Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so much bitcoin popularity in Russia?  (Read 6577 times)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:48:03 PM

I would think a lot has to do with the volitility of the currency making bitcoin a good value to use and an opportunity for profit
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:57:12 PM

good networking skills
Nigerian Princes like bitcoin for the same reasons.
Networking is all about the ability to present yourself well, find valuable contacts and share experiences.
I think in Russia they are the best of the best.
Networking is fun  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Borzoi

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:35:11 PM

I would think a lot has to do with the volitility of the currency making bitcoin a good value to use and an opportunity for profit

Is clear you do not spend time in Russia, my friend.  Wink
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:07:06 PM

The answer lies in Russia's history.

That history has taught them in a very viscerally painful way not to trust paper currency (and central authorities that govern it).

Those holding the Euro are next to get this painful lesson... those holding the Dollar will get it soon after that.

Said, how clueless the average American is who's spending that paper. They have no clue how the Federal Reserve scam works.  Talk to the average Russian though, and they have a completely different view.

Cheers

As a guy who has Russian mentality I assure u that main cause is free money (bitcoins). Smiley

+1

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 09:58:43 AM

Where are they spending these bitcoin I theirs?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: