Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:40:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EST 2014] Rimbit - We removed mining so its just the community and coin  (Read 26049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:58:03 PM

What exchange is this listed on ?

Try                       https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=rbt-btc
BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:08:15 PM

who or what the f... did the translation on your danish website ?!?  it sucks big time, no dane will take this serious ..
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:27:12 PM

Imagine Bitcoin without Mining - We did and we built it

All you did was clone Novacoin.
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

Rimbit [RBT] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/RBT/BTC
Rimbit Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/RBT

Code:
[url=https://yobit.net/en/trade/RBT/BTC][img]https://yobit.net/i/small_logo.png[/img][/url]

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 06:35:25 PM

Imagine Bitcoin without Mining - We did and we built it

All you did was clone Novacoin.

We also used parts of Bitcoin and Peercoin to come up with Rimbit  Wink

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 06:36:55 PM

RimbitPi

The Rimbit Pi is a small low cost bit of Hardware, (based around the Raspberry Pi), which is a Pre Configured Rimbit wallet that can remain online 24/7, locked, but still enable the minting process (interest), using very small amounts of power in the process.

You can view more about the project at http://rimbitforum.com/topic/3062-rimbit-pi-project/

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:45:25 PM

We have a new project starting at http://rimbit.com/threads/supersupersupernet-inter-national-communications.1161/

Our aim is to unite more coins and work together as a group and also help fund projects and share technology

toucan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:57:10 PM

I still can not understand the idea of currency or its innovation.

The difference between Rimbit and all the others is that the miners have to do the confirmations. Currently about 20 companies (mostly in China) control 95% of the mining and 3 firms control 51%. This IS NOT a distributed coin under community control. If the ChiComs buy those 3 companies (or expropriate them) then BTC will be just another fiat currency. This is the potential fatal flaw in the design of BTC and other similar mined coins.

With Rimbit, the confirmations are done by the community with their wallets on their own PCs. And as an incentive to keep your wallet open, you earn 5% interest per annum.

Anyone with 1 RBT in their wallet on a PC at home can confirm transactions. No business or government can stop it!
UKBob

Activity: 80

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:42:58 PM

Interesting that all of the "supporters" of this coin only have single digit activity. I guess this coin draws a lot of BCT newbs... LMFAO

Yes it does and I am one of them!  I would guess that Rimbit has more crypto newbies than any other coin.  Probably for a variety of reasons from the friendly community, to the efforts put in by the bosses, or the openness of what is going on, or perhaps it is experts taking time and effort to explain to newbs the ins and outs.  For example, how many coins have a chief that is offering to help them one to one to start trading on the exchanges, from setting up bitcoin wallets to joining the likes of C-Cex etc, all via skype.

We are all be encouraged to broaden our horizons by joining forums like this, so there are a lot of newbs just now, but then again, Braino, so once was yourself!  As a newb I would not be here without the support of the Rimbit crew, but now I am here, that means there is one more person in the crypto world, and that is great news for you oldies!

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
SteinGalen

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:20:44 AM

We have a new project starting at http://rimbit.com/threads/supersupersupernet-inter-national-communications.1161/

Our aim is to unite more coins and work together as a group and also help fund projects and share technology
Seems like an interesting idea.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 02:49:00 AM

I've got 100 Ribbits here by just joining their community the 100 is not yet confirm as I am still syncing the wallet,this thread is not very active but this one is a very promising Altcoins compare to the others,looking forward to be part of this community

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:43:11 AM

I've got 100 Ribbits here by just joining their community the 100 is not yet confirm as I am still syncing the wallet,this thread is not very active but this one is a very promising Altcoins compare to the others,looking forward to be part of this community

We have a pretty good forum of our own and most members spend time there instead of Bitcointalk.
http://rimbit.com/forums/

But you are right, its not very active on this forum and I will make more of an effort to post here, just as much as I post back home at our forum.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 09:39:18 AM

We have a pretty good forum of our own and most members spend time there instead of Bitcointalk.
http://rimbit.com/forums/

But you are right, its not very active on this forum and I will make more of an effort to post here, just as much as I post back home at our forum.

Also got mine too I think you should also be active here many people who are searching for crypto currency first comes here and bitcointalk has a very high traffic ,if people who are into altcoins can see that you have a very active community here,they will check your thread and see what you got to offer it's part of a marketing strategy ..

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 10:12:03 AM

We have a small team that will be getting a RaspberryPi (We call it the RimbitPi) that was initially sold as a test unit on Indiegogo.

As Rimbit is all out and there is no need to worry about mining, mining pools etc, so we concentrate on the user experience and the network.

We have put together a Pi that will enable a user to simply run a wallet outside of the PC/Laptop enviornemnt to keep electricity down to a minimum which now means a wallet can run 24 hours a day with a total electricity bill for the year being less that $10

This Pi is just the main unit that we will build onto, that will include a printer, biometric scanner and reader to read back paper wallets.

Officially we havent released them as a finished product until the testing team has put it through its paces...
We will be selling them, but users can also grab the software they need and a 3D printing file if they have or will buy their own RaspberryPi to put together a RimbitPi and this of course is released as a free product.

The RimbitPi we sell is simply for users who dont want to or cant put one of these units together.

You can get more information on our forum at http://rimbit.com/forums/rimbitpi.47/

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 11:03:39 AM

We have a small team that will be getting a RaspberryPi (We call it the RimbitPi) that was initially sold as a test unit on Indiegogo.

As Rimbit is all out and there is no need to worry about mining, mining pools etc, so we concentrate on the user experience and the network.

We have put together a Pi that will enable a user to simply run a wallet outside of the PC/Laptop enviornemnt to keep electricity down to a minimum which now means a wallet can run 24 hours a day with a total electricity bill for the year being less that $10

This Pi is just the main unit that we will build onto, that will include a printer, biometric scanner and reader to read back paper wallets.

Officially we havent released them as a finished product until the testing team has put it through its paces...
We will be selling them, but users can also grab the software they need and a 3D printing file if they have or will buy their own RaspberryPi to put together a RimbitPi and this of course is released as a free product.

The RimbitPi we sell is simply for users who dont want to or cant put one of these units together.

You can get more information on our forum at http://rimbit.com/forums/rimbitpi.47/

This is a great way to get people involve on Rimbit,this is an edge I don't know if your team is the first one that came up with this device but this is indeed awesome,many altcoins devs will try to replicate this if this one proves to be a good way to promote a coin..

Update us more on the development by posting on this forum..

UKBob

Activity: 80

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

I have ordered a RimbitPi and am looking forward to it - good to know that it can run several wallets quite comfortably at one time!

Cool toys are cool!

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 11:41:04 AM

We have stayed clear of corporate funding, so as not to lose control of the main goals we set, when we first started Rimbit
We also took our time and avoided Exchanges to a large extent, as our goal was not to be a pump and dump coin and 2 years later, it is very obvious that Rimbit users are not dumping and instead holding

Since day one, we have expressed that Rimbit is to be as truly decentralized as possible, something we believe most coins cannot achieve in the long run and even though there is a Top Person at the helm, it has always been understood that it is not permanent and will be relinquished when the community is ready to take charge.

Most of our funding is done via Indiegogo - https://igg.me/at/rimbit-com/x/6825374 and we do that so we remain as transparent as possible.

Rimbit at some stage will be 100% community owned and managed and with continued support from people, we hope to achieve that goal, sooner than later, as we see some fantastic forum members rising to the top and coming up with some great strategies for the future.

toucan

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:09:12 PM

For those of you with 'mined' coins who are concerned about control being in the hands of a few companies in China. RBT is the coin for you.

For those of you who aren't concerned about control being in the hands of a few companies in China..YOU SHOULD BE. RBT is also for you

Fireguy71

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:23:49 PM

I have been testing the Rimbit Pi it is working well and there is a lot of potential with this little device in the future.
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 06:02:04 PM

Position Vacant: The Apprentice - Social Marketing

Its time that Rimbit take someone from the community to become the lead role of Social Marketer.
The position is not working for me or Rimbit, but for the community as you will be responsible for attracting new members, more campaign contributions, increase in Social Awareness and visitors to the forum and IGG, which I will personally monitor and give a report at the end of the 2 week period

It is a position that has 3 main responsibilities:

• Attract more members on IGG and the Forum
  • Increase the financial standing of Rimbit via IGG or other
  • Increase awareness of Rimbit on Social Platforms (multiple)

Eligibility:

• You must be at least 15 years old
  • You can be from any country
  • You must be a forum member and if you just signed up today, you are still eligible
  • You must have the time to devote to tasks daily
  • You must be ethical and able to admit fault
  • Commitment, creative and can just get the job done without complaint

How to apply:

• Reply to this post
  • Wait till you are selected
  • Perform the duties as you see fit by yourself or as a group that you bring with you, which may not have to be forum members

How it will work:

You will be asked to start immediately when you are selected and you have to do the 3 main responsibilities over a 2 week period.

At the time you start, the forum will be presented with the current IGG amount, the visitor numbers that the forum currently has and also the member count on the forum, so the community can view your performance over your 2 week apprenticeship.

No money will be issued to you, so if you think you can do a better job by spending money, then that can work to your advantage or disadvantage if you don't follow through.

I will issue you Free Rimbit for anything you need for promotion, but it will be controlled and promotions must be explained before being implemented by you.

A forum thread will be started that has your forum Username as the prefix and it is there that I will display stats of what you are doing and also allow forum members to comment and make suggestions to help you improve your effort.

You will be paid....

You will get 10% of any increase in confirmed contributions on IGG above the starting mark that you are made aware of at the start of your 2 weeks. As fraud may accompany a contribution, you will need to wait till its all confirmed as legitimate before it becomes valid. This is also to make sure you do not promote to groups known to commit fraud.

Then your efforts are presented to the forum and another person will be chosen that has replied and they will be required to repeat the process and so on, for as many months as it takes, until we see someone exceptional.

The top 3 performers will then be asked to do the process again, but over a month period to finally chose the one person who will then head up the Social Marketing of Rimbit.

As the head of that position, you will fall under the Marketing Team, that will be chosen in the same manner and as a team, you will receive 10% of any funds that will be distributed by the Marketing team, that Rimbit takes from any direct sources that Rimbit may have in the future and will be permanent as long as you continue to work your position.

I understand how difficult it is to do this position and will take into account factors that may not necessarily favor someone who gets big IGG contributions, but little visitors or forum signups.

Edits may be made to this post to take into account issues or situations that may arise.

To Apply, please visit the Rimbit Forum and post here http://rimbit.com/threads/position-vacant-the-apprentice-social-marketing.1877/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: