Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: cypherdoc is a paid shill, liar and probably epic scammer: HashFast affair  (Read 19729 times)
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 05:03:55 AM

Hmmm, where does the 10% figure come from, did HashFast pull in 30,000 BTC?
From the complaint, the agreement was 10%, and yes-- more than 30,000 BTC it appears.

The audio recording in the response is halarious, Cypherdoc's attorney describes him as the  "the LeBron James of the Bitcoin world"-- presumably that was the least redicilous claim they could deploy to provide any other rationale the amounts paid in an effort to avoid the conclusions people actually in the Bitcoin world drawing in this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:06:57 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 05:59:59 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Hmmm, where does the 10% figure come from, did HashFast pull in 30,000 BTC?
From the complaint, the agreement was 10%, and yes-- more than 30,000 BTC it appears.

The audio recording in the response is halarious, Cypherdoc's attorney describes him as the  "the LeBron James of the Bitcoin world".

Sauce--the specific quote is at 18:30.

Edit: The attachment discussion is interesting. I guess they've documented the wallet address. But I don't think the coins are legally tied-up at all?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:30:27 AM

Wow.  Nicely played cypherdoc!  No wonder you have such a high opinion of your own work; it really does command high price in the 'free market'.  And here I was dubious about that.  My bad.

Anyway, carry on pumping Hearn's XT project to take over Bitcoin Core and get it's exponential bloat (and likely coin tainting as well) baked into Bitcoin.  It would be rude to ask if you are formally shilling for them and if so how much you get paid so I'll just muse about it I guess.

I recognized cypherdoc was bad news back when I saw his rabid shilling for Hashfast. Bilking them out of 3k BTC ? That's just asinine.

I didn't notice cypherdoc shilling for Hashfast since I don't follow such things at all.  I wish I had noticed it since I would have rubbed his nose in it for all it was worth.  Better late than never I guess.

Dr. Lowelife follows in a long line of disgraced scammers starting around Bruce Wagner.  Remember how Wagner stuck around for a while pitifully thinking that he had a shot at preserving his 'Labron James-esque' legacy which existed in his mind?  (Actually, unless you are a pretty old timer, you probably do not.)  Anyway, it will be fun to watch of cypherdoc follows the same pattern.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:37:08 AM

The audio recording in the response is halarious, Cypherdoc's attorney describes him as the  "the LeBron James of the Bitcoin world"-- presumably that was the least redicilous claim they could deploy to provide any other rationale the amounts paid in an effort to avoid the conclusions people actually in the Bitcoin world drawing in this thread.

The original court document has him representing himself. So cypherdoc thinks that he is the "LeBron James" of Bitcoin world? ... does that make HashFast the Cavaliers?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:58:28 AM

Wow.  Nicely played cypherdoc!  No wonder you have such a high opinion of your own work; it really does command high price in the 'free market'.  And here I was dubious about that.  My bad.

Anyway, carry on pumping Hearn's XT project to take over Bitcoin Core and get it's exponential bloat (and likely coin tainting as well) baked into Bitcoin.  It would be rude to ask if you are formally shilling for them and if so how much you get paid so I'll just muse about it I guess.

I recognized cypherdoc was bad news back when I saw his rabid shilling for Hashfast. Bilking them out of 3k BTC ? That's just asinine.

I didn't notice cypherdoc shilling for Hashfast since I don't follow such things at all.  I wish I had noticed it since I would have rubbed his nose in it for all it was worth.  Better late than never I guess.

Dr. Lowelife follows in a long line of disgraced scammers starting around Bruce Wagner.  Remember how Wagner stuck around for a while pitifully thinking that he had a shot at preserving his 'Labron James-esque' legacy which existed in his mind?  (Actually, unless you are a pretty old timer, you probably do not.)  Anyway, it will be fun to watch of cypherdoc follows the same pattern.

NLC noticed. He hounded him about it for years. I swear that troll is the twisted conscience of this place.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 06:15:17 AM

The original court document has him representing himself. So cypherdoc thinks that he is the "LeBron James" of Bitcoin world? ... does that make HashFast the Cavaliers?
He seems to have representation now (its in the legal docs but PM me if you need contact information for his attornies for some reason).

Makes sense, after all-- 3000 BTC pay for a lot of representation.  I assume part of the point of getting the attachment is so that he can't spend it all on his legal defense and then claim to be insolvent after losing. Sad

hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:21:52 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 08:06:33 AM by hdbuck

jeez this forum.. such drama.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 09:38:18 AM

The audio recording in the response is halarious, Cypherdoc's attorney describes him as the  "the LeBron James of the Bitcoin world"-- presumably that was the least redicilous claim they could deploy to provide any other rationale the amounts paid in an effort to avoid the conclusions people actually in the Bitcoin world drawing in this thread.

Its hilarious. I hope enough voices come up that explain the judge and the jury how much nonsense that claim is. Im really interested in the backstory of that. Besides tunneling coins i dont see a reason for that. So was he so big friends with the hashfast owners or is he a owner in reality? Having the CEO and the rest as scapegoats?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:33:16 PM

Leave cypherdoc alone! Roll Eyes Since he contributed with "money and a whole lot of education and perspective on the finances and economics of Bitcoin" with his useless thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.0 (cited from https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3awomg/how_the_bitcoin_experiment_might_fail/csgtiwo)

traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:40:18 PM

The real cypherdoc:

http://gsm.ucdavis.edu/faculty/marc-lowe

Has anyone notified his employer about these allegations?

Ah, the hilarity of it all.  So that was the "highly successful business" he was running.  In all seriousness, I'm sorry people lost money to this chicanery.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:23:56 PM

He seems to have representation now (its in the legal docs but PM me if you need contact information for his attornies for some reason).

Makes sense, after all-- 3000 BTC pay for a lot of representation.  I assume part of the point of getting the attachment is so that he can't spend it all on his legal defense and then claim to be insolvent after losing. Sad

Well the motion to attach was denied, so...Those coins are still very much his. Maybe he can start a fund to payback some of the victims.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:44:21 PM

The real cypherdoc:

Ah, the hilarity of it all.  So that was the "highly successful business" he was running.  In all seriousness, I'm sorry people lost money to this chicanery.

If that's the real cypherdoc then he was trying to frame some poor ophthalmology with the same name because he has specifically said that people trust him to operate on their eyes.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:46:06 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 11:20:48 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

The real cypherdoc:

Ah, the hilarity of it all.  So that was the "highly successful business" he was running.  In all seriousness, I'm sorry people lost money to this chicanery.

If that's the real cypherdoc then he was trying to frame some poor ophthalmology with the same name because he has specifically said that people trust him to operate on their eyes.

The judge refers to him as an Ophthalmologist and a Doctor in court. fwiw.

marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:41:39 AM

The real cypherdoc:

Ah, the hilarity of it all.  So that was the "highly successful business" he was running.  In all seriousness, I'm sorry people lost money to this chicanery.

So he's an opthalmologist, a silicon valley VC shark, MBA lecturer and an NBL-level super-star bitcoin mining shiller? Is there nothing this guy can't do?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:21:58 AM

The real cypherdoc:

So he's an opthalmologist, a silicon valley VC shark, MBA lecturer and an NBL-level super-star bitcoin mining shiller? Is there nothing this guy can't do?

Pft. I'm still blind. Explain that, Doc?!

Ps. Aside from GMAX who's down 100 BTC, is there a list of victims of the Hashfast legacy? A thread of poor souls somewhere, maybe? Is there an estimate of forum member losses?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:37:56 AM

The real cypherdoc:

Pft. I'm still blind. Explain that, Doc?!

Ps. Aside from GMAX who's down 100 BTC, is there a list of victims of the Hashfast legacy? A thread of poor souls somewhere, maybe? Is there an estimate of forum member losses?

I would have lost ~100 BTC for two baby jets ordered in August 2013 if my transfer of BTC did not delay.

But it did delay and I ended up not ordering thus not losing out.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 02:00:56 PM

The real cypherdoc:

30 seconds of skimming the link indicates the guy at UCD isn't an ophthalmologist, so (for theymos and this forum's sake) I don't recommend harassing him or his employer.

The motion for attachment was literally laughed out of court.

Ah, the hilarity of you otherwise-extremely-intelligent guys being total fucktards over some old butthurt!

Seriously, the idiocy about Frap.doc's coins has become at least as bad as Frap.doc's idiocy about 1MB blocks.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:56:25 AM

Seriously, the idiocy about Frap.doc's coins has become at least as bad as Frap.doc's idiocy about 1MB blocks.   Undecided

Idiots beget idiocy I guess, seems to be following this frap.doc around. What idiot could think he could take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture (with undelivered hardware) and not expect to be targeted by the creditors? "Follow the money" has lead directly to cypherdoc in this case.

I would have nothing to do with the guy, quite frankly he's toxic to the forum.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:21:08 AM

Idiots beget idiocy I guess, seems to be following this frap.doc around. What idiot could think he could take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture (with undelivered hardware) and not expect to be targeted by the creditors? "Follow the money" has lead directly to cypherdoc in this case.

You know what else is "toxic to the forum?" Your (and others') willingness to reach outlandish conclusions without regard for the actual facts of the matter.

Frap.doc didn't "take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture."

He took a sales commission for helping a brand new start-up raise the millions required for their ASIC NRE.  The bankruptcy came much later, long after he had done his part.

TSMC isn't cheap.  Hey, I know, why don't HF creditors try to get their money back from TSMC?

It makes sense, in your "follow the money" logic.  But alas, such an attempt would also be laughed out of court.

What idiot could think he could take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture (with undelivered hardware) and not expect to be targeted by the creditors?

One such "idiot" would be Judge Montali, who (after ridiculing and thoroughly rubbishing your "follow the money" logic) denied the motion to attach.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 03:15:06 PM

You know what else is "toxic to the forum?" Your (and others') willingness to reach outlandish conclusions without regard for the actual facts of the matter.

Frap.doc didn't "take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture."

He took a sales commission for helping a brand new start-up raise the millions required for their ASIC NRE.  The bankruptcy came much later, long after he had done his part.

TSMC isn't cheap.  Hey, I know, why don't HF creditors try to get their money back from TSMC?

It makes sense, in your "follow the money" logic.  But alas, such an attempt would also be laughed out of court.

What idiot could think he could take 3000BTC from a failed mining venture (with undelivered hardware) and not expect to be targeted by the creditors?

One such "idiot" would be Judge Montali, who (after ridiculing and thoroughly rubbishing your "follow the money" logic) denied the motion to attach.   Wink

So you say his "service" could create value worth way more than 3000 Bitcoins? I wonder how you get to that conclusion. If he would have known investors that would invest 30,000 Bitcoins, then 3000 Bitcoins would be a high reward still, but understandable. But he never had the ability or a standing big enough to justify that payment.

And TSMC? They did not take an amount that is way beyond a normal payment for them.

I cant see how you can come in and claim that the 3000 Bitcoins were justified. There was nothing he did or could have done that this justified.

And you say Judge Montali believed that he is some bitcoin god with followers in the thousands that would not only pay 3000BTC, no even more so that the payment had a slight justification. If the judge really believes he is such a big figure who deserves that payment then he spoke with the wrong person till now.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: