Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:23:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank holiday in Greece  (Read 2994 times)
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:51:52 AM

Really very pathetic, please read the cries and hues of the people in Greece http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/greek-banks-close-as-cash-machines-run-dry/story-e6frg8zx-1227419442216

“How can something like this happen without prior warning?” asked Angeliki Psarianou, a 67-year-old retired public servant, who stood in the drizzle after arriving too late at one empty ATM in the Greek capital. “I want Tsipras to tell me how I am going to make it through the week with €10 in my bag with rent coming up. It has never been as bad as this.”

Source link said subscribers only so putting up a second source
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB11064341213388534269604581075703841095260

It sucks for that public servant as one you would expect them to be aware of the news being part of government even after retiring and second that's no excuse to not have some money stored on you for a rainy day.
(But I am curious how will people pay rents with a $66 bank machine limit each day)
Perhaps they can run up Visa's as paying rent would be a pain with a $66/day cap.

Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:03:39 AM

not Bank holiday rather Bank doomsday in Greece, Bitcoin fighting!!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:14:00 AM

Bank holiday? This government system proves that the money was never considered yours if they are able to close the bank.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 09:23:51 AM

bankholiday hahaha  now they laughing good now the ultimatum for paying their dept ti imf was yesterday midnight lol
btc asside, i see them all fleeing to foreign banks to avoid that stupid 60eu/day rule lol

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:33:54 PM

In Africa countries sometimes people have the same. In Greece - what will be with rich people bank accounts, if currently they can take only 60 EUR per day ?  Grin
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:01:16 PM

Its a sad time for Greece and I pity the Greeks who have to go through this tough phase. I would feel so disheartened to spend a day without my money, my own money. Regardless of the fact that I won't be spending all of my fortune in one go and ofcourse I would go easy on my own savings but limiting myself from my own money is not something I would stay shut about.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:07:49 PM

In Africa countries sometimes people have the same. In Greece - what will be with rich people bank accounts, if currently they can take only 60 EUR per day ?  Grin

Converted to Drachma, and devalued. Could lose 50 to 99%+ of their value.

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:33:37 AM

In other words we might get a second Zeroday
For those who remember the Cyprus thread.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:10:01 AM

In other words we might get a second Zeroday
For those who remember the Cyprus thread.

Pretty crazy stuff if you ask me, the power banks and governments could have over the hard earn money of the people, i can just imagine those who are about to retire and they find this types of things out, or how about the big families that 60 euros wont be enough to feed their family in a day.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:54:48 AM

Peoples could ask goverments use gold and silver on currencys instead off only paper or anothers metals, banks cheat peoples giving debit&credit cards and plastic without true value and after happens same that in Greece.Even BTC must be backed for Gold,Silver or Diamonds for a reason very simple:
security to savers.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:02:02 AM

They've even limited the purchasing products to only companies inside Greece. The whole economic system is monitored, and regulated. Bitcoin is going to boom in Greece. Those who saw this crash coming and have switched will be the only beneficiaries.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:52:40 PM

If any greek buy BTC and after need cash to Euro, It is same problem because banks only can withraw 60 euros.So BTC is to longterm anyway.So must think on keep Euros too in a safe place to common expenses.Even buy BTC could be a problem to greeks because they need do first deposit on
Euro thru Bank to account of seller, or Which is better way to get BTC to Greeks?
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:00:52 PM

Yesterday, nearly everyone in Greece was cut off from their money.  Even if you have 5 million euros in the bank, you are now stuck with 60Euros per day.  An irresponsible government, took money away from the people.  

Now do you think bitcoin is powerful?  People who had 5 million in bitcoin yesterday - still have 5 million today.  No stupid government rule is going to change that situation.  

Now go ask the millions of greeks with no money if they like Bitcoin.  As of today, nobody understands Bitcoin more than the Greeks.  
I think every one in Greece is expecting good news the extention of the loan get approved or the strict austerity measures are compromised by international creditors. Otherwise they will leave the Euro zone and fall into chaos.  

Thousands of old ex-government workers with fat pensions want to sit around and drink Uzzo rather than pay back that what they borrowed.  Germany doesn't like that plan so much.  Germany thinks those pensions were awarded to people who shouldn't get free money from an underperforming economy.  Germany thinks people get what they earn - not free money off someone else's work.  Germany is so mean.  This suffering is all Germany's fault. 

Are you dense? Germany gave several billions to Greek.
Actually, 56 billion.  But who is counting?  Germany is greedy and their economy has loads of money.  Now Greek people want to sit around and have more free money - but the Germans aren't being fair about it.

Greeks aren't fair. They demanded over 250 billions from Germany for repair payments of WW2 (LOL).
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/griechenland-reparationsforderungen-koennten-noch-steigen-a-1027473.html
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:30:41 AM

The bank is on a holiday, the government seems to be having a vacation without a credit card... They are on their way to doom themselves and the poor citizens are suffering. i just rad a thread where a businessman lost 700k due to the Greek crisis and the government has taken some part of his business money to settle its debts. The company cannot function anymore and therefore, their business is ruined. TRUST NO ONE, SCREW THESE BANKSTERS  Angry
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:44:41 AM

The bank is on a holiday, the government seems to be having a vacation without a credit card... They are on their way to doom themselves and the poor citizens are suffering. i just rad a thread where a businessman lost 700k due to the Greek crisis and the government has taken some part of his business money to settle its debts. The company cannot function anymore and therefore, their business is ruined. TRUST NO ONE, SCREW THESE BANKSTERS  Angry

Poor guys, lost their business because of the stupidity and mismanagement of their own nation. I wish there was any other way for his business to stay alive Sad I hate it when entrepreneurial hearts are broken, especially when government has a huge part in it. It angers me. The once we rely on, are the ones who destroy us
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:06:02 PM

this only shows the usefulness of something like bitcoin, nobody can take that away from you because it is decentralized and you have complete control over your money. there is no government involved to seize your account or let you access it or not.

When Bitcoin works for them they should consider it. The only problem is it does not have a full green signsl on the global economic front. This actually makes trading freely impossible. But why not consider using Bitcoin where it is accepted, all one needs to do is become more creative and enterprising. well the struggles would be there but is Greece not in a boiling soup already.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:20:33 PM

Really very pathetic, please read the cries and hues of the people in Greece http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/greek-banks-close-as-cash-machines-run-dry/story-e6frg8zx-1227419442216

“How can something like this happen without prior warning?” asked Angeliki Psarianou, a 67-year-old retired public servant, who stood in the drizzle after arriving too late at one empty ATM in the Greek capital. “I want Tsipras to tell me how I am going to make it through the week with €10 in my bag with rent coming up. It has never been as bad as this.”

How can a 67-year old man be that stupid? Still renting at retirement age, with only €10 in his wallet? I have never met someone so dumb. Most Africans are smarter. Since he was a public servant, I fully understand the mess the country is in.

I don't believe anything anymore. This whole scene looked stage in my eyes. No one is that stupid, to walk around only with 10€ after all this currency-collapse-talking in Greece. I am sure he has a nice, warm pillow full of euros at home.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:23:31 PM

Yes, what ever happened to putting your money under your mattress. That is safer than the banks it seems.
The chinese do it because they don't trust no one, or they are hiding it from the IRS.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:50:55 PM

Poor guys, lost their business because of the stupidity and mismanagement of their own nation. I wish there was any other way for his business to stay alive Sad I hate it when entrepreneurial hearts are broken, especially when government has a huge part in it. It angers me. The once we rely on, are the ones who destroy us

I think I read that thread and an interesting turn took place. His business somehow survives, although he is considering shifting to some other place, a nation which respects its citizens and their money and do not play around with it and pay off debts like its just free money to them. He seemed upset, angry and disheartened. I sympathize with Greece but I feel the citizens shouldn't be punished indirectly.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:12:42 PM

Yesterday, nearly everyone in Greece was cut off from their money.  Even if you have 5 million euros in the bank, you are now stuck with 60Euros per day.  An irresponsible government, took money away from the people.  

Now do you think bitcoin is powerful?  People who had 5 million in bitcoin yesterday - still have 5 million today.  No stupid government rule is going to change that situation.  

Now go ask the millions of greeks with no money if they like Bitcoin.  As of today, nobody understands Bitcoin more than the Greeks.  
I think every one in Greece is expecting good news the extention of the loan get approved or the strict austerity measures are compromised by international creditors. Otherwise they will leave the Euro zone and fall into chaos.  

Thousands of old ex-government workers with fat pensions want to sit around and drink Uzzo rather than pay back that what they borrowed.  Germany doesn't like that plan so much.  Germany thinks those pensions were awarded to people who shouldn't get free money from an underperforming economy.  Germany thinks people get what they earn - not free money off someone else's work.  Germany is so mean.  This suffering is all Germany's fault. 

Are you dense? Germany gave several billions to Greek.
Actually, 56 billion.  But who is counting?  Germany is greedy and their economy has loads of money.  Now Greek people want to sit around and have more free money - but the Germans aren't being fair about it.

Greeks aren't fair. They demanded over 250 billions from Germany for repair payments of WW2 (LOL).
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/griechenland-reparationsforderungen-koennten-noch-steigen-a-1027473.html

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much the Germans took in gold and other assets during world war 2 from Greece? Forget how many people were murdered, forget how many babies starved to death..250 billion is TOO LITTLE for the damage done to Greece in world war 2. My mother lived through that war and she told me of horrific stuff that happened in Greece at the time so don't talk garbage lol. I have NO bad feelings for my German friends, this is just the course of history and it was an ugly piece of history for the Germans as well as the occupied territories.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █