Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Vs Arduino  (Read 1357 times)
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:43:16 PM

What do you think?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:03:32 AM

What do you think?
I would go with Rpi. Arduino is way less documented than Pi is I.e making pi easy to use + pi has a much wider audience.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:43:49 PM

What do you think?
I would go with Rpi. Arduino is way less documented than Pi is I.e making pi easy to use + pi has a much wider audience.

True, but I think that you can use more Hardware available with Arduino.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:48:28 AM

Nice thread of one-liners.

Based on my research for an industrial automation project I recently had to look at.

Arduino
+ More affordable
+ Analog I/O
+ Extremely low power draw; running on batteries seems viable
~ Arduino is really a whole family of products and performance varies widely; the most interesting Arduinos (Uno, Leonardo, Micro, Esplora) are microcontroller-based and cannot run any "widespread" OS.
- Connectivity is usually a bit problematic; restricted on specific models or using specific shields/addons.
- CPU performance typically anemic; no GPU

It is clearly targeted at digital/analog circuits experimentation and prototyping. Extremely good at it.

Raspberry
+ 2(+1) standard products being manufactured AFAIK; the cheaper being microcontroller based is probably not quite a good deal even at 20 bucks
+ very flexible platform, with the most recent versions being able to run a whole OS
+ Considerably more powerful CPU, video decoding (encoding?) ASICs, I have been told the GPU is quite powerful (but no idea on shader model etc)
+ Ethernet, USB, HDMI, composite video
~ Nice addons (HATs); mostly cosmetic though
~ Heat spreaders are optional; I'm not sold on the idea of running it at load without them
- As far as I can tell, no analog I/O, needs an HAT.
- A board, a case, an hat, PSU and maybe an SD card and you'll be quickly over 100 bucks.

Raspberry (2) is much closer to a fully featured computer and "average joe" problems. The digital functionalities allows it to take a stab at some of Arduino problems but it's a whole different thing at its core.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:23:55 PM

Nice thread of one-liners.

Based on my research for an industrial automation project I recently had to look at.

Arduino
+ More affordable
+ Analog I/O
+ Extremely low power draw; running on batteries seems viable
~ Arduino is really a whole family of products and performance varies widely; the most interesting Arduinos (Uno, Leonardo, Micro, Esplora) are microcontroller-based and cannot run any "widespread" OS.
- Connectivity is usually a bit problematic; restricted on specific models or using specific shields/addons.
- CPU performance typically anemic; no GPU

It is clearly targeted at . Extremely good at it.

Raspberry
+ 2(+1) standard products being manufactured AFAIK; the cheaper being microcontroller based is probably not quite a good deal even at 20 bucks
+ very flexible platform, with the most recent versions being able to run a whole OS
+ Considerably more powerful CPU, video decoding (encoding?) ASICs, I have been told the GPU is quite powerful (but no idea on shader model etc)
+ Ethernet, USB, HDMI, composite video
~ Nice addons (HATs); mostly cosmetic though
~ Heat spreaders are optional; I'm not sold on the idea of running it at load without them
- As far as I can tell, no analog I/O, needs an HAT.
- A board, a case, an hat, PSU and maybe an SD card and you'll be quickly over 100 bucks.

Raspberry (2) is much closer to a fully featured computer and "average joe" problems. The digital functionalities allows it to take a stab at some of Arduino problems but it's a whole different thing at its core.

Interesting,

In other words, If you are interested on digital/analog circuits experimentation and prototyping Arduino look be  solution,If you want use it how a little computer Raspberry Pi is another solution,by the way, I heard that Pi will be supported for Windows 10.But thing is in how many time some  Arduino specific setup  could run some aplicattions that Pi, or run OS`s.
GiocareHost

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:17:48 PM

Arduino for sure.You can mine out of it!!
Arduino is very flexible and you can use it for many purposes.It's best suited for hardware purposes.Adruino is very simple and easy to code.
In Raspberry need a separate OS to make it run!!
I have never worked on Raspberry,so I don't know much about it.
But Raspberry pie has its own advantages.Raspberry pi is much faster than Adruino
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:38:32 AM

Arduino is very flexible and you can use it for many purposes.It's best suited for hardware purposes.Adruino is very simple and easy to code.
But Raspberry pie has its own advantages.Raspberry pi is much faster than Adruino
Mine? It doesn't even have a GPU, so that you can mine some alt. A CPU (almost as GPU) is useless for mining purpose and makes it no better for mining.
appleannie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:16:15 PM

I have changed out my project from a graded assignment to a personal one. You say I can mine with my Adruino. Do you have a code that you would recommend for putting into my board? I have my board sitting here and I am just looking for the correct code to put in it. What is your hash?
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:32:24 AM

MaxDZ8 provides a load of valid points, I have used both for various things including being Mining Controllers, I have had some trouble with RPi USB ports in the past, although it is still my preferred device of choice because of the widely available resources behind it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: