Also, as long as I am asking, what version?  (probably not relevant, but who knows).

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:33:55 PM

I've never used windows.  But on GNU/Linux those access denied messages usually have to do with file permissions (because nonexistence usually says "no such file or directory").  The most typical case that I've seen is that you usually run this program as root and now you started it in normal user mode.  (Note, I'm not suggesting that you ought to run bitcoin as root).  Does windows have some analog of "root"?  Or "file permissions"?
dealhunter (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:39:08 PM

IO error: C:\Users\Internet\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\chainstate\713704.ldb: Zugriff verweigert (access denied)

from the command line? 

The IO error and access denied messages would seem to indicate that it can not access those directories, so you should try and see if they are accessible.

Also, as long as I am asking, what version?  (probably not relevant, but who knows).

Yes, I'm able to navigate. I use the latest client on W7 64bit with all updates. In the meantime the client closed after over an hour with high cpu load. I always run the client as no root. Maybe it is an general access problem, I had another problem to write a file to an USB-stick, but not reproduceable.

How can it happen, that I'm able to access a directory and a moment later it doesn't work? That's crazy.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

from the command line? 

Yes, I'm able to navigate. I use the latest client on W7 64bit with all updates. In the meantime the client closed after over an hour with high cpu load. I always run the client as no root. Maybe it is an general access problem, I had another problem to write a file to an USB-stick, but not reproduceable.

How can it happen, that I'm able to access a directory and a moment later it doesn't work? That's crazy.

Maybe a permission issue?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:58:57 PM

Follow http://www.online-tech-tips.com/software-reviews/how-to-fix-access-is-denied-file-may-be-in-use-or-sharing-violation-errors-in-windows/. See if it works.

plasterer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:23:29 PM

Hi just to let you know i had the same problem for about ten days last week. This is what i did to finally get it working , i backed up my wallet first. Uninstalled bitcore, deleted all things associated with bitcore, installed bitcore again as admin, copied over my wallet. All going ok for a good few hours crashed again, came up with the same error you had, so instead of closing it down with the error report i hit file exit, tried to get the programme to close off it's own accord. Pressed start again, it said it could not lock on as it might be still running which i knew it would so i hit file exit. All closed down gave it time remember, then started it again , got down to about when my first transactions started to show up, crashed again, so ignored the error messages, hit file then close, fingers crossed started it again, sure enough started syncing again. Then it crashed yet again, closed it as before same way, IGNORING all the error messages and closing the programme, started it again, this time froze on loading wallet, left it for about an hour, as i knew it was doing something CPU was at 99%, all kicked into life finally synced ,still ok. Fingers crossed. BTW even had the error in there saying that there was no blocks to lock onto or sync with, nightmare, what i would say is always try to get the programme to close it's self even if the error, ignore retry abort is there, just go to file and close down bitcore first then close all the error messages first. hope this helps in some way . All i can say it's a nightmare.
yabit

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:41:49 AM

Same problem here for a couple of days, now it's gone, don't know the reason.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:02:41 PM

Same problem here for a couple of days, now it's gone, don't know the reason.

MZ suggests above that it may have to do with some sort of file-access violation in WINDOZE.  If I were you, I'd run bitcon on a UNIX-like OS anyway, but in any case it's not that hard to set up a virtual machine these days with a headless linux to run bitcoind.  At least then you'd be able to get better advice when things go wrong.  GNU/Linux is more or less well understood, who knows what windows does at the kernel level (closed source!)?
plasterer

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:24:52 PM

Hi tspacepilot i Hear what you are saying m8, Windose does what windoes likes, it is not a problem for me to install a distro on my desktop that is doing nothing anyway, so linux it is. For some reason when you said MZ that got my attention lol. Off topic as i am having trouble logging in . I have come across this file .https.everwhere.js . Did a google on it and it says http://pastebin.com/j4SfgBJh  .Script from fake Bitcoin hack (scam) by Mohammed Jihad
I do not know anything about coding. Should i worry about this file. Thanks in advance.
BTW i do not think the problem has file owner ship problems.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:04:27 PM

Hi tspacepilot i Hear what you are saying m8, Windose does what windoes likes, it is not a problem for me to install a distro on my desktop that is doing nothing anyway, so linux it is. For some reason when you said MZ that got my attention lol. Off topic as i am having trouble logging in . I have come across this file .https.everwhere.js . Did a google on it and it says t  .Script from fake Bitcoin hack (scam) by Mohammed Jihad
I do not know anything about coding. Should i worry about this file. Thanks in advance.
BTW i do not think the problem has file owner ship problems.

So you're trying to install linux on your desktop?  I don't know where you got that js file or how it's related to your distro or your bitcoind install.  I have heard of the name "https everywhere", I thought it was a browser extention to try to force https whenever possible.

I think it's also important to point out that Mohammed Zakir != Mohammed Jihad.

Now, if you actually want an answer to your question "should I worry about this file"?  I think you have to tell us where you got it and what you wanted to do with it.  https.everywhere.js doesn't have anything to do with installing bitcoin-core on a GNU/Linux machine so at least at first glance, it's not really relevant to this thread.

Good luck!
plasterer

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:34:08 PM

Hi tspacepilot thanks for your input, after i had posted my comment i realised Mz was the gentleman above.
Anyway forget that file i mentioned. As you were saying about installing Linux and running Bit-coin core that way, that is what i intend to do.  having and still am having a lot of hassle installing Linux on my desktop machine. It is n XPS630i and for some reason it does not like Linux, a lot of talk about it on the net  i think i have tried about ten distros so far but sure i will get there. Thanks. stay  safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: