Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Pay With Bitcoin  (Read 803 times)
Fargo (OP)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 11:30:18 PM

Hello,

I am a artist from the US. Most of my work I sell to local people, but I will still get like one person a month I have to ship to, and in those cases I use paypal. I always tell people if they can pay me in bitcoin I will give them 5% off. Most people have no clue what bitcoin is (to be expected). Up until now I have been forwarding them to bitcoin.org. But I feel like it is too overwhelming for them. They do not need to know about mining, and how every aspect works to just make a wallet, buy some bits and pay me. Because of this, I have just made http://howdoipaywithbitcoin.com/. I tried to keep it super simple, and not go into any technical details. I will be using it personally whenever I try to get someone to pay me in bitcoin, but figured I would share with you guys as well, if you ever find a use for it.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:53:27 AM

I'm kind of suspicious of the link to bither.com--it's not a well-known wallet as far as I know, and hasn't necessarily been validated for security. If anything, I'd move Electrum up a bit, and possibly consider multibit-hd (once it matures a bit more) as a candidate to link to.

Otherwise, it looks really nice as a way to get those not knowing Bitcoin and not caring about all the cryptography and stuff, informed. I'll be linking to this when explaining Bitcoin.

This mightbe nit-picking, but "quicker, cheaper, and more private" in the introduction sounds a bit awkward. Maybe "more quickly, cheaply, and privately"?

Also, the statement "There are no transaction fees" isn't really true--I'd rephrase to "The transaction fees are far smaller than traditional platforms".

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:33:20 AM

I am also suspecting this link, why go through all this hassle because you want to receive btc funds, why not just signup with coinbase.com
Fargo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 06:09:02 PM

I'm kind of suspicious of the link to bither.com--it's not a well-known wallet as far as I know, and hasn't necessarily been validated for security. If anything, I'd move Electrum up a bit, and possibly consider multibit-hd (once it matures a bit more) as a candidate to link to.

Otherwise, it looks really nice as a way to get those not knowing Bitcoin and not caring about all the cryptography and stuff, informed. I'll be linking to this when explaining Bitcoin.

This mightbe nit-picking, but "quicker, cheaper, and more private" in the introduction sounds a bit awkward. Maybe "more quickly, cheaply, and privately"?

Also, the statement "There are no transaction fees" isn't really true--I'd rephrase to "The transaction fees are far smaller than traditional platforms".
Thanks for the feedback. Bither is listed on bitcoin.org and I liked the UI, so i figured it was a well known wallet.

GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

Fargo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 06:09:50 PM

I am also suspecting this link, why go through all this hassle because you want to receive btc funds, why not just signup with coinbase.com
This is to try to explain bitcoin to people do not know about it. I already have a coinbase account. I do not get your comment.

GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:15:26 PM

You should also add some security benefits of bitcoin to differentiate between bitcoin and paypal
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 06:51:55 PM

Nice site.

Just went over it quickly and will definitely refer some people there. While going over the site my eye caught the following....

Under the 'Buy Bitcoin' section.

So we do recommend sending to your personal wallet after purchasing.
Know what you mean but just does not read right for me....

Under 'Send Bitcoin' the following suggestions...

Now that you have got the bitcoin in your wallet, you can send it to anyone, simply enter in their bitcoin address, and how much Bitcoin you want to send. A bitcoin address is a long string of random characters, usually starting with the number 1.

Like the look of the site and its very simple yet informative enough to get a person started. Well done.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 07:14:03 PM

This is nice site, simple and i like the design too. Layman who want to buy bitcoin.
But if you add more content like about how to mining or get btc by work it will attract more people and traffic too.
tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:44:34 PM

This is nice site, simple and i like the design too. Layman who want to buy bitcoin.
But if you add more content like about how to mining or get btc by work it will attract more people and traffic too.
He isnt aiming for that type of population, he just wants people who will use bitcoin like paypal
Fargo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 03:09:49 AM

He isnt aiming for that type of population, he just wants people who will use bitcoin like paypal
Yeah, for my personal use case I wanted it as simple and idiot proof as possible. Whenever someone asks me how bitcoin works, and I try to tell them what mining is... I usually lose them right there Sad

But thanks for the feedback guys. I hope one of you can find a use for it as well.

GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: