Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my computer got hacked and my BTC and LTC is gone what can be done  (Read 2805 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

Well that really sucks.. cause anything transferred or any bitcoin transaction for that matter is non-reversible.

Unless the person who stole your bitcoin returns it to you out of some moral sympathy. I`d try to contact that person if its possible, and say hey you got me! I`ll send you $40 starbucks gift card or something along those lines or something, boasting his/her ego.

Hard lesson learned. Get a cold wallet.
+1
wise advice.

I dont think anything could be done if someone stolen it.
advise to get a cold wallet isnt the best in my opinion how to transfer funds from cold wallet? Isnt it much harder than doing hit wallet transfers?

No, it is not and cold wallet is a very safe way to store Bitcoin especially if you don't know how to secure your hot wallet.
im afraid that it can happen to me either, am i secure if i use blockchain wallet and i dont have any wallet files on my pc? i was thinking about cold wallet but i was too lazy to create it

If you can't use a cold wallet, use a hot wallet such as Electrum(with 2FA). If you think you can't secure your computer enough to secure your wallet, use a shared wallet such as GreenAddress. Don't use Blockchain.info. It is not a good wallet. It was removed from Bitcoin.org. Their wallet is very buggy and many users Bitcoins were stolen because of their mistakes. Move your coins from there.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: