Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Bitmit?  (Read 2783 times)
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:36:57 AM

Hey guys, I recently started using Bitmit to list my products. Just wondering how many of you guys out there are using it? Also what are your opinions on it and are there any better options currently available?

Listing my products on both my website All Things Luxury (http://www.allthingsluxury.biz) and Bitmit, but looking for some more options. Thanks!

helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:49:42 AM

How long have you had your listings on there for? I don't know of any other viable auction website.
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:43:08 AM

Just started a little less than a week ago. It definitely seems to have a lot of traffic. I am working on getting all my items up. I have over 400 skus, so should be good growth for the auction site.

HeavySteel

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:07:27 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2012, 04:50:17 PM by HeavySteel

I've been using it for a few weeks and Bitmit rocks!  It is just a matter of time before it becomes the eBay for bitcoins.

I am selling Walmart, Target, and Amazon gift cards as well as Amazon claim codes.  Only for the US market though.

Sample items for sale:
http://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?q=amazon+claim+code

Using Bitmit does a good job tracking feedback and doing business with reputable buyers and sellers.  It's escrow feature makes it safer to do business (e.g. buying and selling gift cards) there instead of here in a forum.
lvt

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:26:12 AM

I have a DSi listed up there and GTA 4 for PS3.

some other things I don't remember off the top of my head but it's like people completely ignore the old listings and only view the newer stuff.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:38:10 PM

some other things I don't remember off the top of my head but it's like people completely ignore the old listings and only view the newer stuff.

You mean like in real life?
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:40:00 PM

I'm a big fan of BitMit and think it works pretty well.

MarkOST

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:41:52 AM

Bitmit actually gets traffic? !

Awww I wish I'd put more faith into when I was started selling a bunch of stuff on ebay. Would of much rather of went for the bitcoin instead of usd.
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 01:28:36 AM

We've sold a number of items on there. It definitely gets a decent amount of traffic. I really honestly also could see it becoming the eBay of bitcoins, really it already is, just not the traffic.

Only a fraction of our products are on there at the moment, but we plan on adding much more to help add some more items to the site.

warbdan

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:19:14 AM

I just started using it the other day. It's pretty easy to use and I really like it's features. I think it's more user friendly than fleabay even. Of course, the best part is being able to accept bitcoins!
lvt

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:13:41 AM

You mean like in real life?

yes.

bought the DSi on amazon and realized I gave my R4 card to my ex's sister a couple years ago.
Has everything I got with it, stylus, charger, in pretty good condition.
Bitznbitz

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:44:49 AM

I'll have to look at that site again, I was afraid it wasn't getting traffic, like others here have said.
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

Bitmit works great. Some interesting info that the owner of Bitmit recently posted in a Reddit comment:

Last month we changed the policy to an escrow force for new sellers. (In fact almost all offers on Bitmit are with escrow now). That works very very well. Before that date we had a few issues with scammers who sold without escrow & naive buyers.

Successful fraudulent transactions with escrow are almost against zero.

There is no single order on which the funds of a escrow transaction have not been released to the seller or buyer. There are only 2 cases we really needed to arbitrate to come to a solution. We can conclude that scammers are only a very tiny problem on Bitmit.

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 09:59:41 PM

Another happy BitMit buyer and seller here.

Site works great!
nym

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 10:01:50 PM

Nice site- what steps have you gone to help people trust you?
HeavySteel

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:34:44 PM

I send physical items certified mail in the US -- both confirmation of delivery and returned signed green postcard.  This protects both parties.  I believe this shows the buyers that the seller doesn't want to get screwed either.

For first time buyers, I send each gift card separately so I do not inadvertently forget to include one in the envelope or an untrustworthy buyer claims they didn't get all the cards.  Moreover, certified mail helps protect both buyer and seller from the post office!  Case in point:  I sent two certified items to a buyer and he only got one.  He is an example of a highly trusted and honest buyer because he released the bitcoins from escrow before receiving the 2nd card.  Anyway, I had to file a case to the USPS and the item was delivered next day after being overdue for three.  The next time I went to the same post office to deliver a gift card, a worker I've never seen before was exercising a deep tissue massage with my letter in a nervous manner.  I packed it much better this time to help disguise there was a card inside.  He asked me if it was only documents.  I said yes but was perplexed.  Usually they ask the standard question if there are any hazardous materials, fragile items, etc.  After pasting the green postcard on the letter, he goes into a second round of massaging the entire letter again!

There are stories on the internet with postal workers stealing gift cards from envelopes.  In general, postal workers can be trusted 100%.  It's the few bad apples that spoil the bunch.  These bad apples are looking for holiday and birthday cards as well because they often contain gift cards.  And when I bought a Walmart gift card, a cashier warned me never to send them by mail.  She had hers stolen.
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:28:01 PM

Well for me, I ship on time and keep get back to customers asap. I have a good reputation from a number of review sites. Also I run a registered small business and have my own professional sales site, which can be seen here:

http://www.allthingsluxury.biz

I essentially never have a problem with customers trusting me because of this I believe. We guarantee that our customers will be happy with their order, or we offer a full 100% refund. For smaller uses, it will simply take time to build up the trust with their buyers.

Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:42:19 PM

I've bought quite a bit of stuff on there. Once per day, I'll pretty much scroll though all the recent listings until I get to the last one I've seen. A lot of things are overpriced, but occasionally there is something worth it.
HolyScott

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:12:35 AM

I have a few xbox 360 games up, but have yet to sell anything yet.
HeavySteel

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:38:29 AM

I think Bitmit should advertise its services or market its name alot more.  Word of mouth is good but at this point in time, it's slow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: