Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 03:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to move fiat? I hate Dwolla.  (Read 1188 times)
Melbustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:23:27 AM

I hate Dwolla. Their transfers are slow. Their support sucks. Their website is buggy. And they're asking for a truly irritating level of personal information and scanned documents all of a sudden, despite the fact that I've been using them for over a year without changing any of my financial info... Not that I have anything to hide - it's just annoying and offensive.

Better way to move fiat from a US bank account to an exchange??

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:29:38 AM

The answer is Dwolla.

If you are using Bitcoin for legitimate purposes, Dwolla is still your cheapest option, even with all the delays. If money is no object, I would recommend BitInstant or any of the other providers.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:36:18 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 09:46:14 PM by Stephen Gornick

Better way to move fiat from a US bank account to an exchange??

BitFloor was a nice alternative, ... they're gone [Upate: they're back].

Camp BX will accept a personal check, but if you thought Dwolla was slow, mailing a check will definitely take longer.

But for $500 or larger, you can use Bitcoins Direct and deposit cash at a bank (any B of A, PNC Bank, or Wells Fargo branch).  You can also use funds from OKPay which you can transfer from your bank but if you didn't like Dwolla's AML/KYC I doubt OKPay's will be any different.

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of options:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

teamhugs

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:29:29 PM

dwolla started to see a flood of suspected drug cartel mules and operants using their service for money transfers. It's likely US law enforcement came knocking a few times and helped educated dwolla on AML/KYC, especially after they got their venture funding. I imagine some venture fund lawyer freaked out and started demanding these rules as well to help protect their investment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: