Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokerstars transfer to player  (Read 1242 times)
unholycactus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 09:57:51 PM

I would like to sell some money on Pokerstars for BTC.

My current problem is that I'm not sure if I will be required to take additional actions once I try to transfer money to another player. In other words, I'm not sure if I'll need to send additional info to Pokerstars e.g. drivers licence or any other ID.

Their FAQ is confusing and doesn't tell me much.

Is there anybody out there who have tried it? I'm located in Quebec, Canada.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:00:25 PM

My current problem is that I'm not sure if I will be required to take additional actions once I try to transfer money to another player. In other words, I'm not sure if I'll need to send additional info to Pokerstars e.g. drivers licence or any other ID.

Play heads-up with the buying and transfer that way. I bet you'll be the first to conduct a money transfer via that route.  Roll Eyes
unholycactus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:32:16 AM

Play heads-up with the buying and transfer that way. I bet you'll be the first to conduct a money transfer via that route.  Roll Eyes

There's an actual feature in Pokerstars that allows money transfer between players. I would rather use that than colluding.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:20:00 AM

There's an actual feature in Pokerstars that allows money transfer between players. I would rather use that than colluding.

That's your best option.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:10:41 AM

Hey,

Interesting....  from my memory pokerstars need some details from you to deposit and become a real money player.  I signed up like 10 years ago now so its hard to remember what i gave them lol.

I guess you either built up some money via winning freeroll or have someone transfered to you.  You know, pokerstars treats money transfers on a case by case basis.  The transfers aren't automatic the staff review it and give it the OK, you can tell this by how the transfers take random amounts of time to go through. So it really depends on who is reviewing your transfer and how much money it is for. 

If you are trying to send someone $10 i reckon it will be no problem, if you are trying to send like $5000 i think they may want to know a few more details.  You can always try it and get rejected, im guessing you dont want to attract the attention though if it fails?

Remember though pokerstars are more concerned about checking money on cashouts, player - player transfer will always be slightly loser security vs cashout.
unholycactus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 04:08:46 PM

Hey,

Interesting....  from my memory pokerstars need some details from you to deposit and become a real money player.  I signed up like 10 years ago now so its hard to remember what i gave them lol.

I guess you either built up some money via winning freeroll or have someone transfered to you.  You know, pokerstars treats money transfers on a case by case basis.  The transfers aren't automatic the staff review it and give it the OK, you can tell this by how the transfers take random amounts of time to go through. So it really depends on who is reviewing your transfer and how much money it is for. 

If you are trying to send someone $10 i reckon it will be no problem, if you are trying to send like $5000 i think they may want to know a few more details.  You can always try it and get rejected, im guessing you dont want to attract the attention though if it fails?

Remember though pokerstars are more concerned about checking money on cashouts, player - player transfer will always be slightly loser security vs cashout.

Thank you for your reply, I used to play on another fenced market site before moving on Pokerstars. They locked my account after a while asking for ID, which I did send because it's ran by my government.
I've been playing with a decent amount of money on Pokerstars but when I signed up they didn't ask to verify my info, I've also never tried to cash out. Signed up within the last year I think.

I doubt I'll have a big volume of transfers, don't have much time to play anymore.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:45:41 PM

Hey,

Interesting....  from my memory pokerstars need some details from you to deposit and become a real money player.  I signed up like 10 years ago now so its hard to remember what i gave them lol.

I guess you either built up some money via winning freeroll or have someone transfered to you.  You know, pokerstars treats money transfers on a case by case basis.  The transfers aren't automatic the staff review it and give it the OK, you can tell this by how the transfers take random amounts of time to go through. So it really depends on who is reviewing your transfer and how much money it is for.  

If you are trying to send someone $10 i reckon it will be no problem, if you are trying to send like $5000 i think they may want to know a few more details.  You can always try it and get rejected, im guessing you dont want to attract the attention though if it fails?

Thank you for your reply, I used to play on another fenced market site before moving on Pokerstars. They locked my account after a while asking for ID, which I did send because it's ran by my government.
I've been playing with a decent amount of money on Pokerstars but when I signed up they didn't ask to verify my info, I've also never tried to cash out. Signed up within the last year I think.

I doubt I'll have a big volume of transfers, don't have much time to play anymore.

I have been warned by pokerstars before to not use them as a bank (this was when i started to make a ton of transfers on my GFs account which didnt have much playing action on it) - basically they told me your account is for playing poker and the money transfer service is for genuine transfer reasons..... helping out a friend one time etc.   They will bend the rules the better the customer you are.  On my own personal account i've probably sent and received money about 2-300 times and never once had a problem - on this account ive made supernova 5 times i think.

Yeah until you make a cashout pokerstars dont mind so much because they consider your money their money.  The security checks are made when you click to cashout, that is when accounts get banned/blocked/limited/whatever most.

unholycactus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:20:03 PM

Hey,

Interesting....  from my memory pokerstars need some details from you to deposit and become a real money player.  I signed up like 10 years ago now so its hard to remember what i gave them lol.

I guess you either built up some money via winning freeroll or have someone transfered to you.  You know, pokerstars treats money transfers on a case by case basis.  The transfers aren't automatic the staff review it and give it the OK, you can tell this by how the transfers take random amounts of time to go through. So it really depends on who is reviewing your transfer and how much money it is for.  

If you are trying to send someone $10 i reckon it will be no problem, if you are trying to send like $5000 i think they may want to know a few more details.  You can always try it and get rejected, im guessing you dont want to attract the attention though if it fails?

I have been warned by pokerstars before to not use them as a bank (this was when i started to make a ton of transfers on my GFs account which didnt have much playing action on it) - basically they told me your account is for playing poker and the money transfer service is for genuine transfer reasons..... helping out a friend one time etc.   They will bend the rules the better the customer you are.  On my own personal account i've probably sent and received money about 2-300 times and never once had a problem - on this account ive made supernova 5 times i think.

Yeah until you make a cashout pokerstars dont mind so much because they consider your money their money.  The security checks are made when you click to cashout, that is when accounts get banned/blocked/limited/whatever most.

Once again thanks for your input, I'll try cashing out and see what happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: