Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:42:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 3381 times)
PPoweredP (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:08:19 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 11:44:23 PM by PPoweredP

n/a
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:04:28 AM

I met all the requirements to list my IPO PPP on the GLBSE and even contacted Nefario prior to the listing to make sure it would be ok. He took my 8BTC and refused to list my IPO. He is now refusing to credit my GLBSE account. This is all due to me not waiting another 3 days to pay his new higher listing fees. I want to see him with a scammer tag if my 8BTC is not refunded as promised by Nefario via pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110242.msg1202947#msg1202947

Post evidence, such as email communications and private messages.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:47:36 AM

I thought you said he was going to refund the 8btc or am I mistaken ?

nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:54:29 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2012, 06:13:42 AM by nedbert9

I'm making these comments without full disclosure of the facts surrounding the issue.  If it comes to light that there was no reason, contrary to what the user has stated, for the user to think his business would receive serious review without providing supporting documentation then I should retract my statements.

The quotes are extracts from the GLBSE Fee thread following a post by OP regarding this complaint.

PPoweredP - You seem a little too miffed considering it was my BTC along with others that was lost.

Irrelevant to the point in question.  The amount lost, and who's money, while relatively small is not the most cause for concern in this case.

Did Nefario lead a user to believe he had some chance to be approved, accept the fee, while the user would certainly be turned down for not providing full documentation.

It's Nefario's site, his rules.

Site ToS does not limit community consequences if the site operator is being an indifferent prick and not conducting a transaction in good faith by properly setting expectations.
Like I said at the start the facts remain to be seen.

Higher profile figures in Bitcoin should be held to a higher standard.  The issue the OP has brought to our attention deserves scrutiny.

Like I've said before about certain sites, ToS doesn't mean this is the wild west where anything goes.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 06:26:08 AM

PPoweredP has already started making threats to me in PM's, despite me telling him that I would refund the 8BTC.

RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:51:13 AM

Fee
You will be charged 8.0BTC to create this security, this charge is not refundable.

Per this wording did GLBSE create this security? I think this needs to be changed to say if GLBSE doesn't approve your security this charge is not refundable.
Lethos

Activity: 476

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 07:28:54 AM

You've basically admitted the reason behind why legitimately he rejected it.
It wasn't so much your IPO asset he reject, it was you. You refused to fully verify yourself; when creating an asset that is needed.
Stop with the butthurt and realise you don't get special exception just because you talked to the owner first.
You were aware of the rules, he shouldn't need to remind you of something you already know. You can't turn around and blame him for not double double checking and reminding you, knowing he'll reject it based on something you already know is a reason to reject it.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:03:40 PM

Is it really scamming "you" when all the funds came from your begging to help you set up your scam in the first place?
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:12:06 AM

How about you take your wounded little attitude and get back to class? Nobody gives two shits about what you agree or disagree with. Nefario will attend to you in due time, and sad to report, the universe does not revolve around you. And try some other world for your little class project, I think you bit off way more that you thought in this world, and you are quire clearly not intellectually mature enough to participate here.
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:20:47 AM

I use GLBSE n a very regular basis, and I have never had an issue with the site or Nefario (minus a few site tech difficulties caused by my own stupidity). If Nefario is a scammer, I'm the Pope.

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
vampire

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:17:35 AM

Fee
You will be charged 8.0BTC to create this security, this charge is not refundable.

Per this wording did GLBSE create this security? I think this needs to be changed to say if GLBSE doesn't approve your security this charge is not refundable.

I agree. The security was not created. Refund or scammer tag.

You gonna get scammer tagged first. Get lost.
WITRcenter

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

W Investment Technology Research Center

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:56:51 PM

I just feel curious about Nefario. He takes action very slow.

His GLBSE must be very profitable these days. He doesn't need to scamming 8 BTC or eat his words for 8 BTC.

Nefario is responding to people quite slow recently. He has not reply my email and PM for the requesting to return my 8BTC for days until now. As discussed in the previous post, before the change of fee structure, GLBSE did not state that the fee is for application. It is for listing. And Nefario has agreed to repay the 8 BTC back. ( He has not reply to me, however.)  But he just did not take an action.

WIT-2, a new equity investment opportunity offered by W Investment Technology Research Center.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=132035.msg1414857#msg1414857
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:17:03 PM

Nefario has historically been very, very slow at responses. It took him three months to recover from a car accident and move from China to the UK, during which time his communication was abysmal. However, I think most here will agree he is a man of his word, and if he told you that you will be refunded, then you will be refunded.

Probably not in the ten second turnaround time frame that most whiners want, but you will be refunded. Since you, and the Butthurt Schoolboy, are both such sticklers for the letter of the agreement... please note there is no time frame offered on the application for when you might be paid back. Be glad he said you will get it back, now wait patiently, you are amongst the lowest of priorities for the man, and nobody has a reason to bump you to the front of the line.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 12:24:25 AM

Fee

I agree. The security was not created. Refund or scammer tag.

Theres plenty of other exchanges out there such as cryptostocks or even move to litecoin and use litecoinglobal both of which have far less stringent verification requirements. Most of the rules at glbse exist for a good reason.

WITRcenter

Activity: 88

W Investment Technology Research Center

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:02:32 PM

Nefario, please return my 8BTC to me.

WIT-2, a new equity investment opportunity offered by W Investment Technology Research Center.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=132035.msg1414857#msg1414857
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

After reading the other post, I am glad he took he did not allow you to post you sec listing. Seems he was being quite fair with you, and you wanted to raise a stink. He is a known member of this community and I have had nothing but good dealings with his staff, from password problems to security listings Adam was a great help. So why should we take your word with no proof VS A standing community member with something to lose?

CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:47:40 PM

That 'known in community' line doesn't fly anymore..
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:59:30 PM

Exactly everyone in the community should be looked at like an equal, and scam accusation should be serious if it is a newbie, or satoshi. No one should be safe until they are proven innocent.
Wow that's a reverse logic. Normally everyone is innocent until proven guilt but apparently not in Bitcoin land here everyone is a crook until they are proven not to be...
this community...
//DeaDTerra
Ocean6

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 06:03:17 PM

I use GLBSE n a very regular basis, and I have never had an issue with the site or Nefario (minus a few site tech difficulties caused by my own stupidity). If Nefario is a scammer, I'm the Pope.

How many BTC for complete, and everlasting Absolution?

Life is What you Make it!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 06:04:28 PM

Exactly everyone in the community should be looked at like an equal, and scam accusation should be serious if it is a newbie, or satoshi. No one should be safe until they are proven innocent.
Wow that's a reverse logic. Normally everyone is innocent until proven guilt but apparently not in Bitcoin land here everyone is a crook until they are proven not to be...
this community...
//DeaDTerra

did you read the contract?? ? ?? ?? ?? dumbass sweed

Did you read it? Apparently he still owns him 1 btc maybe not the full 8 btcs but he ows 1 and that is enough for a scammer tag.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: