Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: cypherdoc is a paid shill, liar and probably epic scammer: HashFast affair  (Read 19747 times)
Hashfast Shill

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:23:35 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 05:39:17 PM by Hashfast Shill

If he's unwilling to elaborate on the details of the outcome there's a good chance they look bad for him ... or he would be crowing from the rooftops. Just going on past behavior experience and base human nature.

OP, you sound kind of butthurt.  Is it your intention to inflict as much pain and misery onto cipherdoc as possible because of some other agenda?  Now that the case is over terminated, there seem to be no basis for your inflammatory thread.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:37:51 PM

If he's unwilling to elaborate on the details of the outcome there's a good chance they look bad for him ... or he would be crowing from the rooftops. Just going on past behavior experience and base human nature.

He was probably forced to give up his ill-begotten BTC or things are still happening and his lawyer advised him to keep the cork in his pie-hole.  Maybe both.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 07:16:15 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 07:26:38 PM by iCEBREAKER

He was probably forced to give up his ill-begotten BTC or things are still happening and his lawyer advised him to keep the cork in his pie-hole.  Maybe both.

What makes you more qualified than the bankruptcy process to reach such a defamatory conclusion?  The unrivaled strength of your prejudiced opinion?   Cheesy

It's up to the court to declare the sales commission "ill-begotten BTC."  It has refused to do so, despite being asked, and Judge Montali went so far as to literally laugh in the face of those proposing such a finding for their poor legal scholarship.

If the starving sharks from Baker Hostetler truly believed they had a slam dunk case against LeBron, they wouldn't have settled for much less than the full hoard of BTC, plus their expenses.  After all, it's their last chance to get paid.

Cypherdoc is probably being coy because he made a big fuss about never compromising and how much he was enjoying forcing Baker to "burn hours."

Since much of the case is uncharted waters, and jury decisions are a Markov process, settling wasn't a bad choice of action.

Nobody admits fault, the creditor committee (read: starving sharks) is compensated for their kabuki expenses, and life goes on.

Let's note this is all a civil matter, yet you still continue to imply (or outright conclude) there is some criminal plot lurking in the background, which only those sophisticated enough may perceive.

Are you perhaps starting to realize your precious hivemind got this one wrong?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hashfast Shill

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

It turns out that lawyer fees on both sides of a bankruptcy case are ungodly expensive.  So much so, that when you step back and realize what's going on, you quickly realize that the whole farcical show is for them and them only.  It's a corrupt system.  No one gets any money except them in the end.  In other words, don't be surprised as a customer when you don't get back a penny.  Just realize that your plaintiff attorney took you for a ride to line his own pocket.  Nevermind that the original allegations were made up.
Hashfast Shill

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:48:33 PM

It turns out that lawyer fees on both sides of a bankruptcy case are ungodly expensive.  So much so, that when you step back and realize what's going on, you quickly realize that the whole farcical show is for them and them only.  It's a corrupt system.  No one gets any money except them in the end.  In other words, don't be surprised as a customer when you don't get back a penny.  Just realize that your plaintiff attorney took you for a ride to line his own pocket.  Nevermind that the original allegations were made up.

Actually, sometimes customers do in fact get back pennies.  How many times have you received a bankruptcy or class action settlement check for $0.02?  It happens all the time Cheesy
Hashfast Shill

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:08:14 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 08:20:06 PM by Hashfast Shill

Hey, I was reading here and it says that "fraudulent conveyance" (which is what he was accused of) does not mean what most of you here are implying; that cipher acted in a criminal fashion.  No.  If you read the definition, it just means the plaintiffs think he was overpaid for his services.  That's hugely different.  Furthermore, how would you ever prove that given that the Bitcoin mining industry was so new?  Most independent contractors or consultants get paid, and that's that.  End of story.  How is this any different?  And why would it be a mystery that cipher negotiated the best deal he could get, irrespective of a perfect ex post facto view on bankruptcy? Seems to me if the courts would have reversed his pay that would put a chill on every single contractor/consultant contract with startups (>95% go BK) across any industry.

http://www.caddenfuller.com/Articles/Bankruptcy-Law-Understanding-Fraudulent-Conveyances.shtml
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

He was probably forced to give up his ill-begotten BTC or things are still happening and his lawyer advised him to keep the cork in his pie-hole.  Maybe both.

What makes you more qualified than the bankruptcy process to reach such a defamatory conclusion?  The unrivaled strength of your prejudiced opinion?   Cheesy

<snip - blah, blah, historical re-write, blah, blah, ignorance, blah, blah, desperate talking point, blah, blah.  An image even!>

Actually, the incentive was to see if I could get someone to waste some efforts here, and if so, who (aka, trolling.)  Worked.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 08:25:49 PM

Hey, I was reading here and it says that "fraudulent conveyance" does not mean what most of you here are implying; that cipher acted in a criminal fashion.  No.  If you read the definition, it just means the plaintiffs think he was overpaid for his services.  That's hugely different.  Furthermore, how would you ever prove that given that the Bitcoin mining industry was so new?  Most independent contractors or consultants get paid, and that's that.  End of story.  How is this any different?  And why would it be a mystery that cipher negotiated the best deal he could get, irrespective of a perfect ex post facto view on bankruptcy? Seems to me if the courts would have reversed his pay that would put a chill on every single contractor/consultant contract with startups (>95% go BK) across any industry.

http://www.caddenfuller.com/Articles/Bankruptcy-Law-Understanding-Fraudulent-Conveyances.shtml

Watching the Children Of The Hivemind eagerly yet mistakenly fixate on the term "fraudulent" has been very entertaining.

Their confirmation bias, groupthink, and resultant desperation to avoid the looming, inevitable cognitive dissonance is a wonder to behold.

Even after getting their day(s) in court, they now reject the facts as found by that appropriately specialized bankruptcy process, in favor of their own preferred make-believe reality.

EG, tvbcof's "Umm, I was just, like, trolling; I never actually believed Cypherdoc was a crook; I just like to defame people for fun" excuse.   Cheesy

LEBRON MVP 2016

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:40:30 PM

EG, tvbcof's "Umm, I was just, like, trolling; I never actually believed Cypherdoc was a crook; I just like to defame people for fun" excuse.   Cheesy

I don't know that I ever said cypherdoc broke any actual enforceable laws.  I have said repeatedly that he is a formal and textbook shill who leveraged his claimed expertise to put a lot of other people's money into his own pocket.  I (incorrectly it seems) pegged him as a guy who didn't have the mental power to get through med school.  That he did leads me to believe that he probably knew all along how things were going to work out for his victims.  No doubt the guy is a world class slime-ball as I define things.

The last thing that cypherdoc and I seemed to agree on that Bitcoin @ $2-ish was worth the chance.  Since then he had been wrong more than he was right where as I mentioned publicly that I was selling some around $1000-ish range and would suggest getting back in (gently) back when we were in the $300-ish range (if memory serves.)  That's just the seemingly good calls of mine that I remember off the top of my head.  People who listened to cypherdoc, OTOH, would have emerged bloody and battered on many fronts.  Everyone knows he's a fuckin' looser although it took a disappointingly long time for lots of people to figure it out.  Sad day for them.

Edit:  Oh ya, before I go back out to do some real work, I have to note that it is unbecoming of you (iCE) to emerge as cypherdoc's #1 butt-boy, especially given your good work in other areas.  <shrugs>

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 09:02:30 PM

EG, tvbcof's "Umm, I was just, like, trolling; I never actually believed Cypherdoc was a crook; I just like to defame people for fun" excuse.   Cheesy

I don't know that I ever said cypherdoc broke any actual enforceable laws.  I have said repeatedly that he is a formal and textbook shill who leveraged his claimed expertise to put a lot of other people's money into his own pocket.  I (incorrectly it seems) pegged him as a guy who didn't have the mental power to get through med school.  That he did leads me to believe that he probably knew all along how things were going to work out for his victims.  No doubt the guy is a world class slime-ball as I define things.

The last thing that cypherdoc and I seemed to agree on that Bitcoin @ $2-ish was worth the chance.  Since then he had been wrong more than he was right where as I mentioned publicly that I was selling some around $1000-ish range and would suggest getting back in (gently) back when we were in the $300-ish range (if memory serves.)  That's just the seemingly good calls of mine that I remember off the top of my head.  People who listened to cypherdoc, OTOH, would have emerged bloody and battered on many fronts.  Everyone knows he's a fuckin' looser although it took a disappointingly long time for lots of people to figure it out.  Sad day for them.

Cool story bro, but your melodramatic squabbles with him about when to buy/sell/panic/rebuy are not relevant to the OP's scam accusation.

"Victims?"  How funny for you to continue claiming he's a villain, after that rumor was rubbished by the bankruptcy process.

Nobody "knew all along how things were going to work out" because future difficulty and fiat exchange rates are not predictable.

When you talk crazy unsupportable shit like that, you only put your own "mental power" under additional scrutiny.

Please, attempt to elaborate on the "claimed expertise" you assert cypherdoc "leveraged."

You will find that he never claimed to be anything but an enthusiast/hobbyist/miner, albeit one with an advanced degree in an unrelated technical field.

He did the community a favor by reporting about his in-person meeting with HF execs, and at the time we were grateful.  He could have kept that valuable knowledge to himself and avoided the disappointed/angry/bitter/fixated Children Of The Hivemind's slings and arrows.

Doesn't anypony have a Pacer account; we're all dying to get the juicy details!   Cheesy

I guess we can watch how many coins move to find out.  What's the address again?  1LEBRON something something?   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:07:45 PM

You don't seem to find this sort of behaviour particularly unbecoming a medical doctor. I mean 10%?! Dafuq dude? Srsly.

Edit: Whatever, he ain't touchin' my eyes Cool

Who's gonna pony up the 50 quid so we can read that file?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 10:27:14 PM

You don't seem to find this sort of behaviour particularly unbecoming a medical doctor. I mean 10%?! Dafuq dude? Srsly.

"UNBECOMING A MEDIAL DOCTOR?"

WTF is that nebulous charge supposed to mean?  Did he violate the Hippocratic Oath, or the California medical board guidelines?

That's quite a large movement of the goal posts, away from the previous "shill, liar and probably epic scammer" accusation.

Not that I expect logical consistency from your lynch mob; the hivemind's job is to groupthink, not be factually correct.   Wink

10% is bog standard for sales commission.  Not his fault BTC went up afterwards.  If it went down, it's not like you would support compensating his loss.

Whining about his medical skills only shows how petty and grasping you are being.  Your puny bee brain wouldn't last a day in med school.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:31:57 PM

I said whatever. My gawd you are verbose Cheesy

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Hashfast Shill

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:34:32 PM

His statement says that's what they offered him. Oops. Another fail on your part. And i suppose you begrudge hedge fund managers that get paid 20% performance bonus PLUS 2% base? Not to mention the many other 10-20%  industry norms for consulting work out there. Btw, from what I hear, 10% is the going rate for mining consulting. Sorry. And what exactly does his  profession have to do with any of this? Sounds like a pretty smart guy to me.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:36:28 PM

His statement says that's what they offered him. Oops. Another fail on your part. And i suppose you begrudge hedge fund managers that get paid 20% performance bonus PLUS 2% base? Not to mention the many other 10-20%  industry norms for consulting work out there. Btw, from what I hear, 10% is the going rate for mining consulting. Sorry. And what exactly does his  profession have to do with any of this? Sounds like a pretty smart guy to me.

It's just odious. I don't see what there is to explain.
PS. When was my last fail?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 10:41:45 PM

Don't try to confuse BlindMayorBitcorn with facts, his mind is made up!

And he can't bother to read posts with all of 5 lines of text.  Too Looong!

Who needs a bankruptcy process when you have the court of public opinion?

In the case of Hivemind vs Cypherdoc there can only be one acceptable outcome, because the confirmation bias of the groupthinkers must be preserved at all costs!   Cheesy

Obligatory:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:43:56 PM

Is he a shill? Yes.
Is it a crime? No.

Now, wtf are you on about?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:57:10 PM

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391375.msg4213878#msg4213878

@iCE Did you work for HF? Huh

Hashfast Shill

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:05:44 PM

Is he a shill? Yes.
Is it a crime? No.

What I would be on about is your lack of knowledge.  Here's the definition of a shill:

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Wasn't that the first thing (first sentence) he disclosed in his endorsement thread, if I recall correctly?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:07:08 PM

Is he a shill? Yes.
Is it a crime? No.

What I would be on about is your lack of knowledge.  Here's the definition of a shill:

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Wasn't that the first thing (first sentence) he disclosed in his endorsement thread, if I recall correctly?

I think that's one of them shill's from the 1930's. Maybe you need a bigger dictionary? No offence.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: