Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EST 2014] Rimbit - We removed mining so its just the community and coin  (Read 26048 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:30:16 AM

Can you say more about the RimbitPI? Can we just make our own PI computer and get the code?

I guess it's the same as having or pc/laptop on since it is POS. The only difference is it's cheaper to run the RimbitPi 24/7 than running your laptop/cpu. Correct me if I'm wrong though. And also it will be best if we can have some small computation of cost plus possible earnings if you have like 10000 RBTs.

UKBob

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:24:38 AM

I am sure I read on the forum that the code will be available (free) for downloading.  I do have an older Pi at home and I may try to set it up to run a wallet. 

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
CelluleRB

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:02:22 PM

Oh, cool. So everyone can make their own small computer and get interest in very low cost as I see it! And in countries where electricity is cheap, it is even a better deal then! Nice job team Rimbit!
Fireguy71

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:41:07 PM

There was discussion of adding a solar panel, the device! you could run it for free.
You can buy the Pi and the rest of the parts and make your own.
the needed code is on github.com
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:01:47 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 04:18:14 PM by rimbit

One of the benefits of distributing it our way is that it allows us to fund projects, such as the Pi project and develop the software needed to make it work.
We dont believe that developers should work for free, as is the case with some other coins, and having a funding pool, gives everyone incentives

------------------------ RBT ------------------------

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:17:46 PM

Ive never really had much experience with solar panels...
Has anyone tried hooking one up to a Pi?

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
UKBob

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:37:46 PM

You would really need a battery too, to keep the interest coming 24/7, light and dark!

It must be do-able though I suspect the pay-back on the solar gear would take years as the Pi is so cheap to run.

CelluleRB

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:00:24 PM

I once used some solar panels on a fishing shack (far in the wood) and it was not that great of an experience... Well, I needed at least 4 slow discharge batteries to have lights in the nights... in that time, there were no led lights like we have now. Anyway, that is off topic, but the point is that technologies are better today, and I think that you can have a solar panel and a battery for not that much cash. What happens if the RimbitPi gets down for a long period? Is the wallet safe?
gummy

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:41:40 AM

I just noticed that the Bitcoin Forum has more than 14 millions posts in 540,000 topics, and is claiming to have almost 800,000 forum members.

I have to wonder - for the poor person who has just managed to save up more than $400 US to purchase ONE single coin, how will their voice ever be heard?

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:21:08 AM

I just noticed that the Bitcoin Forum has more than 14 millions posts in 540,000 topics, and is claiming to have almost 800,000 forum members.

I have to wonder - for the poor person who has just managed to save up more than $400 US to purchase ONE single coin, how will their voice ever be heard?

I read your post so will the guy who purchase that one coin if he will posted here on bitcointalk I don't know what you mean by that post but we have equal rights to post here as long as it complies with the forum rules..

CelluleRB

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:34:33 PM

Well, I guess you mean that with one Bitcoin in your pocket and so much posts to read... you have to come a long road to make your point. I feel a little bit like this, because even if I am a rookie here, I certainly have some skills around. But, you have to build your reputation here and around too for sure.
UKBob

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

Down to the last few hours of the "secret perk" for cheap Rimbit.  You have to go to the rimbit forum and click on the link there - you do not even have to register.  I think it is well worth a look at the forum and joining too but the offer is such that joining is not required.

So buy some RBT and either keep them and become wildly rich in years to come or sell them for a small profit on C-Cex and regret it this time next year if RBT= $10 Smiley

Fireguy71

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 07:34:47 PM

You would really need a battery too, to keep the interest coming 24/7, light and dark!

It must be do-able though I suspect the pay-back on the solar gear would take years as the Pi is so cheap to run.
A quick search and there are several solutions you can have the unit power down on low power.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Powered-Raspberry-Pi/
The charger is @ $25 battery $15. you would build it for $50. This is more than the energy to runit for several years.
But the cool factor is worth way more
CelluleRB

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:36:42 PM

Down to the last few hours of the "secret perk" for cheap Rimbit.  You have to go to the rimbit forum and click on the link there - you do not even have to register.  I think it is well worth a look at the forum and joining too but the offer is such that joining is not required.

So buy some RBT and either keep them and become wildly rich in years to come or sell them for a small profit on C-Cex and regret it this time next year if RBT= $10 Smiley

I bought some, this is a good deal... At least, I won't regret it in the next months if anything good happens. Wink
toothless

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:03:51 AM

I think the point here is that Bitcoin has become so massive that unless you were in at the beginning and formed a close alliance with one of the main groups (such as Blockchain), chances are you will have no say in what happens with the coin.

What I do like with some of the smaller coins, is that everyone seems to have a say - from the veterans to the newbies.  Opinions count and opportunities exist to shape the future of the coins. No one person is more important than any other.  It's great - though perhaps a little more transparent than I would have expected.

So I suppose if I had $400 US to invest, I'd like to have a say in how my investment can best work for me - rather than having someone tell me how it's going to be.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 02:42:24 AM

I think the point here is that Bitcoin has become so massive that unless you were in at the beginning and formed a close alliance with one of the main groups (such as Blockchain), chances are you will have no say in what happens with the coin.

What I do like with some of the smaller coins, is that everyone seems to have a say - from the veterans to the newbies.  Opinions count and opportunities exist to shape the future of the coins. No one person is more important than any other.  It's great - though perhaps a little more transparent than I would have expected.

So I suppose if I had $400 US to invest, I'd like to have a say in how my investment can best work for me - rather than having someone tell me how it's going to be.

yes it works with any new start up project or any crypto currency so if you are going to invest $400 you just need to look for a good project and a good devs team that will get the project a long way..

CelluleRB

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:55:03 PM

When I choose to invest in an altcoin, I prefer one that has a friendly community... Being part of the Rimbit community, I feel really like my words are well received and listened to. That will pay one day... too much greediness and anger may lead to the premature death of a coin IMHO.
toothless

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:31:27 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 03:42:36 AM by toothless

There is a new contest underway on the Rimbit Forum at:  http://www.rimbit.com/threads/create-the-caption-contest.2363/

It's really straightforward, with the winner getting up to 400 RBT.

As long as you are registered on the Rimbit Forum you can enter (and registration is free).

If you're not registered, now would be a good time as these contests will likely continue.

There probably isn't an easier way to win free RBT.
UKBob

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:52:20 AM

When I choose to invest in an altcoin, I prefer one that has a friendly community... Being part of the Rimbit community, I feel really like my words are well received and listened to. That will pay one day... too much greediness and anger may lead to the premature death of a coin IMHO.

I would add to that a dev or dev team that is trustworthy, honest and helpful.  I do not want issues swept under the carpet and ignored.  When mistakes are made or problems happen it is good to get the truth.  It instils confidence and that is something I have in Rimbit.

Fireguy71

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:59:06 PM

I would add to that a dev or dev team that is trustworthy, honest and helpful.  I do not want issues swept under the carpet and ignored.  When mistakes are made or problems happen it is good to get the truth.  It instils confidence and that is something I have in Rimbit.
I would totally agree with both of you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: