Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] $100 starbucks for 20$ [btc] or perfectmoney  (Read 6453 times)
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:24:34 PM

Free bump for seller.  FWIW the card I bought last Tuesday (6/30) is still good and has been used numerous (~15) times.  While 1 card doesn't make a good seller so far he's done OK for me.  Of course as always YMMV.  Maybe the SBX card checker dept has been closed for the long weekend.  Cheesy
lockscreen (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:46:39 PM

Free bump for seller.  FWIW the card I bought last Tuesday (6/30) is still good and has been used numerous (~15) times.  While 1 card doesn't make a good seller so far he's done OK for me.  Of course as always YMMV.  Maybe the SBX card checker dept has been closed for the long weekend.  Cheesy
Thank you Smiley
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:40:15 PM

Sandy's vouch got me! I'm in.  PM'ing you now
lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:08:59 AM

Selling $100 starbucks for $20 BTC or perfectmoney
chri521

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:22:14 PM

Sale off today, egift 100$ = $15BTC or perfectmoney

hmm price is almost good enough to bite now. PM'd ya.
Sandy, Fun, others, how are the cards 1 day later?

Update, fast deal with seller. He sent $100 card and I paid after I was able to successfully add card. So far so good.

Quick update, card lasted until this morning when it was zeroed out.  Was able to use only about half of it but was a worthy gamble.
boliu

Activity: 267

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:39:55 PM

question on the Starbuck gift cards? since starbuck offer transfer of funds between cards, once you transfer can it still be voided?

chri521

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:53:50 PM

question on the Starbuck gift cards? since starbuck offer transfer of funds between cards, once you transfer can it still be voided?

yes, as many people can attest transferring funds and buying physical cards does nothing to prevent cards from being voided.
If you transfer funds from card a to card b, and card a gets closed, card b will ALSO be closed.
boliu

Activity: 267

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:57:59 PM

yes, as many people can attest transferring funds and buying physical cards does nothing to prevent cards from being voided.
If you transfer funds from card a to card b, and card a gets closed, card b will ALSO be closed.

Thank you for the info.

lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:15:24 PM

sana9821

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:34:56 PM

why do you sell it so cheap? are they bought with stolen credit cards or what? also would you do escrow?

sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:12:42 PM

Sale off today, egift 100$ = $15BTC or perfectmoney

hmm price is almost good enough to bite now. PM'd ya.
Sandy, Fun, others, how are the cards 1 day later?

Update, fast deal with seller. He sent $100 card and I paid after I was able to successfully add card. So far so good.

Quick update, card lasted until this morning when it was zeroed out.  Was able to use only about half of it but was a worthy gamble.

It seems you have the worst luck.  Sad     
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:23:08 PM

Question - i too have purchased from other sellers here and get zero'd out 50% of the time.  Maybe we can share our current setup just to eliminate any  possible issues that maybe "triggering" sbux to cancel. I can go first:

- iphone running latest sbux version app (maybe i shouldnt be updating?)
- egift codes tend to zero out faster vs email acct logins
- I add card via the app and not online
- i never transfer the new card balance to any existing sbux accts i have

any other tips? should i be turning off location services on my phone? LOL
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:12:05 PM

Question - i too have purchased from other sellers here and get zero'd out 50% of the time.  Maybe we can share our current setup just to eliminate any  possible issues that maybe "triggering" sbux to cancel. I can go first:

- iphone running latest sbux version app (maybe i shouldnt be updating?)
- egift codes tend to zero out faster vs email acct logins
- I add card via the app and not online
- i never transfer the new card balance to any existing sbux accts i have

any other tips? should i be turning off location services on my phone? LOL

It all means absolutely nothing.  It all depends on how and/or where the gift card or account originated (where the SELLER got them). The only thing I have found is if the card had no activity on it previously your odds may be slightly better.  If the card has a lot of previous activity chances are better you'll get shut down than if it didn't.  Ifthery are going to go bad they will whether you transfer them to another card or not. I certainly wouldn't get cards above $100.  I would assumed large amounts added to your account could easily trigger a flag.

Some sellers buy from other sellers who buy from other sellers who buy from a "source."  The more levels of "hand-me-downs" before it gets to you probably makes it worse.  That's probably why SOPHIA was so good because s/he must be the original source of the cards.  The only time I had a problem with Sophia was once when the card had a whole bunch of previous activity.

That is why s/he stopped selling for now. S/he said cards where getting shut down fast. 

All the above is purely conjecture and is based on only my personal experience with purchases of probably 35+ cards over the last year all for personal use.  I'll never sell anything to anyone. I still have a whole bunch of unused cards that are at least 1-8 months old that are still good.

If you wonder how SOME of these cards are obtained this cut&paste is from a New York newspaper from a few days ago.  You can easily find the original article online with a Google search.

"A Brooklyn woman was charged Tuesday with using a fraudulent stolen credit card to purchase gift cards at Home Depot in DeWitt, according to DeWitt Police Chief James Hildmann.
Lleya <I redacted>, 20, of <redacted>, Brooklyn; is charged with purchasing $5,000 worth of gift cards from the Home Depot retail store on Bridge Street in DeWitt using a credit card with a stolen account number on it, DeWitt police said. The credit card xxxxxx used had her name embossed on it, but police said the account number had been stolen from a woman in Texas who didn't know her account had been compromised. xxxxx was charged with second-degree possession of a forged instrument and third-degree grand larceny in connection with the incident, police said. Both are felonies. She was arraigned in the DeWitt court and held at the Justice Center on $20,000 cash or $40,000 bond. "
lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:52:01 AM

Selling $100 starbucks for $20 BTC or perfectmoney  Undecided
lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:09:49 AM

Sale Off. Today i have 5 card 100$ SBUX. 1 card = 15$
lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:48:59 PM

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:36:47 AM

still selling?
nomadcrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:42:27 PM

I am interested in one of these too
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:59:30 AM

Today i have 6 card 100$ for sale. 15$/1 warantee 24 hours

For $15, I would be interested.   Escrow to be provided by either quickseller or MasterP and released within 24 hours(most likely a lot sooner)

lockscreen (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:08:10 AM

Today i have 6 card 100$ for sale. 15$/1 warantee 24 hours

For $15, I would be interested.   Escrow to be provided by either quickseller or MasterP and released within 24 hours(most likely a lot sooner)
I send card first then you send bitcoin, warantee 24 hours , If card die i change card new. Not use escrow
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: