Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:17:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you invest in a ponzi where the owner cannot run away with the money?
Yes, and the no-runaway feature would make me more confident compared to other ponzis - 2 (25%)
Yes, but not more confident compared to others - 1 (12.5%)
No, because there must be something hidden that allows the owner to run away - 4 (50%)
No, because there is a risk of collapsing - 1 (12.5%)
No, for some other reason - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you invest in a ponzi where the owner cannot run away with the money?  (Read 647 times)
szgal (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:51:40 PM

Hi!
I got the idea of creating a ponzi experiment where no one can run away with the money.
It would be similar to peer-to-peer.
But I don't want to waste my time, so I asked this question.
What is your opinion?
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:26:37 PM

I voted no, because it is not likely that you will come up with a scheme that I want to participate in.  Have a look at chainprofit, I like that scheme because it is 100% transparent, and it gives the admin an incentive to NOT take the money and run, because he will make far more if he can get a decent volume.

If you can come up with a good system like that one, then I would change my vote.  Please post an ANN thread when you release your idea, I will look out for it.
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:34:04 PM

I got the idea of creating a ponzi experiment where no one can run away with the money.

No , "Ponzi" the word itself is not worth of Trust , its main essence is to pay to early investor with the money of late investor and as soon as the total deposit exceed the owner wish(planned) , switch off the site and good bye !!

What is your opinion?

My opinion is no , never , i have already said in many posts of mine why only Newbie/Jr.Members Come forward/up with ideas of Paypal exchange/Loan request/Ponzi ??
The thing is that they are all eventually a scammer.

szgal (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:39:26 PM

No , "Ponzi" the word itself is not worth of Trust , its main essence is to pay to early investor with the money of late investor and as soon as the total deposit exceed the owner wish(planned) , switch off the site and good bye !!
Did you read?
I told that this would be a system where the owner cannot take all of the invested money. The owner simply wouldn't have every private key (and as you know, you cannot spend bitcoins without the private key).
Investor Watch

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:40:16 PM

Ponzi infers scamming.  I think the term you're looking for is Pyramid.
everaja

Activity: 490

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:44:10 PM

Did you read?

I always read before adding any of my views.

Ponzi infers scamming.  I think the term you're looking for is Pyramid.

Exactly what i stated , Ponzi name can never win trust , hence look forward for other word , and most important i don't think any guy who is reputed here will ever support Ponzi.

hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:11:23 AM

i vote for
No, because there must be something hidden that allows the owner to run away
and i believe there is always another way to the owner can run away the money every time they want
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:14:52 AM

i vote for
and i believe there is always another way to the owner can run away the money every time they want

Indeed, i don't think anybody would go trough the hassle of developing a ponzi script that allows him to NOT run away with the money...

coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:34:38 PM

i vote for

Indeed, i don't think anybody would go trough the hassle of developing a ponzi script that allows him to NOT run away with the money...

I voted YES.

I think it's a great idea if implemented well, it would be worthwhile for a developer to create it.

Compare it to MultiCryptos who has created many ponzi games here and never ran with the money, but takes 5% fee off the top as his reward. He just lets the game play itself out to the point of collapse and then eventually restarts the game. MultiCryptos could have run with the money many times over, but hasn't (yet), so he's built up trust and a lot of people partake in his ponzi games as a result.

Now if a new admin emerges who hasn't built up a proven track record of trust yet, a script that prevents him from taking all the money before the ponzi reaches the point of collapse would be a great feature IMO. It would definitely help get the momentum going for such a ponzi.

clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:13:41 PM

Why create something when the games already and work fine now

cryptomulti.com
cryptosrisk.com
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:44:48 PM

No, because it is bound to collapse some time even when the owner cannot run away with the money. You need a high rate of return to attract people to participate in a high risk ponzi. New "investors" pay for old "investors", it would take longer and longer time for new "investors" to be paid. Greater fools would stop "investing" eventually and someone will be left with a few coins short.

mdarmawan74

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:40:19 AM

Why create something when the games already and work fine now

cryptomulti.com
cryptosrisk.com

I agree for that.... clipman77... good... Grin
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:52:00 AM

Did you read?
I told that this would be a system where the owner cannot take all of the invested money. The owner simply wouldn't have every private key (and as you know, you cannot spend bitcoins without the private key).
How the operator pay to investors or use the fund for their project ( if any ) when they have no private keys on their wallet ?, I would like to know more the system of this ponzi. FYI , I don't trust ponzi at all before.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: