Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem in Forum with com changing to org  (Read 623 times)
joyjeet (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:37:05 PM

Hi All members, mods and admin

Recently I came across a problem and I think I should share the same so that it can be fixed
The problem is that if any url is posted in the thread post or even in the signature and the url has the word bitcoin in it then the url with a dot com extension automatically changes to dot org extension

Example: www.bitcoin.org - I have written www dot bitcoin dot com but it has automatically changed to a .org link

This problem should be fixed, and I think is some how related to the name of this forum domain since it has the word bitcoin and has an extension as dot org hence in some part of the coding there might be a glitch which takes in all bitcoin related names and changes .com to .org by default

I tried putting other names with .com extension but they work just fine

Example - www.fr33.com remains as it is but if I put www.fr33bitcoin.org (I have put fr33bitcoin dot com) it would change to a .org url by default

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:40:21 PM

Interesting, I never noticed that.

Edit: Just to confirm this does not appear to be a problem for OP alone.

www.bitcoin.com

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:47:13 PM

Probably a bug within smf rather than this forum itself
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:49:41 PM

Most probably an intentional rewrite to prevent phishing attacks like linking to bitcointalk dot com.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12982

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:19:21 PM

Most probably an intentional rewrite to prevent phishing attacks like linking to bitcointalk dot com.

Yes, it was a too-greedy rewrite rule. bitcoin.com recently cloned bitcoin.org but changed several important things (linking to different wallets, for example) -- basically a phishing site. It looks like they've improved this somewhat, so maybe the rule can be removed in the near future.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:30:26 PM

Yes, it was a too-greedy rewrite rule. bitcoin.com recently cloned bitcoin.org but changed several important things (linking to different wallets, for example) -- basically a phishing site. It looks like they've improved this somewhat, so maybe the rule can be removed in the near future.

Roger Ver is using it for Phishing ! Embarrassed

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:55:53 PM

Phishing? That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:17:55 AM

Just FYI, the actual site bitcoin. com (without the space) was redirected to bitcoin.org some weeks ago as I remembered. However as of now bitcoin. com is an individual site talking about bitcoin news. Maybe the forum added the 'Find and Replace' function on bitcoin. com and replace all of them to bitcoin.org to prevent typo.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 10:28:06 AM

Just FYI, the actual site bitcoin. com (without the space) was redirected to bitcoin.org some weeks ago as I remembered. However as of now bitcoin. com is an individual site talking about bitcoin news. Maybe the forum added the 'Find and Replace' function on bitcoin. com and replace all of them to bitcoin.org to prevent typo.

That Bitcoin.org site you see was not the original site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: