Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bitcoin dev's are helping to kill bitcoin  (Read 3372 times)
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:58:35 PM

Excuse my language here, but this need's to be said:

Fuckin idiot's, why do I have to rebuild the index everytime my pc shut's down? I have never been able to use my wallet ever since this was FORCED onto bitcoin user's like myself. I am sick to death HOPING the wallet will sync before I have to rebuild AGAIN. As for expecting those user's of xp to update, when some of us get updates until 2019 at least.. which in turn is FORCED upon us by creating new ways making old wallets un-useable in older client's, all I can say, is a big fuck off to the lamest programmer's on the planet, I just deleted 120 bitcoin's, have a nice fuckin day, and please, when you rot in hell, do it fuckin slowly, as slow as this fuckin re-indexing bullshit.. the dev's killed bitcoin, no-one else!!!

As I said before, over 30 fuckin update's and NOTHING has been fixed.. That's what killed bitcoin for me.. and I wont be the last.. still dropping in price?

Don say I neva eva warned ya's

Avoid bitcoin like the plague.

It's run by theif's and scammer's who want the bitcoin value increased by getting rid of anyone external to this fuckin shite site, using an app that has been messed with so many time's, I wonder why people bother..

Tata.. re-index that, idiot dev's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 05:18:52 PM

Breathe in........ breathe out........breathe in.......  Grin

Clearly they have ****** you off....

mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Dont know what wallet you use...my bitcoin-qt is running nice and smooth.
Who steals your coins? The bitcoin-devs? Whom do you mean?
Dont know what you are talking about....

Actually the rate is not going down since quite some time. And the rate has nothing to do with your technical problems.
Bitcoin does function well and is well.
Sure there are scammers hanging around the traders scene but the bitcoin-protocol works fine and I would give the initial developper the nobel prize for this genius invention.

Maybe you should describe your problem better...or simply use electrum and not bitcoin-qt

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 05:26:22 PM

First of all, nothing was ever forced on you. There are several wallets you can choose from, you don't need to use Bitcoin Core.

Now onto fixing your problem. The problem is that you are not allowing Bitcoin Core to shutdown properly. If you simply shutdown your computer, I think it will just terminate the process (doesn't happen on windows 7 but probably does on windows xp). By simply terminating the process for Bitcoin Core, you are corrupting the databases. These need to be shutdown properly. To close Bitcoin Core properly, you must open up the client, go to File > Exit. Then wait for the little window that pops up to go away. This ensures that Bitcoin Core exited properly and that the databases won't be corrupted. Of course, I don't see this problem with Windows 7 because I think it will close each application through the application's shutdown, but windows xp might simply terminate the process.

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:53:15 PM

First of all, nothing was ever forced on you. There are several wallets you can choose from, you don't need to use Bitcoin Core.

Now onto fixing your problem. The problem is that you are not allowing Bitcoin Core to shutdown properly. If you simply shutdown your computer, I think it will just terminate the process (doesn't happen on windows 7 but probably does on windows xp). By simply terminating the process for Bitcoin Core, you are corrupting the databases. These need to be shutdown properly. To close Bitcoin Core properly, you must open up the client, go to File > Exit. Then wait for the little window that pops up to go away. This ensures that Bitcoin Core exited properly and that the databases won't be corrupted. Of course, I don't see this problem with Windows 7 because I think it will close each application through the application's shutdown, but windows xp might simply terminate the process.

I think I know this, but this was NOT always the case, I used bitcoin for years, shutting it down whenever I felt like, and as long as the small window appeared, yes I reckon I know how to shut it down, the reason I use core version is to mine from home, and the fact that the dev's are ignoring xp, still used by the majority of people I know.. yes, updates to xp are still available up to 2019 at least.. I cant even copy the damn error report contents window, what's the point in that? I can however say the fault seems incompatibility issues with msvcrt.dll, causing bitcoin to crash, and hence the problem, created by ignoring xp. BItcoin dev's.. FORCING updates through changes in the origional concept.. the origional worked, the latest is like firefox, full of bloat and getting more useless by the hour.

Thanks for killing bitcoin for me, and my wallet. Now why on earth I would want to use some third party wallet, when we all know what third party here means, you lose your bitcoin's, one way or the other.. now same is true from the app we're SUPPOSED to TRUST.
mr.relax

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:36:12 PM

So just install a linux and you wont have to rely on any commercial product.
And bitcoin-qt runs smoooth on it. Just only because of security concerns i would never use XP until now.

JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:20:59 PM

Don't feed the troll.

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 09:26:59 PM

Excuse my language here, but this need's to be said:

Fuckin idiot's, why do I have to rebuild the index everytime my pc shut's down? I have never been able to use my wallet ever since this was FORCED onto bitcoin user's like myself. I am sick to death HOPING the wallet will sync before I have to rebuild AGAIN. As for expecting those user's of xp to update, when some of us get updates until 2019 at least.. which in turn is FORCED upon us by creating new ways making old wallets un-useable in older client's, all I can say, is a big fuck off to the lamest programmer's on the planet, I just deleted 120 bitcoin's, have a nice fuckin day, and please, when you rot in hell, do it fuckin slowly, as slow as this fuckin re-indexing bullshit.. the dev's killed bitcoin, no-one else!!!

As I said before, over 30 fuckin update's and NOTHING has been fixed.. That's what killed bitcoin for me.. and I wont be the last.. still dropping in price?

Don say I neva eva warned ya's

Avoid bitcoin like the plague.

It's run by theif's and scammer's who want the bitcoin value increased by getting rid of anyone external to this fuckin shite site, using an app that has been messed with so many time's, I wonder why people bother..

Tata.. re-index that, idiot dev's.

BTC is open source you can build it from source http://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/ also you can check line by line the source to be sure..

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 02:09:40 PM

Hey man... Losing some Bitcoins must have tampered your senses... I know how hard it is to lose some coins or even to be hacked... You are not the only one to whom this has happened and you sure will not be the last...
If you use Bitcoin for some years you should have known all of its deficiencies and dangers. And... in your case I don't even know how didn't you backed up u'r files...
More,.... why should you keep that whole lot of BTC in just one wallet...
You should never leave all of your eggs in the same basket!

either way, I whish you best of luck!
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:46:51 PM

I didn't get the part about deleting 120 BTC.
Did you do that on purpose? If so, than thanks, for making my Bitcoin worth more. If you did it on accident: Have you ever heard about backing up important things?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:52:35 PM

Bitcoin is still an experiment and like all the other things in this life ... it's not 'perfect'. However we can be glorious because we are a part of this experiment, and maybe one day I/we can tell this story to our son and grandchildren.

If you don't like bitcoin ... simple don't use it Wink.

Have a great day,

redsn0w
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:30:07 PM

Pay a bit attention to the top line on every page: News: ♦♦♦ If you are using any wallet other than Bitcoin Core 0.10.x or 0.9.5, then you should not trust incoming transactions until they have ~30 confirmations. More info.

Your all just a bunch o loser's who know nothing about you being scammed.. just cause I deleted 120 btc does not make it go up in value, in fact, it fell.. Again. If it was'nt for the wallet being corrupted by the software dev's.. hey, just re-build app from scource.. what difference will that make? None if they want all the bitcoin's.. why FORCE us to use only the latest version? Because it suit's the dev's, who are clearly not interested in fixing any bug that has been there since the very first edition of the software.. suffer scum bag scammer's, the world's onto ya.. so is the isp.. ban p2p, kill bitcoin, if that dont work, leave it to the dev's..

Psst, 1 and a half million for a website? I'd sack them if it was'nt up by now.. scammed, the lot o ya.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:42:18 PM

probably the 120 bitcoins are not lost, just stuck and can be freed easily if you ask nicely. Also, XP is probably not the right platform to run qt.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:44:14 PM

Oh, it's this guy again.   Roll Eyes

Nothing to see here.  OP is completely off his rocker.  Check his feedback and post history, including the 15+ (!!!) negative feedback comments left for me in a single day.

He just makes up crap and tries to take everyone else down due to his own ignorance.  He was already recently banned for several months.  I wouldn't take a word of this seriously.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:29:01 PM

Fuckin idiot's, why do I have to rebuild the index everytime my pc shut's down?

dude, you should finally realize, that bitcoin core is not desktop application anymore. it consumes lot of disk space, bandwidth or cpu and you can simply avoid all this using electrum or multibit.

next time just educate yourself little bit before verbally attacking guys, which are obviously smarter than you..
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 07:47:06 AM

dude, you should finally realize, that bitcoin core is not desktop application anymore. it consumes lot of disk space, bandwidth or cpu and you can simply avoid all this using electrum or multibit.
next time just educate yourself little bit before verbally attacking guys, which are obviously smarter than you..
This isn't fair or correct.

Bitcoin Core should work fine for Decksperiment, it shouldn't even mind his poor attitude.

But it's not-- even though it works fine for many many other people--, unfortunately Decksperiment has not provided enough useful information to begin troubleshooting, and his approach doesn't exactly encourage anyone competent to try to help.

If you're on windows and running the latest version, then I suggest running memtest86 and some disk check-- defective hardware is a common cause of issues. If you have antivirus software some of it is known to corrupt Bitcoin, you should disable it or except the Bitcoin directories.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:27:05 PM

This isn't fair or correct.
Bitcoin Core should work fine for Decksperiment, it shouldn't even mind his poor attitude.

well for sure, bitcoin core should work for everybody, even for rude guys like OP.

in other hand...you are still considering Bitcoin Core as Desktop application? Maybe something changed recently, but I still remember, that after each reboot was my 4 years old laptop ~30 minutes almost unusable, because core start syncing blocks from previous day and I didn't have SSD back in the time:)
mr.relax

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:20:50 PM

I dont have problems with using my old laptop while sync but it eats my slim internetbandwith while doing(~10min). So I use to start daily with my offline-work.

altcoinex

Activity: 293

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 08:01:37 PM

Please take a look at OP's post history before attempting to engage in a constructive conversation or debate with him. The fact he mentions the price going down at the same time it was starting to rise from the Greece fallout should be indication enough of his intentions with this post. Thread should be move to general discussion imo.

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:47:10 PM

in other hand...you are still considering Bitcoin Core as Desktop application? Maybe something changed recently, but I still remember, that after each reboot was my 4 years old laptop ~30 minutes almost unusable, because core start syncing blocks from previous day and I didn't have SSD back in the time:)
Well you called out the reason there-- not having an SSD.  I run bitcoin core on a battery life optimized ultra light laptop and never notice it running.  That its a fine desktop application doesn't mean that it's super awesome on a 4 year old non-ssd enabled laptop. The much larger blocks these days do require more work to catch up on, but the software is also quite a bit faster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: