Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: input on some ideas  (Read 478 times)
DevShuster (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 10:32:06 PM

Hey everyone, the Curecoin team is looking for input on some ideas:

1. A pure-PoS cryptocurrency that we pay out for 30 days for contributions to a few other scientific projects during the next month, and then runs in pure PoS mode forever, after payout premine funds are exhausted. Does not convert to 2.0--this would be an entirely separate, short-term coin.

2. A refocus of cc1.0 to pay out users for contribution to multiple projects bridging the gap between now and 2.0 launch. Payouts would occur in regular Curecoin. Either we could continue with the 7488 coin emission per day and allocate a certain quantity of it to other scientific projects, or we could increase the daily coin emission.

3. The accumulation of 'virtual' curecoins for contributions to other scientific projects until 2.0 launches, which would convert to 2.0 coins at launch.

Remember, all Curecoin 1.0 coins WILL be convertable to 2.0 coins at a one-to-one conversion ratio when 2.0 launches. That being said, option 1 above is a separate coin, and would not be convertible to 2.0 coins, it would be a separate blockchain entirely.

Here's the other projects we're looking at at the moment:
GPUGrid
World Community Grid (Not entirely medical, but very humanitarian-oriented)
Rosetta@Home

DENIS@Home also looks interesting, though we'd like to see the project develop a bit further before integrating with it, as it is very new.

POEM@Home is also an interesting project, though it seems somewhat inactive. Keeping our eyes on it for sure.

If anyone has any other projects they'd like to see on the above list, or any reasons for not liking the ones mentioned, please voice your opinions! Projects like SETI@Home, MilkyWay@Home, DistRTgen, Primegrid, Yoyo@Home, and Einstein@Home aren't currently under consideration due to pursuing goals outside the main focus of Curecoin--like searching radio signals for signs of intelligent life, mapping the galaxy, generating rainbow tables, finding prime numbers, exploring mathematical principles, etc. While these are valid and fascinating types of research, Curecoin's main goal still lies in medical advancement and similar humanitarian goals. Some projects lay out the outskirts of Curecoin territory, such as ClimatePrediction.net.

If enough people in the community feel very strongly about a non-medical project being added to Curecoin, we're here to listen, but we don't want to dilute the project's goals.

Hi and a big thank you to the Curecoin team especially, and to supporters generally:

My feeling is that you, the CC team have put in a tremendous effort to date, and that you are creating something very special with CC 2.0.  This is the only work on anything that I have seen that is to be quantum computing resistant.  The security of cryptocurrencies is one of their top attractions to the public, for they are generally designed to be not diluted by governments, counterfeiters, credit multipliers in the banking system, etc.  There has been a lot of investment in bitcoin and alt coins for both security, and sometimes for partial or complete privacy.  I have an Army analogy for your work: When learning to defend against enemy fire, get in a foxhole, bunker, or behind rocks or trees.  This real security is what you are creating with quantum resistant Curecoin.  Privacy is only second best: hiding behind bushes, walls, and other screens.  Bitcoin has partial privacy, while Darkcoin, Monero, etc. make attempts at full privacy.  Conclusion: When finished, CC will be a superior currency to all previous currencies because of its ultra-high security.  IMHO, the work of protein folding and other useful scientific projects is, sorry to say it, only secondary to having the best currency.  By chance, early design, or exposure through the F@H program, you guys appear to be creating not only the best currency, but also the best way to mine/earn it. 

Because of the constructive science in CC, it can have the wind at its back, once CC 2.0 is released.  Schools may decide to teach using this blockchain instead of bitcoin, especially with the cool high security.  People may give paper wallets (if one is made), to children as a way to help remember a relative who died of a certain disease being researched.  Perhaps there will be a way to charge big pharma, etc. in CC for computing power which is applied to folding one day.

I have seen some interest in this thread by developers, but work was apparently put off, b/c the new code is not finished.  I expect that you will have some audience with developers who want to try your code when it is ready.

So, please try to continue to grind out the work in finishing this bear of a crypto instead of being distracted.  I sincerely believe that it will rise well in value when you do and its features and story has been properly published.  As an accountant I will be glad to provide some suggestions for the UI, but I would envision that as something to go in a later version, unless you strongly disagree.  In order to make it attractive to the layman, please try to implement an easy-to-use interface for things like an optional backup of the wallet data file to a different directory, periodically, or setting up a paper wallet option.  IMO, these are more important to adoption than things like hooking into a lot of different research facilities.  For the common person in a wallet, menus=good, but text=bad (our typing of text is just one more thing that we have to learn about and can mess up, and possibly lose our coins).  Thanks for listening Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000