Interesting. May Do This! - 20 (83.3%)
Interesting. But No Thanks! - 2 (8.3%)
Neutral on the whole notion! - 0 (0%)
Not Interested at all! Nope! - 1 (4.2%)
WTF is a BTC/LTC Node? - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Instructions using Raspberry Pi 2 1gb ver to run either a BTC or LTC node!  (Read 2540 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:47:54 AM

Just a link to instructions on a BUILD IT YOURSELF .... how to run either a BTC or LTC node on your raspberry pi 2 1gb version (newest)
for those wanting more blinking lights in the basement or are missing the old home miner equipment and desire
to contribute to the decentralization of either network.

Anyway here is the links

http://raspnode.com/about.html   Main Page

http://raspnode.com/diyBitcoin.html  DIY Bitcoin Node Page

http://raspnode.com/diyLitecoin.html DIY Litecoin Node Page

Feel free to take the poll if you want also Smiley

Enjoy!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:18:10 AM

for those wanting more blinking lights in the basement or are missing the old home miner equipment and desire

wow, it is like talking directly to me Kiss even I know how to setup node, I just ordered to Rpi2 and will had some fun next week. thanks for good geeky idea.)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:26:17 PM

wow, it is like talking directly to me Kiss even I know how to setup node, I just ordered to Rpi2 and will had some fun next week. thanks for good geeky idea.)

well if it stops my home miner addiction...got to have something in the basement....my somewhat over the top rigs

won't clutter up the thread with pics but you can look on the link below (2nd titan folder is the newest stuff ...I'm proud of my exhaust fan 25/7 105w or 10 bucks a month elec lol )

http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

but yeah......really addicted to home mining of anything..... once but no miners these days make any kind of sense .... and I sure as heck am never
gonna pre-order anything anymore.....so those titan(s) (who obsessively try to brick themselves at every opportunity) finally reach their 'holy' goal of the blessed state
of doorstops/space heaters...that will pretty much be it

at least with an LTC and BTC node I can 'putty.exe' into something and feel like the old guy in the bleachers at least watching from the sidelines Smiley

(anything to keep me away from wasting elec on a toy miner ...I already assume I will get the who is it bitfury science project for kids and bitcoin adoption
LCD light and combo btc miner....just cause......but then again an't dropping big bucks on miners either ...whatever gets us thru the week w/o asic miners
should start a frigging 'asic anon' thread on here.....alas it will be sad when it all goes poof....) on a good note probably i can squeak the titan(s)  thru winter
on the 'heat' they generate and stall a couple more months if LTC stays above 5 bucks also would also help to postpone the inevitable. Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:35:08 PM

uhh nope, stop using putty for connect to linux terminal, just start using linux instead and ssh to machine directly. Well, I had already tracking number and this waiting is like waiting for new asic miner:))

btw do you think, that you will ever mine again in your basement?
Minerkev

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:13:19 PM

Full nodes should be rewarded like miners! Only cost money and u get nothing for it....thats why there are more miners than nodes
wh00per

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:14:10 AM

Just to run a node? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954279.msg11608311#msg11608311

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:35:14 AM

uhh nope, stop using putty for connect to linux terminal, just start using linux instead and ssh to machine directly. Well, I had already tracking number and this waiting is like waiting for new asic miner:))

btw do you think, that you will ever mine again in your basement?

it says in the instructions (the ones I link to in 1st post) to just enable ssh is that what you mean (don't need putty?) if so I'll just set that (got to watch the screen don't ya know
scroll by....and dream about past miners  i used to have in the basement .........so addicted) Smiley

can't see a way to mine in my basement at 12c kwh electric costs ..i probably can run the knc titan(s) you see in my imgur link below thru MOST of the winter maybe
last winter with just the Jupiter for a bit and the 1 titan till Jan 18th or so I saved on my gas heat budget plan an even within a few cents of 35 bucks a month
over previous gas bills in winter lol Smiley

but beyond that they are now where they want to be (i do not make eye contact with them less they get offended and brick themselves) what they are
destined to become combo space heaters and doorstops

as to mining again i think the only thing i can see that makes any kind of sense (again at a loss in the toy kinda sense) is this

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-light-bulbs-mine-bitcoin/

i guess it is mostly promo/for kids/science kit project kinda push

but then again elec loss or not I'm sure a lot of us will run at least one of these BTC miner bulbs (if legit priced) just to look at it and giggle occasionally

I don't really see anything that makes any kinda sense to miner anything....I'd guess if someone came out with a 'reasonably priced' pow
scrypt miner I could get one ..but when was the last time you saw a reasonably priced any asic product that was not a pre-order etc ....

Thus the bitcoin node and litecoin node project......have to wean myself to the reality that 'home mining is dead' so sad ..... thus my
attempt to soften (ASIC nerd withdrawal syndrome) tm 2015 Smiley

as to giggles here again is my knc asic miner shrine (the knc Jupiter 550gh btc miner is now in 'paper weight' mode holding the bench down in case
the earth's gravity lessens in some manner) Smiley

so drank the kool aid back in 2013....and to think at one time I was a nice sensible fellow Smiley

http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

One a side note: Quite proud of the FAN in the window all metal not junk with the rain hood  etc running 24/7 at 105w it uses like 10 bucks a month at 12c kwh
well worth it for those interested pm me for a link prob was 150 bucks total I think ...but now it is summer may be more for all of it...the fan hood was a coup
in thats hard to find such for a small basement window.

Ondart

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:01:48 AM

In my endeavour support the bitcoin network with a full node and provide a bitcoin node that is accessible to my AntMiners via RPC on my router guest network, I've got a new Raspberry Pi 2 up and running. I'm having trouble and I could use some advice on this make error following the Raspnode instructions. It happens with bitcoind version bitcoin-0.10.0 and also on bitcoin-0.11.0 and I'm running Raspberry Pi 2 (linux version 4.1.9-v7+). I'm pretty frustrated and a bit of a noob on compiling packages.

Here is my problem on the Make:
test/util_tests.cpp:322:5: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
     BOOST_CHECK(ParseInt32("-2147483648", &n) && n == -2147483648);
     ^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/test/unit_test.hpp:19:0,
                 from test/util_tests.cpp:18:
test/util_tests.cpp: In member function ‘void util_tests::test_ParseInt32::test_method()’:
test/util_tests.cpp:322:52: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                    ^
  CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-accounting_tests.o
  CXX      wallet/test/test_test_bitcoin-wallet_tests.o
  CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-rpc_wallet_tests.o
  CXXLD    test/test_bitcoin
./leveldb/libleveldb.a: error adding symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:2746: recipe for target 'test/test_bitcoin' failed
make[2]: *** [test/test_bitcoin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/pripi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Makefile:6459: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pripi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Makefile:622: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

BTC: 171t96czWbGjYrccpgDjjgsD7HS3CCG135
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:45:31 AM

In my endeavour support the bitcoin network with a full node and provide a bitcoin node that is accessible to my AntMiners via RPC on my router guest network, I've got a new Raspberry Pi 2 up and running. I'm having trouble and I could use some advice on this make error following the Raspnode instructions. It happens with bitcoind version bitcoin-0.10.0 and also on bitcoin-0.11.0 and I'm running Raspberry Pi 2 (linux version 4.1.9-v7+). I'm pretty frustrated and a bit of a noob on compiling packages.

Here is my problem on the Make:
test/util_tests.cpp:322:5: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
     ^
test/util_tests.cpp: In member function ‘void util_tests::test_ParseInt32::test_method()’:
test/util_tests.cpp:322:52: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                    ^
  CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-accounting_tests.o
  CXX      wallet/test/test_test_bitcoin-wallet_tests.o
  CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-rpc_wallet_tests.o
./leveldb/libleveldb.a: error adding symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:2746: recipe for target 'test/test_bitcoin' failed
make[2]: *** [test/test_bitcoin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/pripi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Makefile:6459: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pripi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Makefile:622: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So, you said you're a noob, so I'll just try to point out something that may or may not be obvious.  Your error came in the linking part of the make recipe.  The linker (ld) is having a problem with the file format of ./lbeldb/libleveldb.a  .a files are usually meant for static linking, that makes sense, but did you compile libleveldb.a? or was it part of whatever you downloaded?  Are you trying to link a 32 bit library against a 64 bit executable?  Something along those lines is my best guess.
Ondart

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:04:54 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply tspacepilot. I did not compile ./leveldb/libleveldb.a, it was part of the git download . I followed the instructions in this post (raspnode.com) and I also downloaded the git and attempted to follow the instructions provided in the build-unix.md. Here are the relevant components of those build instructions. The result is the same from either attempt. I'm not sure how to tell if I am attempting to link a 32 bit library against a 64 bit exe. I am thinking I am possibly using a package that may be a different version than was used for bitcoin 0.11 but I can't tell how to determine this. I tried this with bitcoin 0.10 also so with the same error. I must have a missing or wrong dependency version to successfully compile it.

My build procedure:
git clone -b 0.11 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.git bitcoin-0.11
cd bitcoin-0.11

Install dependencies:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev

For Ubuntu 12.04 and later or Debian 7 and later libboost-all-dev has to be installed:
   sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
   sudo apt-get update

./autogen.sh
./configure --without-gui --disable-wallet --with-cli
make -j 2

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:00:56 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply tspacepilot. I did not compile ./leveldb/libleveldb.a, it was part of the git download . I followed the instructions in this post (raspnode.com) and I also downloaded the git and attempted to follow the instructions provided in the build-unix.md. Here are the relevant components of those build instructions. The result is the same from either attempt. I'm not sure how to tell if I am attempting to link a 32 bit library against a 64 bit exe. I am thinking I am possibly using a package that may be a different version than was used for bitcoin 0.11 but I can't tell how to determine this. I tried this with bitcoin 0.10 also so with the same error. I must have a missing or wrong dependency version to successfully compile it.

My build procedure:
git clone -b 0.11 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.git bitcoin-0.11
cd bitcoin-0.11

Install dependencies:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev

For Ubuntu 12.04 and later or Debian 7 and later libboost-all-dev has to be installed:
   sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
   sudo apt-get update

./autogen.sh
./configure --without-gui --disable-wallet --with-cli
make -j 2

Right right, so here's the thing, your raspberry pi should be an arm, I can't recall if it's a 32 or 64 bit arm (do 64 bit arms exist?), in any case, to determine your architecture, say "arch" in a terminal.  To see what's going on with that leveldb.a file, you can say something like this: readelf -a -W lib/leveldb.a | head

Another possibility here is that this is a 32 bit library and you need ld-linux.so.2 to load 32-bit libraries.  I'm a little over my head here in trying to explain this stuff because my own understanding is rather rudimentary.  I hope this help you get started.  Basically you need to investigate that file lib/leveldb.a and figure out why it's an "unknown file format".

Ooh, one last idea, if you said you downloaded this, maybe you want to double check the checksums to make sure you download wasn't corrupted.
Ondart

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:34:46 AM

tspacepilot,

Here is the output of the 'arch' command: armv7l. There was no /lib/leveldb.a but running this command on libleveldb.a located in the bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb folder produced the following output:

/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb $ readelf -a -W libleveldb.a | head

File: libleveldb.a(builder.o)
ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, little endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              REL (Relocatable file)

I expect this means it is a 32 bit library. So, in looking for a package for Raspbian I determined I needed the lib6c package as it contains 'ld-linux.so.2' but it shows already installed: 'libc is already the newest version'.

Performing a 'whereis ld-linux.so.2' i get a result of: 'ld-linux.so: /lib/ld-linux.so.3 /usr/share/man/man8/ld-so.8.gz'.

I think this means I have a newer version ld-linux.so.3 and I need ld-linux.so.2. Not sure where to go next but I think this may be on the right track. I expect if this can be resolved, it may help others attempting to install a bitcoin node on Raspberry Pi 2.

-Ondart

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:30:55 AM

Aha, yes, I seem to have hallucinated that slash.  I'm not so sure about what's going on here but I think that ld-linux.so might actually be a red herring.  From what I can tell, you should be compiling libleveldb during the build process.  I'm terrible at reading Makefiles, but if you look in src/leveldb/ you should see a Makefile in there with a rule that builds libleveldb.a  If I were you, I'd do two things:

1) go ahead and cd into src/leveldb/ and do make in there (possibly make clean && make)
2) do some searching to see if you can figure out what sorts of errors cause ld to say "error adding symbols: File format not recognized".

... okay I was too curious so I googled that a bit myself.  All the other people I could find reporting that error seemed to be dealing with Windows in some form or fashion (several where using MinGW (which I think is a UNIX emulation layer for Windows, not sure)), so this makes me think that if you can remake libleveldb and then remake the project and you'll be fine.  But it also makes me wonder how you would have gotten windows versions of a shared library on debian.  Could your compiler be set to i386 somehow instead of arm?

EDIT: but then again, we can see that this is a 32 bit ELF, not a windows exe, so I'm totally perplexed.  In any case, I don't think that ld-linux.so is relevant, sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase there.

Anyway, I'm not an expert in this stuff, sorry I don't have a ready-made answer for you.

I happen to have a raspberri pi myself, if you're still stuck after trying again I'd be willing to clone bitcoin-core on it and try to build it.

tspacepilot,

Here is the output of the 'arch' command: armv7l. There was no /lib/leveldb.a but running this command on libleveldb.a located in the bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb folder produced the following output:

/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb $ readelf -a -W libleveldb.a | head

File: libleveldb.a(builder.o)
ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, little endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              REL (Relocatable file)

I expect this means it is a 32 bit library. So, in looking for a package for Raspbian I determined I needed the lib6c package as it contains 'ld-linux.so.2' but it shows already installed: 'libc is already the newest version'.

Performing a 'whereis ld-linux.so.2' i get a result of: 'ld-linux.so: /lib/ld-linux.so.3 /usr/share/man/man8/ld-so.8.gz'.

I think this means I have a newer version ld-linux.so.3 and I need ld-linux.so.2. Not sure where to go next but I think this may be on the right track. I expect if this can be resolved, it may help others attempting to install a bitcoin node on Raspberry Pi 2.

-Ondart

Ondart

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:11:55 AM

Holy Moly Batman! Success! You rock tspacepilot. I followed your advice and confirmed the Makefile in src/leveldb/ with a rule that builds libleveldb.a. I changed directory to /src/leveldb/ and successfully performed a make clean && make. I ran the configure script './configure –without-gui –disable-wallet – with-cli' successfully and then performed the Make. I confirmed it with a 'make check' with the following results. I was then able to perform a 'sudo make install' successfully. bitcoind runs successfully and I see it beginning to sync. I am so curious on why leveldb did not automatically compile in the first place.

I am going to clone the ~/.bitcoind folder from my Ubuntu workstation and see if I can get it fully synced next. My plan is to place my Raspberry Pi Headless Bitcoin Node on my router Guest network and open a forwarding port to allow Seeding the Blockchain. I am also curious if my Miners will be able to gain anything beneficial with the ability to directly RPC to my full node.

Here is the end of my successful make. It's got some warnings that I am not sure are a problem or not:

CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-univalue_tests.o
  CXX      test/test_test_bitcoin-util_tests.o
     ^
                                                    ^
  AR       libbitcoin_server.a
  AR       univalue/libbitcoin_univalue.a
  AR       libbitcoin_util.a
  CXXLD    bitcoind
  CXXLD    bitcoin-cli
  CXXLD    bitcoin-tx
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[1]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'

Here is the result of my successful make check:

make check
Making check in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Building LevelDB ...
make[3]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
make[3]: 'libleveldb.a' is up to date.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
make  check-TESTS check-local
make[3]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[4]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Building LevelDB ...
make[5]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
make[5]: 'libleveldb.a' is up to date.
make[5]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
PASS: test/test_bitcoin
make[5]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[6]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Building LevelDB ...
make[7]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
make[7]: 'libleveldb.a' is up to date.
make[7]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/leveldb'
make[6]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
============================================================================
Testsuite summary for Bitcoin Core 0.11.1
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
make[4]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
Running test/bitcoin-util-test.py...
make[4]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
  CC       src/tests-tests.o
  CCLD     tests
make  check-TESTS
make[5]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
make[6]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
PASS: tests
make[7]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
make[7]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
Testsuite summary for libsecp256k1 0.1
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
make[6]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src/secp256k1'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11/src'
make[1]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'
make  check-local
make[2]: Entering directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'check-local'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/pi/BTC/work/bitcoin-0.11'

I really appreciate your assistance tspacepilot. I have been researching this problem for about two weeks and I have learned a lot. I am going to put together my procedures for installing bitcoind 0.11 headless on a Raspberrt Pi 2 post them next.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:47:54 AM

Holy Moly Batman! Success! You rock tspacepilot. I followed your advice and confirmed the Makefile in src/leveldb/ with a rule that builds libleveldb.a. I changed directory to /src/leveldb/ and successfully performed a make clean && make. I ran the configure script './configure –without-gui –disable-wallet – with-cli' successfully and then performed the Make. I confirmed it with a 'make check' with the following results. I was then able to perform a 'sudo make install' successfully. bitcoind runs successfully and I see it beginning to sync. I am so curious on why leveldb did not automatically compile in the first place.

[snip]

I really appreciate your assistance tspacepilot. I have been researching this problem for about two weeks and I have learned a lot. I am going to put together my procedures for installing bitcoind 0.11 headless on a Raspberrt Pi 2 post them next.

Glad to hear about your success, man!
w40ut

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:28:41 PM

Didn't knew this. Thanks.
I have a raspberry pi 2 b+

Regards.
Ondart

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:19:17 PM

I've posted a complete set of procedures here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219378.0

-Ondart

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:13:04 AM

I've posted a complete set of procedures here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219378.0

-Ondart

Thanks I started this thread and I have not even got my btc nor ltc nodes up yet (I am so ashamed)

Anything that helps me or others get off the couch and get this done is appreciated Smiley

ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:52:41 PM

Full nodes should be rewarded like miners! Only cost money and u get nothing for it....thats why there are more miners than nodes

I think this point is from the base idea not bad, but if all nodes get a reward we will have a problem in the network because of botnets and other systems* to abbuse the node-reward. Node running is in fact nothing big. With 40 USD and standard network connection you can build a full node in no time.

* i see big server farms with many many virtualized nodes on each rack. people will start building nodes instead than mining...  Undecided

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: