Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:53:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The TSA has gone fully bat-shit insane: Wrist-based Tasers.  (Read 6358 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:38:32 PM

There are a lot of reports that say the TSA is about to announce a pass system that allows you to bypass most TSA security measures at American airports -- by just carrying a bracelet that stores all of your information. Reasonable, right?

Well, that's not all! To protect you and others, the TSA will be including a taser system into the bracelets that will "disable" anyone who is deemed a threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJIR3N5L4TU

Jesse Ventura has had his episodes covering truthful but potent information removed from line-up before. This seems to be another.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/aviation-security/2008/Jul/01/want-some-torture-with-your-peanuts/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar2gZiT5dDM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cBSRLrJbGg&feature=player_embedded
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:49:04 PM

UPDATE:  Lamperd Less Lethal Inc., the Canadian company that designed the EMD Safety Bracelet, has responded to the controversy as follows:
    We wish to clear up any misconceptions regarding the EMD Safety Bracelet for Airline Security.

The bracelets remain inactive until a hijacking situation has been identified. At such time a designated crew member will activate the bracelets making them capable of delivering the punitive measure - but only to those that need to be restrained. We believe that all passengers will welcome deliverance from a hijacking, as will the families, carriers, insurance providers etc. The F-16 on the wing-tip is not to reassure the passengers during a hijacking, but rather to shoot them down. Besides activation using the grid screen, the steward / stewardess will have a laser activator that can activate any bracelet as needed by simply pointing the laser at the bracelet - that laser dot only needs to be within 10 inches of the bracelet to activate it.

UPDATE: From CheifBo in the comment section
I would like to inform all interested in the truth about Lamperd's involvement in this project [EMD safety bracelet]. I have personnally been involved in the research and development of state of the art training programs and weapon systems with Lapmerd Less Lethal for the past eight years and have found them to be of the highest of integrity and concern for human life and the preservation of peace. Their mission is to develop and distribute the best products in the world when it comes to Law Enforcement, Security and Military applications within use of force. Having been a sworn law enforcement officer for nearly 27 years and a police trainer in Use of Force Management since 1993 I have observed alot of devices and gimmicks that have come and gone as the catch all in securing America.
Lamperd agreed in principal to assist in the development of this product for the patent holder [inventor]. Once this is established, then more research is placed on the actual application of the device. We conduct our training hands on, we do not farm it out as others do. So before we are ready to place a product on the market we know what it is expected to do and how it is expected to perform. We also go through great lengths to put in place a training program that will school even the novice in safely using any product used in applying force in any situation. I think alot of the readers have jumped the gun when it comes to this issue and this certain product. Lamperd is a publicly traded company that keeps its shareholders informed on its latest products and projects. I admire them for this and so do thousands of police, military and security personnel from all around the world that we have trained. Please feel free to peruse their internet site for continuing updates on products and its mission at www.lamperdlesslethal.com and be safe out there.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:02:01 PM

"Great times" indeed  Undecided

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:44:52 PM

Next step:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103239/

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:08:57 PM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/09/despite_brutal_hours_and_hosti.html
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:20:23 PM

This is the most one-sided war I've ever seen. Terrorists have won it so much, it's not even funny.

You cannot win a "war on terror", because as soon as you start it, you already lost.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 09:25:54 PM

pls be onion, pls be onion. I'm not looking.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:31:13 PM

I think politicians should have tight necklaces with taser features, then it all should be hooked up to a system where all the viewers could vote on the speech being performed, when somebody does something really stupid, it would be very entertaining to see them spasm at the floor while franitically trying to take off the necklace, wich of course is impossible. There could be certain thresholds. If 75% of the audience thinks you're completely out of line, tasering is in place.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: