Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Postcoin - Distributed mail postal system  (Read 2081 times)
danalex (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:58:10 PM

Let me explain briefly the way forward a completely decentralised mail system that would also act as a system to make public to everyone our tracking so that will become possible to trace the locations in space and time of everyone that is willing to participate in it to benefit from it and help making it more possible and useful for others.

We would have a client app for our trackable devices that would use a p2p network to calculate and tell the necessary participants the best route possible - stattistically and using intelligent algorithms - for a packet to be delivered telling the participants the next place to deliver it so that you receive a fraction of the donations made that day to the system according an evaluation made by the system of the effort and time provided by your service relatively to the other ones.

Everything that moves may for that matter use a bitcoin address to be tracked in space and time.

Imagine you could put a very cheap device on everything that moves, including yourself, that would track it puting its coordinates in space and time! and tell all other nodes all the time.

I am trying to think if we could use bitcoin, namely encoding such information into the blockchain for a very small cost, or if we would need some other protocol and network for that.

It would be like the sender putting a geolocation (gps coordinates and time) and the system helping your item all the time for it to get to its destination.

The the mobile app would use a p2p network of the sort of bitcoin or somehow using bitcoin, maybe, to calculate the best route possible according to the routine routes of the participants and devices.

The participants and devices would communicate with each other to make their location in space and time! public to all others all the time, and help each moving part of it reach the desired places with optimised routes.

I am still thinking about it all and there is a lot that is needed to be sorted out, but eventually we will have a very efficient way of posting things that will be a bit like geocaching and will be free from conventional post service.

We need it to optimise the reliability of their users and their queuing places and the probability that each item will get to the desired place at the required time.

Imagine how much liberty that would provide.

Soon, doctors will loose much of their power to control us forcing us to take drugs we really don't want to take and prevent us from taking the ones we really want.
I have suffered so much from such and pitty so much the "institutionalised" people that see this is possibly the greatest relief and liberation the world will see after bitcoin, that is coming to stay, for sure.

What I also have in mind is for people to cooperate to have their ids - that is willing to participate in such a public endeavour - protected by each other by proving they were in such and such place at such and such time, and not at any other, while providing for optimization in the way things shall reunite.

There is still a lot to think about it, but I definetly see light at the end of the tunnel.

Suposedelly, the system would compensate you in a very fair way for your participation and for making it all possible, and there would be a poll for donations that would then be redistributed in such a fair way, instead of other forms of payment that are not so willfully.

Doing what we could and found possible, we would get compensated in a fair enough way.

I call it postcoin so that we differentiate such project and ideas from bitcoin. A bit of housekeeping.
But eventually, we will be able to use bitcoin and its logic to extend to such endeavours and intents.

Hope you like it, or part of it Smiley

Please consider sending this message or your own version of it or of part of it to the right place everytime you take drugs, are forced to do so or think about sex. Grin
It will bring about fruits, making it blossom.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 11:01:12 PM

BitDrop? Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6279.0

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 12:29:12 AM

Let me explain briefly the way forward a completely decentralised mail system that would also act as a system to make public to everyone our tracking so that will become possible to trace the locations in space and time of everyone that is willing to participate in it to benefit from it and help making it more possible and useful for others.

We would have a client app for our trackable devices that would use a p2p network to calculate and tell the necessary participants the best route possible - stattistically and using intelligent algorithms - for a packet to be delivered telling the participants the next place to deliver it so that you receive a fraction of the donations made that day to the system according an evaluation made by the system of the effort and time provided by your service relatively to the other ones.

Everything that moves may for that matter use a bitcoin address to be tracked in space and time.

Imagine you could put a very cheap device on everything that moves, including yourself, that would track it puting its coordinates in space and time! and tell all other nodes all the time.

I am trying to think if we could use bitcoin, namely encoding such information into the blockchain for a very small cost, or if we would need some other protocol and network for that.

It would be like the sender putting a geolocation (gps coordinates and time) and the system helping your item all the time for it to get to its destination.

The the mobile app would use a p2p network of the sort of bitcoin or somehow using bitcoin, maybe, to calculate the best route possible according to the routine routes of the participants and devices.

The participants and devices would communicate with each other to make their location in space and time! public to all others all the time, and help each moving part of it reach the desired places with optimised routes.

I am still thinking about it all and there is a lot that is needed to be sorted out, but eventually we will have a very efficient way of posting things that will be a bit like geocaching and will be free from conventional post service.

We need it to optimise the reliability of their users and their queuing places and the probability that each item will get to the desired place at the required time.

Imagine how much liberty that would provide.

Soon, doctors will loose much of their power to control us forcing us to take drugs we really don't want to take and prevent us from taking the ones we really want.
I have suffered so much from such and pitty so much the "institutionalised" people that see this is possibly the greatest relief and liberation the world will see after bitcoin, that is coming to stay, for sure.

What I also have in mind is for people to cooperate to have their ids - that is willing to participate in such a public endeavour - protected by each other by proving they were in such and such place at such and such time, and not at any other, while providing for optimization in the way things shall reunite.

There is still a lot to think about it, but I definetly see light at the end of the tunnel.

Suposedelly, the system would compensate you in a very fair way for your participation and for making it all possible, and there would be a poll for donations that would then be redistributed in such a fair way, instead of other forms of payment that are not so willfully.

Doing what we could and found possible, we would get compensated in a fair enough way.

I call it postcoin so that we differentiate such project and ideas from bitcoin. A bit of housekeeping.
But eventually, we will be able to use bitcoin and its logic to extend to such endeavours and intents.

Hope you like it, or part of it Smiley

Please consider sending this message or your own version of it or of part of it to the right place everytime you take drugs, are forced to do so or think about sex. Grin
It will bring about fruits, making it blossom.

I think you need a new doctor Smiley I can get you the name of a few good ones if you'd like Smiley

Your idea is interesting...I'm not sure it would be in need of the Bitcoin protocol and associated proof of work though...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
danalex (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:02:16 PM

Haha, yeah  Smiley
danalex (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:15:41 PM

Even better, the back of cars space for luggage could be used to place digital lockers that would have keys that would be told the participants as required.
Parked cars are everywhere. So using the luggage to provide node buffers to the network seems a great idea.
And the owner of the car would use a mobile app to know to which car parked should he put each parcel.
The computational system would be separate from the physical implementation of lockers on the back of each car, so it would give freedom for each car owner to adapt his car to have the digital lockers as he wished.
A mobile app would provide the driver with the required information and would be used to update tracking information to the network.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2exavz7.jpg
robbonz

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:38:51 AM

How about a system where i check the address of every letter I get on google maps.

If the address is to the left of me then I pass the letter to my left neighbor, if its to the right, then I pass the letter to my right neighbor.

If the letter was posted more than 2 weeks ago I put it in the bin

If the address on the letter is corrupted then I also put it in the bin.

What do ya reckon?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:01:05 PM

This

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:04:48 PM

You need a form of onion routing for packages because pretty soon all the delivery people would be feds.

remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:22:15 AM

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/deliveries-to-your-car-trunk-amazon-teams-with-audi-and-dhl-in-new-initiative

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: