Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin (DVC) Lottery based on the German 6 out of 49 System  (Read 1704 times)
Kumala (OP)

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:36:04 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 06:44:08 AM by Kumala

Devcoin (DVC) Lottery based on the German 6 out of 49 System

https://dvc-lotto.com

Bet using your DVCs on the official results of the German 6 out of 49 Lottery System. Every Saturday evening at 22:00 (UTC+1), the numbers are drawn, the event can be watched on TV.

The service will be available from 24th September onwards. The first 100 registered users will receive 50,000 DVC for free.

How does the system work?
You pick 6 numbers between 1 and 49, and one number between 0 and 9. You win based on how many of the numbers you picked match the weekly draw rsults.

How are the winning amounts calculated?
We take the total collected bets, subtract our fees for the service (5%) and distribute the remaining amount to the winners. The details of the quota calculation are documented on our web page. It is based on the official Lottery calculation schema.

How do you ensure transparency of the payouts?
Bets can be placed till 18:00 (German time). You can download the list of all bets placed from the web page prior to the draw, hence allowing you to verify our quota calculation and pay out amounts.

Fees?
One bet costs 10,000 DVC. We charge 5% fees.

Early announcement: We will release the same service for Bitcoins soon after.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:55:30 PM

Early announcement: We will release the same service for Bitcoins soon after.
Maybe Litecoin also Smiley ? will be happy to play this game with LTC Smiley

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:07:11 PM

If there is sufficient interest, I will put up the Litecoin version too.

Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 02:26:50 PM

If there is sufficient interest

I'm almost sure there is Smiley

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:13:40 AM

A couple of users contacted me regarding the low fee per bet (1,000 DVC). What do you think about a higher amount, e.g. 5,000 DVC or 10,000 DVC?

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:44:15 AM

A couple of users contacted me regarding the low fee per bet (1,000 DVC). What do you think about a higher amount, e.g. 5,000 DVC or 10,000 DVC?

I agree that the amount should be higher. Currently, a million devcoins is worth roughly 1.35 BTC * 12.36$/BTC = 17$:
https://vps.vircurex.com/

and lotto tickets are often around a dollar, which would work out to about 60,000 DVC per ticket, which could be rounded to 50,000 DVC. This would also lessen block chain bloat which would occur with tickets worth much less than a dollar.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 07:42:35 PM

A couple of things, I have not actually made a purchase with the dvc yet on the lotto (waiting on confirmations) but you may want to have someone go through and offer translations for everything to english as many of your users will speak english or a version of it. And then add a option to change the language site wide. I would translate the site for you for free if that will assist. I think the entire setup is very simple, the site color scheme probably needs to be changed though as the bootstrap you are using is in use by many other sites. Just pick a different color in my opinion. Also, the section where you choose the numbers for the lottery, you should have a random quick pick. And probably a section to submit for multiple tickets at once (I didnt notice one) where you can enter lets say 100,000 devcoins and have it buy up lots of random tickets for the person. I will be submitting for my tickets when the confirmations clear.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 08:49:57 PM

The English version was pretty legible to me, I saw at least one place where a German word still appeared but in general the whole site was okay English when I switched to English.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

True, but whenever I move from one page or another the site has to translate, and sometimes I am not sure of what the word it was (trying) to use.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:33:58 AM

And probably a section to submit for multiple tickets at once (I didnt notice one) where you can enter lets say 100,000 devcoins and have it buy up lots of random tickets for the person.

One the screen "Bets" there is a tab called "Random generator". You enter the date for which to place the bets and the number of bets you want to place. It then generates random bets for that date (or subsequent dates if you place bets for multiple weeks).

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:12:40 AM

The webpage has opened today. The first 100 users who register will receive 50,000 DVCs for free.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:55:12 AM

If there is sufficient interest

I'm almost sure there is Smiley

I would consider franchising the code, anyone seriously interested providing this service based on LTC? PM me to discuss possibilities. Before contacting me, be reminded, running such a platform requires a considerable amount of time and technical expertise.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:12:56 AM

Where is the provability in this, how do I know my bets would placed in a fair lottery and not you just choosing numbers that no one has picked, to just scam people out of coins. Lottery systems are just a huge scam, and obviously he knows how to build a web site, think of something that will move the community forward and not back with these gambling games.
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:36:13 AM

1. The winning numbers are based on the officially drawn numbers of the Germany 6 out of 49 Saturday lottery. No cheating possible here. You can watch it live on TV
2. Everyone can download all the placed bets from our web page. As we close taking bets at 18:00 on Saturday (German timezone), you can download all bets at 18:05, wait for the official numbers to be announced and then validate all our payment details as well as the quota calculations that we publish.

I believe this setup guarantees complete transparency for all participant as well as accountability of all payments.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:58:48 AM

The lottery is a state owned lottery system and broadcasted live on German TV. Results can be seen on any of the official web pages of each of the counties (if that's what the equivalent is to the German Bundesland).

An overview is at http://lotto.de. It's in German only. But here a guide to the non-German speakers:
There are two sets up numbers at the top: One for the Saturday lottery, one for the Wednesday lottery.

Look for the text: Ziehung Samstag

Those are the Saturday Lottery result.

dvc-lotto covers only the Saturday results.

One the right hand side are links to each of the county's related information pertaining to the Lotto system. They ofcourse all show the same result just adding their local ads to it.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 02:56:15 AM

Its Saturday, and our first round will complete soon, 15 hours to go for the official results from the 6/49 Saturday Lottery in Germany to be published.

Don't forget, we still have some free DVC to give away for users registering.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 01:32:09 AM

Results of the 1st round: drawn numbers (as per official Germany Lotto Webpage: http://lotto.de): 1,4,20,34):
1,4,20,34,39,41, ZZ (AN) 47, SZ (BN) 0

All in all 36 bets had been placed, unfirtunately not a single one has had at least 3 matching numbers or more, thus all bets (excl. fees) will be credited to the Jackpot which now stands at: 342.000 DVC

For all who are interested in actual placed bets: It is always possible to download the complete list of bets placed at any point in time from the web page, though it requires you to be logged on to do so.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: