Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tsipras leaked letter  (Read 892 times)
eerygarden (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:14:27 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 11:26:35 AM by eerygarden

I think this leaked letter is responsible for the current down trend in the BTC price.
Perhaps it seems a deal will be struck, but I don't expect for the referendum to be pulled away from the Greek people now. Whether it's results will be true and fair or not I don't think we will ever be able to tell but they can never undo the fact that capital controls were put in place.

All in all, still quite a positive for bitcoin.

Edit: There is a 2nd image to this letter
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:00:08 PM

Tsipras came up to television 2 days ago saying to the Greek people that they will must vote "NO" and that if a "YES" wins then he will leave because he doesn't want to be an humiliated leader. Im assuming he will not cancel the referendum at this point and stay loyal to his truth, otherwise he will come up as a huge pussy, nobody would respect him anymore.
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:13:28 PM

Democracy on one side, banks on the other. One way or another he was always going to fold.

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
eerygarden (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:23:03 PM

This letter does make him appear weak doesn't it? I listened to the translation of the TV appearance he did yesterday and I was impressed. In it he was saying that the illusion of Europe is too great and the cost of kicking Greece out would be immense. I thought to myself that there was a bit too much truth there for a politician. It made me sit back briefly any how.

I can't link directly to the video but it can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33322754
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:46:47 PM

If there was a need of a proof that Greece is a BS country, you'll find all you want in this letter.

Regarding pensions, he talks about the 2010 reform. The country made an important reform in 2010, and 5 years later, you know what, it isn't fully implemented yet! Then, there was another reform in 2012, and he wants to postpone it...

In a normal country, or a company, a decision is taken, then there are acts, and we move forward. If Greece is stuck in the first stage, it's going to destroy itself.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:14:28 PM

greece capitulates to the jews

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:14:19 PM

This letter does make him appear weak doesn't it? I listened to the translation of the TV appearance he did yesterday and I was impressed. In it he was saying that the illusion of Europe is too great and the cost of kicking Greece out would be immense. I thought to myself that there was a bit too much truth there for a politician. It made me sit back briefly any how.

I can't link directly to the video but it can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33322754

Tsipras is either a puppet of a bigger hand, or he's scared shitless and has given up even if it means certainly being humiliated by the Troika. If the Yes wins, the current government has 0 legitimacy.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:50:12 PM

greece capitulates to the jews

What? Sorry, but you can't say that. There's no data about a substantial part of the Greek debt being to Israel, or to a Jewish bank. Actually, I believe the Jewish bankers have been smarter than the Europeans, they never agreed to a loan with the Greeks.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:37:14 PM

Tsipras came up to television 2 days ago saying to the Greek people that they will must vote "NO" and that if a "YES" wins then he will leave because he doesn't want to be an humiliated leader. Im assuming he will not cancel the referendum at this point and stay loyal to his truth, otherwise he will come up as a huge pussy, nobody would respect him anymore.

He has already agreed on basically all of the austerity measures as leaked on that letter, except only 3 small details, but that's it, he either goes to the end and leaves, or he will have failed to stay loyal to his own words, losing the trust from his voters.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:50:22 AM

i don't think that a single letter can have anything to do with the bitcoin stagnation, bitcoin stagnation is a combinations of many thing, and especially the last great ATH

things that appear in the fiat world, can't touch bitcoin too much, only those that are holding bitcoin the most can
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:53:30 PM

Don't worry everyone. Greece's game theory expert Varoufakis is handling things along with Statesman Tsipras.

The only smart thing this clown show did was move their Euro's offshore. I wonder how that will play once the average Greek realizes the guys that drove the economy over a cliff have their savings tucked away in London.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:34:55 PM

Don't worry everyone. Greece's game theory expert Varoufakis is handling things along with Statesman Tsipras.

The only smart thing this clown show did was move their Euro's offshore. I wonder how that will play once the average Greek realizes the guys that drove the economy over a cliff have their savings tucked away in London.

Didn't know anything about that. Would you have a link to confirm this info? If true, it's big, but it's only part of the problem. The bigger issue is that Tsipras and Vafourakis have their brains in some fantasy land where everything's free, with foreigners saying thank you when you steal them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: