Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi probably started a new coin.  (Read 2466 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:39:00 AM

did he lose his private keys
lol, how can you lose the most important thing (private key) to something that you create?!!
sorry but this is honestly the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

This is interesting, let's suppose he did not loose his keys, but instead he lost his wallet. The keys are somewhere on a piece of paper ?!

How hard would it be for him to match the keys to the possibly many addresses that were generated ?

Also how many addresses and/or keys would he have needed to write down on paper ?

Why do you insist on the theory that he lost anything?
Is it so hard to believe that he is just using his bitcoins as store of value and being the firt hodl-er ?

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Skybuck (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:40:15 AM

afaik Satoshi went "dark" when government reached out to Gavin for questioning. And since creating any form of money by a citizen is prohibited, it doesn't surprise me he did just that.

I find this somewhat weird:

1. Creating any form of money by citizen ends the citizen up in jail.

2. Developing said 1 further does not end up citizen in jail ? Smiley

Too funny.

Could be a trap for him though:

1. Legalize bitcoin.

2. Wait till he spends coin.

3. Then say it was all a big fat joke/lie to trap him ! =D
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:46:23 AM

afaik Satoshi went "dark" when government reached out to Gavin for questioning. And since creating any form of money by a citizen is prohibited, it doesn't surprise me he did just that.

I find this somewhat weird:

1. Creating any form of money by citizen ends the citizen up in jail.

2. Developing said 1 further does not end up citizen in jail ? Smiley

Too funny.

Could be a trap for him though:

1. Legalize bitcoin.

2. Wait till he spends coin.

3. Then say it was all a big fat joke/lie to trap him ! =D

There's a big difference between the time bitcoin was created and now, altho even now it's not cristal clear as to what bitcoin should be referred as legally.
Satoshi backed off because the future was unclear, and he didn't want to risk it.
Regarding your trap idea, well, i doubt government would go into such an extent just to make an arrest, there are better ways to do that.

cheers
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:52:50 AM

I don't think you're theory is a thing.  He has invested so much time and "himself" into bitcoin that I think he would rather stick with his creation.  He must be a millionaire.  I can't imagine he would do this for the money and that would be the only reason to start a new alt coin and promote it to succeed.

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:58:05 AM

I don't think you're theory is a thing.  He has invested so much time and "himself" into bitcoin that I think he would rather stick with his creation.  He must be a millionaire.  I can't imagine he would do this for the money and that would be the only reason to start a new alt coin and promote it to succeed.

I know right people love to add more to the plate then what it has, the altcoin industry is down right now, if satoshi hasn't moved any of his wallets why would he create a new coin when he has enough to back up his life with bitcoin.

jorjito25

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:10:58 AM

I'm pretty convince he has.

BurstCoin.

I'm not kidding. This coin has some features that the colored coins will offer, but it still very close to PoW mining. However, PoW and BTC has the problem of power. How much are our natural research are ethical motivated to allocation to mining?

BURST solved that in an amazing way. It stores "plots", created by your GPUs or CPU but only once. When mining those plots are read to see if you a have a solution and my create the next block.

The electricity cost of an HDD is not even comparable to a constantly running ASICs or GPU, an even less so if you are using the computer stays on most of the day.

On the theoretical level, the research done and implemented is stunning. The problem for Burst is funding. They didn't do any crowdfunding or IPO/ICO and all devs and PR efforts have to be paid by donations. But that is not working out. There last major innovation was a true cross-chain transaction, but even if it works perfectly not even a proper PR was writing or circulating.

Very old school. And the way I think Satoshi would do it.

So let Satoshi revolution the world a second-time: help Burst get some VC funding.

And, as I said, I'm not kidding.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:36:53 AM

But I think he is still in btc. Perhaps even fully still.

yep, very likely.

He spent years developing bitcoin and proving it could work, amassed a significant amount of it, when it finally starts to gain recognition he just simply walks away from it?

nah
Very likely just said that to take off the attention. He "switched off" the Satoshi persona and undertook a different pseudonym.

why not? notice like he is not here anymore(one could argue that he isn't here because bitcoin is too big and he is holding a fortune, so he want to stay anon 100%, still can't explain why he was missed long before that happened...) there is a chance that he don't care about bitcoin anymore

so dumping for him would be a good thing, also remember that he say in 20 year bitcoin will be nothing or really big, so he has taken into account the fails of bitcoin, and do you think he is that stupid to "baghold" 1M coins if bitcoin will fail?
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:46:36 PM

so dumping for him would be a good thing, also remember that he say in 20 year bitcoin will be nothing or really big, so he has taken into account the fails of bitcoin, and do you think he is that stupid to "baghold" 1M coins if bitcoin will fail?

He mined the coins on his computer when the difficulty was very low, the electricity costs were therefore insignificant. The real "investment" were the years of unpaid work put into developing bitcoin. He never seeked seed capital or asked for any sort of financial help, so it is safe to assume he was doing fine financially and his main intention was not to enrich himself, unlike all these premine and ICO shitcoins out there nowadays. He believed in the idea and wanted to see it make a wide impact. So no, dumping all his btcs is not a good thing for him.

Besides 1M is just a guesstimate as no one knows for sure which wallets belong to Satoshi. I do believe the bulk of the early mined coins will be left untouched as the purpose was to keep the network running, not hog all the coins. But I think he still has a decent (and fair) amount of it. out of all the btcs that were distributed in the beginning, how do you know some of them did not end up at other wallets that Satoshi had and later used to buy stuff or sell for fiat??

"Satoshi" might even be reading this and chuckling at the idea that he lost all his keys or left bitcoin for a altcoin

How do you find someone who has spent a lifetime covering his tracks?

For some, he was a guardian angel. For others, a ghost, who never quite fit in.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:55:09 PM

He mined the coins on his computer when the difficulty was very low, the electricity costs were therefore insignificant. The real "investment" were the years of unpaid work put into developing bitcoin. He never seeked seed capital or asked for any sort of financial help, so it is safe to assume he was doing fine financially and his main intention was not to enrich himself, unlike all these premine and ICO shitcoins out there nowadays. He believed in the idea and wanted to see it make a wide impact. So no, dumping all his btcs is not a good thing for him.

Besides 1M is just a guesstimate as no one knows for sure which wallets belong to Satoshi. I do believe the bulk of the early mined coins will be left untouched as the purpose was to keep the network running, not hog all the coins. But I think he still has a decent (and fair) amount of it. out of all the btcs that were distributed in the beginning, how do you know some of them did not end up at other wallets that Satoshi had and later used to buy stuff or sell for fiat??

"Satoshi" might even be reading this and chuckling at the idea that he lost all his keys or left bitcoin for a altcoin

How do you find someone who has spent a lifetime covering his tracks?

For some, he was a guardian angel. For others, a ghost, who never quite fit in.

i think you are partially correct, no one can know for sure that satoshi's intentions were not aiming at enriching himself

what if he created the whole bitcoin thing just to take advantage of the early diff, knowing that he will be the only one in the network(maybe it wasn't his intention at first but it could have been grown later on him when he see the potential in price of his creation), and so mining a shitload of coins
mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:00:27 PM

BurstCoin.

So let Satoshi revolution the world a second-time: help Burst get some VC funding.

Every coin out there will be claiming Satoshi invented it next and asking for VC funding on the basis of it. Satoshi never tried to get VC funding for Bitcoin and it's done fine without it. If BurstCoin's so good then it will also do fine without any VC funding. A NXTer already tried claiming Satoshi = BCNext and it didn't work. Claiming Satoshi = BurstCoin dev won't work either.
jorjito25

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:37:58 AM

BurstCoin.

Every coin out there will be claiming Satoshi invented it next and asking for VC funding on the basis of it. Satoshi never tried to get VC funding for Bitcoin and it's done fine without it. If BurstCoin's so good then it will also do fine without any VC funding. A NXTer already tried claiming Satoshi = BCNext and it didn't work. Claiming Satoshi = BurstCoin dev won't work either.

Fun thing is that we will never know. BurstDev is as anonymous as Satoshi was, while he really has no need to be that (if he's not Satochi).
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:49:00 AM

don't think he's spending time and effort on a new digital currency. even if he did, it won't come near to bitcoin as people don't fall for altcoins anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: