Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:24:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin... What's the point of it? Are you all deluded?!!  (Read 2288 times)
princessdiana (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim... 21m cap, 40m cap, 100bn cap it doesnt matter you canth trust humanz to make this work... where as the dollar is backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government.

You're better off investing in gold/silver/property market etc something that exists in the real world you'll lose all your money.

This GavinXT vs BitCore is pure agenda... Peter Todd is a fool that speaks in cryptics and riddles and I have to turn the volume up to hear his estrogenal voice and simply suggests what I could make out that nothing should be done to scale Bitcoin with user adoption.

Silly billies half of the users here are addicted to Bitcoin thinking they'll be rich in a couple of years.... NEWSFLASH you should've bought in the 09-12 mark its not going to happen again they've basically flogged those worthless "bits" to all you mugs that buy around $200-$1000!!!!! for a few pixelz on u screen.

Sure you can trade here and there but it ith not sustainable eny hoo can just dump the markat to 1$ again those 10,000 - 1,000,000 hoarders are gonna dump soon before its too late its snot a currency its gam gam gamblers paradise the reason all the big boys haven't put much VC in becoz they know this is crap they don't hath to because they OWN REAL ASSETS and 1mil VC in bitcoin is peanuts for them....

G E T  I T  I N  T O  Y O U R  H E A D S  T H I S  I S N T  G O I N G  T O  H A P P E N  I T S  S H E E P L E  M O N E Y
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:00:50 PM

Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim... 21m cap, 40m cap, 100bn cap it doesnt matter you canth trust humanz to make this work... where as the dollar is backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government.

You're better off investing in gold/silver/property market etc something that exists in the real world you'll lose all your money.

This GavinXT vs BitCore is pure agenda... Peter Todd is a fool that speaks in cryptics and riddles and I have to turn the volume up to hear his estrogenal voice and simply suggests what I could make out that nothing should be done to scale Bitcoin with user adoption.

Silly billies half of the users here are addicted to Bitcoin thinking they'll be rich in a couple of years.... NEWSFLASH you should've bought in the 09-12 mark its not going to happen again they've basically flogged those worthless "bits" to all you mugs that buy around $200-$1000!!!!! for a few pixelz on u screen.

Sure you can trade here and there but it ith not sustainable eny hoo can just dump the markat to 1$ again those 10,000 - 1,000,000 hoarders are gonna dump soon before its too late its snot a currency its gam gam gamblers paradise the reason all the big boys haven't put much VC in becoz they know this is crap they don't hath to because they OWN REAL ASSETS and 1mil VC in bitcoin is peanuts for them....

G E T  I T  I N  T O  Y O U R  H E A D S  T H I S  I S N T  G O I N G  T O  H A P P E N  I T S  S H E E P L E  M O N E Y

Did you make an account just to say that
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:04:12 PM

I don't tell you what to do with your money so do not tell me what to do with mine, nuff said.....
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:13:17 PM

I read your first 2 paragraphs and couldn't get any further.  I must say that you are one of the most ill informed people I have ever encountered.  Please do some research on bitcoin and fiat currency and how it works before spouting nonsense left and right.

Seriously sir, you are just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Here are a few points...
No bitcoin is not backed by anything, but neither is the U.S. dollar.
It cannot be changed on a whim, you need the consensus of everyone using it to do that.  i.e. no one person can blindly change whatever they want (it is even being proven that the main developer can't do that).
You can't trust humans to make this work but you can trust them with fiat currency to make that work?  Your argument here is nonsense.
The U.S. dollar is not backed by taxes, labour (did you mean labor?).  I honestly don't even know how to respond to this point because your notion doesn't make any sense and is absurd to begin with.

Those are just points about your first paragraph, I don't care to read the rest since it is nonsense.  Please educate yourself a little more before spouting crap.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
princessdiana (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:13:38 PM

in b4 "bitcoin is backed by math"
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:40:43 PM

I thought you died in a tunnel car wreck fucking troll.

There's stuff wrong with Bitcoin but it can all be fixed and you didn't mention any of them. Go smoke a turd.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:52:18 PM

you should be telling the greece people this, when the government turns on its people having the banks limited their withdraw funds per day with no out site transactions to move their money it would be fun to have you look at and say omg why!!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:57:13 PM

Looks like somebody sold at $220.  Cheesy

Hey OP, here is a pro-tip for you. Try spreading FUD during a downtrend.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 06:01:06 PM

Looks like somebody sold at $220.  Cheesy

Good one  Grin
princessdiana (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:06:03 PM

Silly billies think they can survive without government.  I tell youth nowth if the US government vanished today no one would know wot to do there would be anarchy everywhere the currency of choice wouldn't be shitcoins it would be guns, ammoz, foodz and waterz there would be no big mac, no KFC, no walmart YOU NEED GOVERNMENT to look after you the elites have done an ok job its not perfect no ones perfect... you've all been watching too much of Alex Jones n Max Keiser n RTs propaganda machine

its a fact... us sheeple need to be looked after we are no match against the horrors of this world and youth think that shitcoin can solve the debt crisis?Huh!!!!!! you think bitcoin can solve the entiorrr worlds GDP using a few pixelz DONT MAKE ME LAUGHo ho

consumers aren't interested in this fake shit and neither am i soon ill be owning my second house which will pay my bills then i can earn big time

i just can't believe that silly sod sold his house for wot was it 600 something btc then again maybe he's already loaded and that means peanuts to him but youth pepil need to be careful newbies should not invest bitcoin invest something that exists in the real world
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

Come on let it all out, if you when all in and sold low just because you can't handle the bitcoin world is fine, it happens! some people are smarter and others just give up pretty easy.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

"Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim... 21m cap, 40m cap, 100bn cap it doesnt matter you canth trust humanz to make this work... where as the dollar is backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government."

The value of currencies backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government can crash to near zero and have many times.

How do you know? I've made thousands off bitcoin.

"This GavinXT vs BitCore is pure agenda... Peter Todd is a fool that speaks in cryptics and riddles and I have to turn the volume up to hear his estrogenal voice and simply suggests what I could make out that nothing should be done to scale Bitcoin with user adoption."

Don't be snide you scumbag.

"Silly billies half of the users here are addicted to Bitcoin thinking they'll be rich in a couple of years.... NEWSFLASH you should've bought in the 09-12 mark its not going to happen again they've basically flogged those worthless "bits" to all you mugs that buy around $200-$1000!!!!! for a few pixelz on u screen."

I bought in the 1-2 mark.

"Sure you can trade here and there but it ith not sustainable eny hoo can just dump the markat to 1$ again those 10,000 - 1,000,000 hoarders are gonna dump soon before its too late its snot a currency its gam gam gamblers paradise the reason all the big boys haven't put much VC in becoz they know this is crap they don't hath to because they OWN REAL ASSETS and 1mil VC in bitcoin is peanuts for them.... "

Venture capitalists have put a lot in. The market capitalization of bitcoin is over 3 billion.

In short, if you don't believe in bitcoin, then don't have anything to do with it. Nobody is forcing you.

jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:30:07 PM

Ok so this is a common ignorance with currencies.  Dollars are only valuable because we all agree they are.  They are backed by nothing.  But you mention gold right?  What about that, why is it worth anything?  Only because we agree that it is.  Tomorrow we could all agree that rocks are valuable, then start buying things with those. 

It really is that simple.  You can find really complicated academic papers on it if you want, but it only comes down to what we all collectively agree.  We collectively agree that bitcoins are worth ~255$ at this minute, and so they are.  Everything else, like the technology, is secondary to this simple fact.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:33:10 PM

Lol so a first time poster has extensive bitcoin knowledge.  Knows about XT and the devs?  Whats your main account?
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:35:14 PM

I'll do your second post as well

"Silly billies think they can survive without government." 

I believe that their should be a government.

"I tell youth nowth if the US government vanished today no one would know wot to do there would be anarchy everywhere"

Nope. Washington is not the center of the Universe.

"the currency of choice wouldn't be shitcoins it would be guns, ammoz, foodz and waterz"

Or the currencies that other countries already use. Sorry, currensiez.

"there would be no big mac,"

Good

"no KFC"

Good

"no walmart"

Good

"YOU NEED GOVERNMENT

I don't just need government I want to have a government. "

"to look after you the elites have done an ok job its not perfect no ones perfect"

You don't say

"... you've all been watching too much of Alex Jones n Max Keiser n RTs propaganda machine"

Have I?

"its a fact... us sheeple need to be looked after"

Having read your posts I don't necessarily disagree.

"we are no match against the horrors of this world and youth think that shitcoin can solve the debt crisis?Huh!!!!!!"

Bit of a strawman

"you think bitcoin can solve the entiorrr worlds GDP using a few pixelz DONT MAKE ME LAUGHo ho"

Again, bit of a strawman argument.

"consumers aren't interested in this fake shit"

Then why does it have a market capitalization of 3bn having only been out since 2009?

"and neither am i soon ill be owning my second house which will pay my bills then i can earn big time"

How? Rent? How is that earning big time?

"i just can't believe that silly sod sold his house for wot was it 600 something btc then again maybe he's already loaded and that means peanuts to him but youth pepil need to be careful newbies should not invest bitcoin invest something that exists in the real world"

Are you sharing you wisdom with the young folk? Must think quite a bit of yourself.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:37:38 PM

Wooh another useless FUD. Have you sold during the $220-$230 range? Cheesy Also, why the hell would you dictate me to do what I want on my money when it is basically my money? You shouldn't tell us what to do. And for all the newbies who are reading this post, see how far we've come before you listen to this FUD. Fiat is backed by corrupt politicians that wants to gain total control over you, whereas bitcoin is controlled by a decentralized network of miners relaying information and validating transactions all over the bitcoin network to display those transactions and be transparent to the public as possible. Let me ask you, how many times does the government been transparent to its people? Huh
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:09:28 PM

hey hey wait, are you from the government? it is possible that there are gov guys here among us, that are preventing bitcoin in any way from rising, by spreading unnecessary fud?

because there is too much fud lately, to be connected only to random users that sold low, and bought high, there must be another reason

btw printing money out of thin air, is the equivalent of having something which has no back up, taxes are one the way the Gov has to retrieve those money without back up, to print less toilet paper, remember this next time you will use a visa/mastercard
Mr.WEO

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:17:24 PM

some believe, some dont..

dont want your coins. here a place to dump em...   Grin

ZiftrCoin:
ZaZZAdR1m3RQEsM12mMd4Axig8z5RBZBJz
BitCoin:
1CMuB986N4N4WnjizJoMJ5trmLPcAsudd8
OrbitCoin:
oaN3cTNU7CLrQvt3SfwrHjD4m8GLCQGCnc
BitCoinDark:
RXZ8BJGy3RrygGD3ZTb1SG36GrWndzF7tR
CannibasCoin:
CRMqo8BHpBPf6ECXPWd9iyKRTCsCYbAQ2j
LiteCoin:
LN35ft3jyd5YepGZdDdrSKgXD7FPMAZJnx
LiteCoinDark:
LhRdAVzg3c69vS5hdJkXfATP3Bc2gvXWgW
DASH/DarkCoin:
Xst9q2zPVcnLw8UuGCqfKPSqegrfff7jEv
DogeCoin:
DN6VKaqd3r3a37iMPkvVfp1nkuXfkwM62f
DogeCoinDark:
D8PREa1VoJ56JxHhD5EnkSp6F1FEjfFsae
StealthCoin:
S6MJydZrzBcb4LLGVunDsTecpTMJNALvWY
Unobtanium:
uRs2C7wRvyB5yxF9kCAUp6sBvX52AyAvur
VertCoin:
VoA4NEPcir8nbxA9raCtkiWiZDipWW9JLc

and if you have some that i didnt list, let me know... surely i can come up with an address for you to get rid of your 'worthless' cryptos..

thanks in advance!

Mr.WEO
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:25:18 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 07:43:43 PM by Snorek

It is funny whenever I see that someone brings up something like: "Bitcoins are worthless because they aren't backed by anything"
We could argue that gold or other precious metals or minerals aren't backed by anything either. You know that value of things is not a matter of worth but rather how every item is subjectively valued by individuals.
This valuation is demonstrated when individuals are willing to pay for something that is not worthy much. For example art.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:28:03 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 08:22:43 PM by Hollingsworth

Just a couple of points to answer the OP's original supposition (be they a troll or not).

-- Bitcoin is a digital currency, using a publicly viewable ledger, for individuals whose identifications are untraceable through encryption technology.
-- Because of its encrypted technology, it is an internet based asset that cannot be regulated or controlled by governments and financial institutions.
-- Accordingly, it provides great benefits for anyone wanting to store and or move bitcoin units of digital worth (value being delineated by btc trading exchanges).
-- Further advantage comes from the fact that bitcoin itself cannot fall under any jurisdiction, be it under a nation's currency laws or through any financial oversight. (You can own, carry and move a million dollars inside your USB encrypted thumbdrive, or in a bitcoin paper wallet... and do so anonymously.)
-- However, at the point of exchange, i.e. trading bitcoin for conventional currency, then government laws and financial regulations can be applicable. Of course there are unregulated bitcoin exchanges, such as LocalBitcoins.com, or you can buy/sell other assets than fiat directly with bitcoin.
-- The evidence seems clear... a 3.5+ Billion dollar marketcap reflects that bitcoin is a valuable asset. It also brings other great benefits of pseudo-anonymity, is virtually transferable in a mostly low-fee environment, and with proper precautions, is secure.

So PrincessDiana...I would close by saying that Bitcoin shows itself to be worthy, something of the people and for the people.
Much like the real Princess Di was, in the rarified overly-controlled prison of British royalty.

H.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: