Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chances I'll get my coins back  (Read 523 times)
toterpinguin (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:45:48 PM

Hi everybody!
I'm an austrian bitcoin enthusiast. I first read about bitcoins in June 2012 and was amazed by the revolutionary methods bitcoin uses to generate coins, verify transactions etc. So I first started mining but then realized revenue was lower than power costs so I stopped that and bought something like 27 bitcoins in total. First I stored them offline but then I read about investment opportunities. So I first opened  a 2 BTC bankbook on mybitcoinbank.de and then transferred, about a month later, 25 BTC to mybitcointrade.com to put them into funds and investments. Some time later, I discovered GLBSE, sold my fund shares at mybitcointrade and bought assets at GLBSE for 15 BTC. But I still have a 10 BTC bankbook at mybitcointrade.

Now that mybitcoinbank.de is quite likely a scam and mybitcointrade.de is on its best way to become one, I'm asking how likely it is that I at least get my initial investments back. The people in the german section probably know more about this, but as a newbie I posted here.
Two more questions:
- Is it really a good idea to put bitcoins into investments at all? I figured out that even in my diversified GLBSE portfolio there probably is the one or the other scam/business failure. So if i compute in the losses these bring in, am I not in fact losing more than I gain?
- Will bitcoin mining still be profitable after reward halving and ASICs coming out (if I mine with these ASICs)? Can you grossly estimate ( I know it's not easy) what the block difficulty will be after ASICs have been available for some time?

Thanks
toterpinguin
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:46:16 PM

Who knows honestly, is ot a good idea ot for that matter anything but a gamble to invest in wall street stock? As far as "Bitcoin Banks" go. The idea is wonderful. however who's running most of them are just people like you and I. They might have some knowledge but to cover all grounds would be a full on establishing biz. Not everyone here including myself I don't think... is ready to do that.

Investing is a gamble no matter how you look at it. look at pyramining.. great shit it works.. so far. Most newbies end up useing it way past the time that they are comfortable ventureing out into sometwhing new. but at anytime the operators could hault the entire project. What's worse is they clearly tell you long story short "The sex lights will be turned on" you will get fucked somehow...we will TRY to reimburse you.

You have to remember this is all an experiment. one that we hope to whatever god we choose to acknowledge works out for everyone... I know I haven't awnserd anything but really nobody can really give a right or wrong on this topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: