Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner stopped Mining?  (Read 655 times)
Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:38:42 PM

OK, I am a new miner of just over two days (I'll post in the introduce yourself section in a bit). For the second day in a row, I have come home and have apparently not been mining anything from a little after I left the computer the night before.

Yesterday, I just figured the computer had gone to sleep so I set it to never sleep. Today I got home and pyminer had something about a communications problem in the status bar, my hash rate was saying 998GH/s (I wish, normally 126M). My pool page shows no blocks submitted during that time. Internet was accessible. The standby mode for the monitor is set at 10 minutes. Could that be causing it? This is on Windows 7 with a 6770.

I restarted pyminer and it appears to be running normally. If it did do any work during that time, it's gone Sad

Thanks

BTCMiners.net

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 12:15:40 AM

OK, I am a new miner of just over two days (I'll post in the introduce yourself section in a bit). For the second day in a row, I have come home and have apparently not been mining anything from a little after I left the computer the night before.

Yesterday, I just figured the computer had gone to sleep so I set it to never sleep. Today I got home and pyminer had something about a communications problem in the status bar, my hash rate was saying 998GH/s (I wish, normally 126M). My pool page shows no blocks submitted during that time. Internet was accessible. The standby mode for the monitor is set at 10 minutes. Could that be causing it? This is on Windows 7 with a 6770.

I restarted pyminer and it appears to be running normally. If it did do any work during that time, it's gone Sad

Thanks

Are you solo mining or with a pool?  Also, are you overclocking your GPU? Perhaps too much?  Initially when I overclocked my GPU to find the sweet spot with small tweaks, I would go over a hair and it would crash the drivers and result in my mining 60 some odd GH/s which obviously was wrong.  Perhaps you're in the same boat I was in with the overclock situation and mining solo?

Buy Cloud Hashing! $8.50 USD per GH/s!  [32.231 TH/s] Remaining
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329674.20  -- www.BTCMiners.net
Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:59:32 AM

I'm mining in a pool for now. I think this may be network card related. I have disabled the power saving option on it and will see how that goes.

The card is stock setup.

BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:26:57 AM

I'm mining in a pool for now. I think this may be network card related. I have disabled the power saving option on it and will see how that goes.

The card is stock setup.

Very likely could be a number of things, especially if any part of your computer goes to sleep during non-use; it's likely for sure that when you come back and it, "restarts" from its suspended state (i.e, network card, hdd, etc..) that it will throw out an odd reading on your hash rate.

Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:23:07 PM

Happening again. Grrr. I think the RJ45 might be sliding out of the socket as it reconnected when I pushed it back in this morning. The little spring clip had been squashed flat and broke off when I tried bending it back. Guess I will be re-crimping tonight.

BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 05:24:47 PM

Happening again. Grrr. I think the RJ45 might be sliding out of the socket as it reconnected when I pushed it back in this morning. The little spring clip had been squashed flat and broke off when I tried bending it back. Guess I will be re-crimping tonight.

Doh!  -1 Internetz with cable unplugged.  Tongue

Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:54:26 PM

Oh, it was still plugged. It had just worked out far enough to break contact I think. It's been running all day so far but there's no reason it should have worked its way out. Thermal expansion contraction and/or spring loading maybe.

BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:01:26 PM

Oh, it was still plugged. It had just worked out far enough to break contact I think. It's been running all day so far but there's no reason it should have worked its way out. Thermal expansion contraction and/or spring loading maybe.

I'd be getting it re-crimped haha, I personally don't like the fact when there is a loose network cable coming out of anything. Giggity. Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: