Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Liberland chose Bitcoins?  (Read 1773 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:29:48 AM

Liberland is still a thing? I thought it was more of an announcement than anything. Did anyone actually move there?

Either way the micronation is too irrelevant to have much effect on the nature of Bitcoin.

it was never an announcement or a joke, it does exist, but i can't think how a nation so small can protect itself from thieves and stuff like that when they have not even police there

and while it's true that they cannot impact the bitcoin price so much , what is really matter is that they could start a chain of new mini nation adopting bitcoin in the future, this is the important aspect of it
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:18:35 AM

Your description of post answers your questions itself. They chose bitcoin because they were bitcoin fanatics, they chose bitcoin because it wouldn't affect their economy as their economy is small (affect in case of price change) and they are a micro nation. I appreciate their love for bitcoin and it would great to see bigger countries slowly adopt bitcoin too. FUCK DA CENTRALIZED SYSTEM!

I think they are not building a country, but it just a community of bitcoin fanatics. Its hard for big countries to adopt bitcoin, which the government only legalized it. They still prefer to fiat than bitcoin as the currency, because like you said, its centralized system, so they have full control on fiat. In bitcoin, the government can't do anything to control it.

Yeah, I can't see a legit reason for them to build a country any way. They have no fucking future plans or agendas personally which do not involve bitcoin lol. But considering that they are the first one to adopt decentralized system of currency, I am happy and hope this country expands even more. The more trade, the better for the bitcoin community lol Wink
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:06:32 PM

Liberland is still a thing? I thought it was more of an announcement than anything. Did anyone actually move there?

Either way the micronation is too irrelevant to have much effect on the nature of Bitcoin.

it was never an announcement or a joke, it does exist, but i can't think how a nation so small can protect itself from thieves and stuff like that when they have not even police there

and while it's true that they cannot impact the bitcoin price so much , what is really matter is that they could start a chain of new mini nation adopting bitcoin in the future, this is the important aspect of it

If they think they can call 7 people living on a land, a god damn country, you think they are worried about police? Don't worry about thieves, they have all of their money on their bitcoin wallets do the thieves don't have any fiat money to steal anyway. No worries in the criminal department I guess, most peaceful country in this world Tongue
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:14:28 PM

it make sense for them to choose something new that is decentralized, as a currency and not corrupted fiat money that are owned by another authority, since they nation is called "Liberland"

Totally agree, guess Liberland wants to live up to it's name. We need to applaud its guts to embrace it totally and free itself from decentralized currency. Bitcoins seems to be easy to access and the best part is it side tracks the authority of these governmental bodies who for their vested interests play golf with public money. Scoundrels!

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:41:46 PM

it make sense for them to choose something new that is decentralized, as a currency and not corrupted fiat money that are owned by another authority, since they nation is called "Liberland"

Totally agree, guess Liberland wants to live up to it's name. We need to applaud its guts to embrace it totally and free itself from decentralized currency. Bitcoins seems to be easy to access and the best part is it side tracks the authority of these governmental bodies who for their vested interests play golf with public money. Scoundrels!

You can actually applaud all of its population in person too, as its not much than 7-8 people Tongue Yeah, its a nice move by them bitcoin enthusiasts, what would really take a different turn would be to see them lads expand their country and build a real economy. I wish it turns out to be more than just a publicity scheme and actually becomes a real thing y'know.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:20:37 PM

Lol! I don't agree that the euro would've been a better option given the current situation.

If they were to choose the euro or us dollar, then they would be at the whim of their respective central banks. The european central bank could print lots of euro and crash the euros price, in essence they would be under their control if they did that. The only way a nation like liberland could remain free would need to have its own currency or use one that isn't issued by a central authority.

Euro is complete shit and that has been proved on a national level. The US dollar is already controlled by a central authority and using centralized currency would get them to stay on a leash. Bitcoin as a national currency could be the best possible decision but Satoshi as prime minister is a rumor hahaha.

Despite the eurozone scandal, I wouldn't call it complete shit, but yes it is barely nothing in comparison of bitcoin. As the country is small in size, it is wise for them to choose the bitcoin currency. The adoption and trade in market also increase due to this. ALTHOUGH, Satoshi as Prime minister? HAHAHAHA. Oh god, where do you guys all this kind of fake rumors?!

If I were Liberland I would allow the use of Bitcoin for import export but also create my own parallel digital currency with a finite amount of coins which would really boost the economy because being a digital currency of one country it would enable locals to be encouraged to save more which would drive up the price as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:22:21 PM

If they think they can call 7 people living on a land, a god damn country, you think they are worried about police? Don't worry about thieves, they have all of their money on their bitcoin wallets do the thieves don't have any fiat money to steal anyway. No worries in the criminal department I guess, most peaceful country in this world Tongue

And then, what will they do after build a country? Are they planning to build the shops that accept bitcoin too? They are just 7 people, and their president is being arrested by Croatia police. Do we need a passport if we want to visit the country?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:41:09 PM

"Liberland" does not have a population of 7.
It has a population of 0 by any meaningful standard.
It is not a nation.
It does not possess any territory whatsoever, not 3 sq mi, not a single sq ft, nothing.
It does not have a government.
It does not have an economy.
It does not have a currency.
It's a joke like all those self-proclaimed micro nations.
Please stop even dreaming about such nonsense.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:10:43 PM

"Liberland" does not have a population of 7.
It has a population of 0 by any meaningful standard.
It is not a nation.
It does not possess any territory whatsoever, not 3 sq mi, not a single sq ft, nothing.
It does not have a government.
It does not have an economy.
It does not have a currency.
It's a joke like all those self-proclaimed micro nations.
Please stop even dreaming about such nonsense.

uhm that's the point of that joke nation...

they also recieved 20k applications , i've read that they are 50 people for now

their currency is bitcoin apaprently, at least they said so
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:16:05 PM

they also recieved 20k applications , i read that they are 50 people for now
Micro nations are fun projects. As is the naming of stars, the sale of lunar property or the sale of "Lord" titles in Scotland.
Whatever "they" (in fact a guy and his girlfriend) say, is irrelevant to the question of whether "Liberland" is a nation or not.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
GiocareHost (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:27:16 PM

they also recieved 20k applications , i read that they are 50 people for now
Micro nations are fun projects. As is the naming of stars, the sale of lunar property or the sale of "Lord" titles in Scotland.
Whatever "they" (in fact a guy and his girlfriend) say, is irrelevant to the question of whether "Liberland" is a nation or not.
If Liberland has a new Hitler than this micronation can occupy the whole Globe  Grin
Of course they cant create there own army and start a World War 3
But they have a full potential to declare a Cyber War.
7km2 is enough to hold thousands of Supercomputers and Hackers(Crackers  Tongue)
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 01:48:05 PM

If Liberland has a new Hitler than this micronation can occupy the whole Globe  Grin
Of course they cant create there own army and start a World War 3
But they have a full potential to declare a Cyber War.
7km2 is enough to hold thousands of Supercomputers and Hackers(Crackers  Tongue)

They have potential to do that, but I don't know exactly if they have build some infrastructures there or not yet. About cyber war, why the hackers should go to Liberland since they can do what they want everywhere with their computers. There is nothing that can make them be interested to join in that country.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
protot

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:28:18 PM

Hey guys, I was at the Liberland Settlement Association Headquarters recently and can say there are significant steps being made with both Serbia and Croatia toward recognition. Also there are South American countries who are on board and ready to recognize Liberland and will do so in a coordinated manner.

Furthermore, I can't say for sure, but there is a rumor going around that there would be a Liberland PoS coin, and that they would be linked to passports in some way. Idk how that would work though.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:45:52 PM

Hey guys, I was at the Liberland Settlement Association Headquarters recently and can say there are significant steps being made with both Serbia and Croatia toward recognition. Also there are South American countries who are on board and ready to recognize Liberland and will do so in a coordinated manner.

Furthermore, I can't say for sure, but there is a rumor going around that there would be a Liberland PoS coin, and that they would be linked to passports in some way. Idk how that would work though.

A liberland PoS coin? Liberland is on its micro-nation bullshit zone, making its own rules and regulations like a boss, leading an anarchy of 50 people expanding their country from 7 people to 50 Tongue Proud of them, atleast they are repping bitcoin proudly, using it as the national currency at the moment, that's awesome Cheesy
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:20:23 PM

Why liberland chose Bitcoins as there national currency?
Liberland is a micro-nation that got established this year in April.
They had better options(Euro,dollars) but why bitcoins?
Are they trying to prove something?
P.S There have been rumors saying"Satoshi Nakamoto will be declared as the PM of liberland"  Cheesy

There can be million of reasons but I think because the only resident of Liberland is a bitcoiner. He loves bitcoin, cannot create a Central Bank (beyond the fact that this is very boring for him) to produce its currency and vuala. We have bitcoin. No one can stop me to adopt it as a national currency. Is produced by everyone in the world, can be found without problem in every moment and it is a good money (in this way is told). I'm wondering how he do to buy its bread.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: