Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This 'Doubling' has me feeling funny..  (Read 338 times)
spartacusrex (OP)

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:05:46 AM

Yes - I know there have been far too many threads about whether - to double or not to double.. the Blocksize. DA-DA!

This is not a thread about that.

It's about this.

You can check my profile to see I've been around this forum a couple of years (and an extra year as a long time lurker before I joined.. Tongue)

I always have BTCTalk open on one of my browser tabs, and if I'm honest, must check it, almost religiously, every 30 mins.. Yep, I got it bad.

So I like to think I am up on current events. I'm a programmer, and have written a crypto exchange and so feel I can say I understand the tech', pretty well.

Which is why this whole "Keeping it to 1MB blocks' has me so perplexed..

I 'thought' everybody 'thought' that the blocksize was obviously going to increase. I never even questioned it really, nor was I aware of any disagreement on the matter.

And now that the time has come to do something about 'something', the Core team, the Ubers of Bitcoin, who have wholeheartedly earned my respect and, if I may, admiration, are saying : 

' NO! - this isn't for you. Step away. It's sidechains for you in the future.. ' ..  Sad

More worrying, are they right !? Who knows more about this stuff than these guys ? Seriously, I'm going to tell them, '..errr.. Guys, I think you're wrong...'

Gavin is. And good on him. But is he right !?

And now, as I float around in confusion, I start to think :

IF it is the case, that Bitcoin cannot be used by me and my fellow humans in the future, as only super large Uber txns will be allowed/affordable, and the rest of us must use ANY third party for ANYTHING.. Hasn't it failed ?  Cry ..

This has me feeling funny, about the 'Doubling'.

Life is Code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: