Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:40:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way to spread knowledge about Bitcoin  (Read 1975 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:04:52 PM

1. Go to https://usa.wfp.org/farlex
2. Scroll to the bottom
3. Click [Contact Us]
4. Post a suggestion to publish a bitcoin address for donations
5. Donate any amount later

I've already sent such a suggestion. If u do the same we'll make them to add Bitcoin support to their donation programmes.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 05:09:18 PM

The United Nations?!?!? Hahahaha! They're the reason I'm using bitcoins, to make sure those murderers don't get any more of my money!

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:00:14 PM

The United Nations?!?!? Hahahaha! They're the reason I'm using bitcoins, to make sure those murderers don't get any more of my money!

This money spent to feed children.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:37:56 PM

Bullshit. The majority of that money is used to feed the bureaucracy. Pennies on the Dollar go to children. Even then it really just subsidizes foreign dictators by allowing them to oppress their people without having to spend money on feeding them.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Bullshit. The majority of that money is used to feed the bureaucracy. Pennies on the Dollar go to children. Even then it really just subsidizes foreign dictators by allowing them to oppress their people without having to spend money on feeding them.

Perhaps u r right. But it's normal from biology point of view to feed parasites to feed others. If noone donates then most of these children will die.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:54:27 AM

Perhaps u r right. But it's normal from biology point of view to feed parasites to feed others. If noone donates then most of these children will die.

There are better organizations to donate to.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:08:50 AM

For example? WikiLeaks?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:42:44 AM

Sorry but this is bullshit. Children will see 0 of that money. For more than 50 years billions and billions have been poured on the poor countries to help them and guess what? Today children keep dying.
That money will go to local warlords so that they can buy more gold jewelry and weapons, like always. They need dying children, so we keep giving them money

Watch the movie Sahara for more info. (yes, "pulling a Panama" is important)

WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:53:55 PM

For example? WikiLeaks?

For example...
------
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 07:34:59 PM

You do know that the United Nations is often wrongfully accused of wasting money on bureaucracy when not long ago they received less than half of the funds of the New York City Police Department to pay for all their expenses including all peacekeeping missions around the planet.

New York City still isn't safe with all that money that some people would rightfully claim to be a waste of valuable tax dollars.

So, please if you just want to strengthen prejudices spread by unilateralists in the US don't do it here. For the rest of the world the concept of working together and having a chat before going to WWIII seems worthwhile. Not to mention what would happen to numerous crisis zones on the planet if you pulled out UN troops.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 07:54:57 PM

Feed children to whom?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:10:09 PM

Feed children to whom?
Post of the week.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:17:19 PM

You do know that the United Nations is often wrongfully accused of wasting money on bureaucracy when not long ago they received less than half of the funds of the New York City Police Department to pay for all their expenses including all peacekeeping missions around the planet.

New York City still isn't safe with all that money that some people would rightfully claim to be a waste of valuable tax dollars.

So, please if you just want to strengthen prejudices spread by unilateralists in the US don't do it here. For the rest of the world the concept of working together and having a chat before going to WWIII seems worthwhile. Not to mention what would happen to numerous crisis zones on the planet if you pulled out UN troops.

+1
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 08:39:54 PM

Watch this documentary and tell me the United Nations is a benevolent organization. And yes, that's G. Edward Griffin, a main figurehead in the anti Federal Reserve movement that is the underpinnings of Bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWAX8uM5qA

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:40:33 AM

+1

I, too, have no significant problems with the UN. They do some cool stuff, they screwed up a few times, and some of their efforts I dislike for personal/ideological reasons, but all in all - I don't mind the idea. The specific kind of negative attitude you see in this thread is an American specialty, never heard it anywhere else. Mistrust and cynicism towards your own government and societal institutions is only amplified in case of some "foreign" UN.

Come-from-Beyond obviously had best intentions, no need to be sarcastic just because you don't share the same culture and views.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 03:47:36 AM

+1

I, too, have no significant problems with the UN. They do some cool stuff, they screwed up a few times, and some of their efforts I dislike for personal/ideological reasons, but all in all - I don't mind the idea. The specific kind of negative attitude you see in this thread is an American specialty, never heard it anywhere else. Mistrust and cynicism towards your own government and societal institutions is only amplified in case of some "foreign" UN.

Come-from-Beyond obviously had best intentions, no need to be sarcastic just because you don't share the same culture and views.

Most people have no clue about the history or objectives of the U.N. All they know is the propaganda they've been told. You'll learn... someday.

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:55:26 AM

Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world, said this:

"Trillions of dollars have been given to charity in the last 50 years, and they don't solve anything."

http://www.forbes.com/profile/carlos-slim-helu/gallery/26
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:33:44 PM

For the rest of the world the concept of working together and having a chat before going to WWIII seems worthwhile.

Agree with the desire for peace, but it doesn't logically follow that in order for governments (or more accurately, superpowers) to have emergency conversations, the world requires a standing bureaucracy headquartered in NYC.  The existing worldwide network of embassies and foreign service personnel are perfectly capable of scheduling multilateral conversations on demand.

Empirically, also note that the closest risk of WWIII in the past 50 years, the Cuban missile crisis, was not resolved through the UN, but through direct diplomatic channels between the USA and USSR.  Everything the UN does, can be done ad-hoc or by other organizations.

Even if you disagree with my points, how about a compromise?  Move UN headquarters from swanky and desirable NYC to somewhere less pleasant but more relevant, like the middle east or Africa.  Then, we will see how many UN representatives are truly committed to the causes they espouse, or whether they suddenly decide to make a change in careers.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:16:21 PM

Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world, said this:

"Trillions of dollars have been given to charity in the last 50 years, and they don't solve anything."

http://www.forbes.com/profile/carlos-slim-helu/gallery/26
This!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: