Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:57:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My account masterzino is hacked  (Read 1369 times)
masterzino1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:58:37 PM

My account masterzino is hacked. What I can do to recover it.
Account profile link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=406304

It is active and participating in a sig campaign , last online today.

I took a loan from jorjito25 in February
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=947015.msg10399833#msg10399833

Archive link to the thread https://archive.is/y8LP5

I signed that address in case it can help to recover my account

https://brainwallet.org/#verify?vrAddr=1BGmWPtinQ6EXJXredrz8S8rjagUymGYKc&vrMsg=This%20is%20address%20I%20used%20to%20loan%20from%20jorjito25.%20Account%20masterzino%20is%20hacked.%20Tue%2C%2030%20Jun%202015%2023%3A39%3A18%20%2B0100&vrSig=G6UbExKhBpOkYT7H6mB9q1eckJkTYqO82YXkS7vQ0IMh%2FAW0h5t27ExjurIgN%2BntcDhCjaov1noy7CDZZuwrUeQ%3D

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is address I used to loan from jorjito25. Account masterzino is hacked. Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:39:18 +0100
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1BGmWPtinQ6EXJXredrz8S8rjagUymGYKc
G6UbExKhBpOkYT7H6mB9q1eckJkTYqO82YXkS7vQ0IMh/AW0h5t27ExjurIgN+ntcDhCjaov1noy7CDZZuwrUeQ=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

SHA256 hash of previous password which I used before it is stolen
e306c3a2cc5d97c00cf050c07696b11ee6c9facd0ba6211bc995d171b9c89eee

First post after account is stolen was on 02 June to enroll in signature campaign , my last post posted at 17th May
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074144.msg11510305#msg11510305

What other info is needed to recover my account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:08:23 PM

My account masterzino is hacked. What I can do to recover it.
Account profile link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=406304

It is active and participating in a sig campaign , last online today.

I took a loan from jorjito25 in February
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=947015.msg10399833#msg10399833

Archive link to the thread https://archive.is/y8LP5

I signed that address in case it can help to recover my account

permlink

This is address I used to loan from jorjito25. Account masterzino is hacked. Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:39:18 +0100
G6UbExKhBpOkYT7H6mB9q1eckJkTYqO82YXkS7vQ0IMh/AW0h5t27ExjurIgN+ntcDhCjaov1noy7CDZZuwrUeQ=

SHA256 hash of previous password which I used before it is stolen
e306c3a2cc5d97c00cf050c07696b11ee6c9facd0ba6211bc995d171b9c89eee

First post after account is stolen was on 02 June to enroll in signature campaign , my last post posted at 17th May
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074144.msg11510305#msg11510305

What other info is needed to recover my account?
Verified signature.

You should follow the instructions in this thread.

It has been almost a month since your account was allegedly hacked. Is there is reason why you waited this long to attempt to recover it?
masterzino1 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:59:32 PM

Forum was off few days in may when I was active. Tried later few times to log in unsuccessful and was thinking that I forgot password today I checked profile and it is very active since it is stolen
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 11:13:59 PM

Redo your signed message to follow the format/information needed in the thread QS linked.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
masterzino1 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:51:16 PM

Redo your signed message to follow the format/information needed in the thread QS linked.

My account has been hacked. Please reset email to masterzino@yandex.com. Today date is July 1. 2015
G7xVH1BQCfK/JWCiSd28e6FinKr/U0h++R+2Y270smegG+8JEcsrSrD/K6dumJVb/7a3h1NjPCBMRk8kOjxCkps=

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:34:01 AM

This is masterzino. Account has ben recovered. 7/1/2015
HAIiadmVu82nC4cjR8JUzyzx06ALKbcd2dX3Nzy9t1zIBarMoNUntQhDs0AcQjN8S2VWtuyFY07d2cn mx69SvG8=

Crypto Junkie

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:30:13 AM

I bought this account on June 2, im a newb and didn't get a signed message from the owner. I'm guessing he decided to take advantage and claim the account was hacked to get it back (and probably sell again). Guess there's nothing i can do?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 01:37:18 AM

I bought this account on June 2, im a newb and didn't get a signed message from the owner. I'm guessing he decided to take advantage and claim the account was hacked to get it back (and probably sell again). Guess there's nothing i can do?

Or it got hacked and you bought it from the person who stole it, or you hacked the account yourself, etc.

There's no indication it was sold from my end, I did look. If you can prove your claim he may get negative feedback. I won't recover accounts if I think it was sold, but the burden is on the buyer, buyer beware.

Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:38:08 AM

if you bought this account, can you pls use the account you used when dealing with him or with the user who sold you masterzino account? and maybe showing your PM's with that user can help you with your problem
Crypto Junkie

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:50:21 AM

i'd say 50/50 chance the account was hacked before he sold me it, it's my fault for not getting a signed message. Not sure what indications that it was sold you looked for but you're the detective here. Here's the guy that sold me it:

http://puu.sh/iIWC9/e6aec4b387.png
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:52:17 AM

i'd say 50/50 chance the account was hacked before he sold me it, it's my fault for not getting a signed message. Not sure what indications you looked for but you're the detective here. Here's the guy that sold me it:

looks legit for me. ill send a PM to Master-P so he can confirm if you use him to be the escrow and if he checked the seclog while the deal is ongoing
brunoshady

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Dubs Get

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:01:29 AM

yes, I can confirm that is a hacker, he also sold me this account, it was then discovered by quickseller that this account has negative rep because it was hacked, flood neg rep in his direction

😆
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:09:34 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 04:22:42 AM by Quickseller

i'd say 50/50 chance the account was hacked before he sold me it, it's my fault for not getting a signed message. Not sure what indications that it was sold you looked for but you're the detective here. Here's the guy that sold me it:

Can you prove ownership by a signed message from an address, because that's what a handful of users are going to ask you  Grin.

Yes I can sign from an old address.
Since that seller was advertising that he was able to provide a signed message from an old address, why don't you post the signed message that you received that transferred ownership to you?

If you can provide such signed message within 24 hours then I will leave my ratings that I have left the account (assuming you are unable to get the account back), otherwise the ratings indicating the account has been hacked will be removed.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 04:37:40 AM

I can confirm that I did indeed escrow for the two users: Sold Sold (the seller) and Crypto Junkie (the buyer) on June 2

While I did escrow the transaction I was not given the opportunity to secure the account on my end. Checking my inbox, I never received the account details or the identity of the account. I was only asked to secure the BTC and the account was delivered to buyer directly from seller. I only held the BTC until buyer was satisfied where I released the BTC to seller.

I can provide more details/proof on my end if needed.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:32:55 AM

I can confirm that I did indeed escrow for the two users: Sold Sold (the seller) and Crypto Junkie (the buyer) on June 2

While I did escrow the transaction I was not given the opportunity to secure the account on my end. Checking my inbox, I never received the account details or the identity of the account. I was only asked to secure the BTC and the account was delivered to buyer directly from seller. I only held the BTC until buyer was satisfied where I released the BTC to seller.

I can provide more details/proof on my end if needed.

If you're going to escrow account sales, especially for new users who don't know any better, you should help them do it properly.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:42:22 AM

If you're going to escrow account sales, especially for new users who don't know any better, you should help them do it properly.

Agreed, I could have handled this better to possibly prevent the account from being sold by the hacker. I'll no longer escrow account sales where I do not first secure and inspect the account first. My previous view on the matter was that I know some (albiet few) people, especially when it comes to account trading, are paranoid about having the identity of the account released to escrow. So based on that I assume the lack of details provided to me were because they rather not disclose the identity to me, and I respected that.

I believe I am definitely at some fault here for not offering/insisting on securing the account from the buyer. The PMs exchanged between the buyer,seller, and myself were very brief only describing the account rank and activity level as well as trust ratings. I'll definitely do things more securely in the future to help better protect both parties of the transaction since there is such a huge influx of hacked accounts being sold as of late.

I apologize to OP for not being able to catch this at the time of the transaction. Having escrowed so many account sales in the recent months since I started my service, I definitely should have known better. If the account bought by the user "Crypto Junkie" is revoked and given back the it's original owner then I'll be happy to compensate the 0.071 BTC back to him out of my own wallet since this is something I possibly could've prevented as escrow.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Crypto Junkie

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:53:33 AM

Agreed, I could have handled this better to possibly prevent the account from being sold by the hacker. I'll no longer escrow account sales where I do not first secure and inspect the account first. My previous view on the matter was that I know some (albiet few) people, especially when it comes to account trading, are paranoid about having the identity of the account released to escrow. So based on that I assume the lack of details provided to me were because they rather not disclose the identity to me, and I respected that.

I believe I am definitely at some fault here for not offering/insisting on securing the account from the buyer. The PMs exchanged between the buyer,seller, and myself were very brief only describing the account rank and activity level as well as trust ratings. I'll definitely do things more securely in the future to help better protect both parties of the transaction since there is such a huge influx of hacked accounts being sold as of late.

I apologize to OP for not being able to catch this at the time of the transaction. Having escrowed so many account sales in the recent months since I started my service, I definitely should have known better. If the account bought by the user "Crypto Junkie" is revoked and given back the it's original owner then I'll be happy to compensate the 0.071 BTC back to him out of my own wallet since this is something I possibly could've prevented as escrow.

no worries about compensating the .071 btc, it's a very small hit to take and at the end of the day it was my fault. If the account was sold to me by a hacker i'm glad the original owner got access back. I appreciate the time everyone has spent on this ordeal.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:56:02 AM

I apologize to OP for not being able to catch this at the time of the transaction. Having escrowed so many account sales in the recent months since I started my service, I definitely should have known better. If the account bought by the user "Crypto Junkie" is revoked and given back the it's original owner then I'll be happy to compensate the 0.071 BTC back to him out of my own wallet.
Even if you secure the account prior to giving the credentials to the buyer, that would not protect him from the account being hacked. Although it is 100% necessary to have the credentials be sent directly to you for you to change prior to forwarding to the buyer in order to prevent any kind of dispute that the credentials sent to the buyer do not work, ect. (there would be nothing to stop a seller from providing a password that does not actually belong to the account).

In regards to getting a signed message, you should always make this the default setting when drafting an escrow agreement. If the buyer says that one will not be provided then a warning should be provided that this is not a good idea, and the risk that the account is hacked. If they insist on proceeding without a signed message after receiving such warnings, then it is not your position to stop them from making a bad decision, however you should make it very clear that you are recommending not buying the account without a signed message. The majority of the time the buyer will either insist of receiving such a signed message or will decide not to buy if the seller is not able to provide one after being notified of such risks.

I have had a number of deals end up falling through recently because the buyer was not aware of such risks of buying accounts without a signed message. In other cases, even the seller did not know the importance of providing such a signed message and ended up providing one when the buyer was made aware of the risks not having one.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:45:28 AM

Just left the seller a negative feedback on selling hacked account. However since I'm not in the default trust, I'll remove the feedback once a trusted member give him a negative trust.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: