Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I'm starting: Digital Currency Alliance  (Read 561 times)
FWBlack (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:59:22 PM

Something I'm starting: Digital Currency Alliance http://www.digitalcurrencyalliance.com/ , very early stage but hope to make something big out of it. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, so if not, let me know.

Fred
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 07:14:18 PM

Something I'm starting: Digital Currency Alliance http://www.digitalcurrencyalliance.com/ , very early stage but hope to make something big out of it. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, so if not, let me know.

Fred

Hey, where are you based?

How much are you aiming at raising with the Crowdfunding Campaign? Will everything be transparent, as alot has gone on recently with foundations and people seeing what is actually going on with them

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 07:15:24 PM

Good to see, guess there is always room for somebody who can do a better job at representing the crypto world.

Subscribed and will keep a watchful eye on developments.

Best of luck.
shad0x

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 07:28:34 PM

What do you intend to do about banks like Citi that are working with their own digital currency and blockchains internally?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/codename-citicoin-banking-giant-built-three-internal-blockchains-test-bitcoin-technology-1508759

The above link is an example of what I mean.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

What do you intend to do about banks like Citi that are working with their own digital currency and blockchains internally?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/codename-citicoin-banking-giant-built-three-internal-blockchains-test-bitcoin-technology-1508759

Their are complete morons and I hope their business collapse. Only because of an ego problem, they have to create their own shitcoin with with own blockshitchain instead of using Bitcoin and its blockchain or at least waiting for the Sidechains and then running their own altcoin under the Bitcoin blockchain. They gain nothing by running their own blockchain. Their own blockchain will never be as secure as the Bitcoin blockchain.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:30:40 PM

I don't to sound defeatist, but this is sounding a bit like the Bitcoin Foundation... an organization created to raise awareness of Bitcoin and other digital currencies might not be seen with good eyes from now on. Anyways, you can try and prove us all wrong, by making something amazing!

And BTW, search for Lighthouse, you might be interested in making a crowdfunding on their platform.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:32:36 PM

Great webpage. Nice design and everything.
I like it. It is also for a good cause, I completely agree this is just the very begining of digtal currency.
Things will change drastically in our lifetime.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:16:02 PM

Nice project!
I wish you keep growing and successing because these projects are the ones that make bitcoin enviroment bigger  Cheesy
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:44:26 PM

It is not really surprising that big banks will come up with their own blockchain.. and probably countries too if it really becomes clear this is the future... and then none of the current cryptocurrencies will ever really make it as anything but inspiration.

I would blame the altcoin idea altogether. Bitcoin is a fabulous idea and although things seemingly have progressed fast, they could have been much faster without the division of energy and funding on the side of developers and money people - and without the confusion on the user side.

IF there was bitcoin - and only bitcoin... and it got a quick leader position - then later altcurrencies backed by banks or countries would have a hard (or harder) time.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 03:11:16 PM

Just received an email from the Digital Currency Alliance in regards to a post on their blog about the state of the banks in Greece.

Not to sure how I feel about this..... I subscribed so I could be kept up to date on developments at the DCA and not to receive bitcoin related news in my inbox. I understand that blog items are mailed to subscribers but this was not what I signed up for.

Will unsubscribe and guess I'll lose track of the DCA over the months to come...
hayabusa911

Activity: 369

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:39:40 PM

I like what you're trying to do but your site has a very "WIX" Flash feel going on. If you want any help with web design let me know and I'll help you free of charge. You might have a rough time with Google SEO if you keep your site this way. PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: