Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok... What is the easieast way for a total newbie to buy some BTC?  (Read 1371 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:48:57 AM

As the title says.  What if a newbie asks you what is the easiest way to buy BTC, what would you suggest?

depends on where you're from. I prefer bitcoin.de and fidor bank. fastest and easiest way to buy bitcoin for euro in my opinion

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 05:22:46 PM

As the title says.  What if a newbie asks you what is the easiest way to buy BTC, what would you suggest?

Buy with local bitcoin exchange(it's depends on your life).
Send to main wallet.
Ta-ra... You have your own btc.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:31:59 PM

first create your own wallet then buy bitcoin in the local exchange how much do you want and wait less than 30 minutes
and congratulations now you have bitcoin in your wallet
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:40:51 AM

That depends strongly where do you live because not all the countries have the possibility to buy bitcoins in the same ways and easily. I would suggest coinbase if you are in the countries where offer the service of buying and selling bitcoins. If not you can use virwox which work everywhere and have the opportunity to buy with credit card or paypal. Only one thing. The fees at virwox are high.
silverolivia

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:09:31 AM

When I was a newbie I bought BTC at https://anycoindirect.eu, the pay really quick when u have paid. Also they have a small amount of fee. I am sometimes still using this service to get some BTC. And if you want to buy with cash u can go to localbitcoins.com and find someone near to you.

ClamCoin 😄
I am totally agree with localbitcoin. Use to buy with them. Pretty quick and comfortable!
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:53:00 PM

buy it in exchange sites. Theres no limit to as if you are a newbie or not. If you have the money and other requirements then you can easily buy however you want.
mariding

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:33:02 PM

Depends on where you live and the payment methods you have access to, IMO buying BTC for a US citizen might be pretty easy with Circle/Coinbase and can be done even with creditcard after some verification. You could also go to localbitcoins and look for different methods (bank deposit, cash, mail order etc...).
Europeans can do a SEPA transfer deposit to something like bitstamp for example or trade locally at Localbitcoins. There are many exchanges growing and are country specific but I don't know if they actually work or not.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:14:09 PM

One of the best ways for a complete Bitcoin newbie (no previous knowledge of Bitcoin and no Bitcoin holdings) to earn Bitcoin for free in my opinion, is for them to use high paying faucets regularly. This is a great way to get acclimated to Bitcoin and start growing your holdings right away. Then afterwards, once they have learned how to use Bitcoin, they should join this forum and eventually join a signature campaign.

Im not sure what the easiest way to buy Bitcoin for a newbie may be, but my suggestions are something like circle, local Bitcoins, or maybe even Coinbase, although I have heard a few negative things about Coinbase. I think it depends on what country you are in and what the Bitcoin beginner feels comfortable with doing.
taekwondoma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:36:53 PM

Circle.com is pretty easy to use, not sure what countries are allowed to buy BTC though.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:50:40 PM

As the title says.  What if a newbie asks you what is the easiest way to buy BTC, what would you suggest?

depends on where you're from. I prefer bitcoin.de and fidor bank. fastest and easiest way to buy bitcoin for euro in my opinion

Of course depends on where is the newbie who asking live and if he live in Indonesia i sugest him just to buy bitcoin on vip.bitcoin.co.id and i never use localbitcoin to buy or sell bitcoin so i won't sugest from localbitcoin
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:57:38 PM

As the title says.  What if a newbie asks you what is the easiest way to buy BTC, what would you suggest?

Of course depends on where is the newbie who asking live and if he live in Indonesia i sugest him just to buy bitcoin on vip.bitcoin.co.id and i never use localbitcoin to buy or sell bitcoin so i won't sugest from localbitcoin

I would agree with avoiding localbitcoin.  Just going to cost more and put you at more risk then a good exchange.

What country are you in?  The exchange will greatly depend on this.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:55:36 PM

Absolutely easiest way would be virwox but this is also the most expensive way. So I guess instead of virwox, I would suggest him localbitcoins.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:08:35 PM

Absolutely easiest way would be virwox but this is also the most expensive way. So I guess instead of virwox, I would suggest him localbitcoins.

I really think being new sending him twords localbitcoins is not best way.  Maybe if he does make sure small trades at first.  You really don't want to send someone brand new to a place that can get people scammed.

I vote to stick with well known exchanges.  Yes a little more setup time.  But in the long run cheaper BTC and more reliable.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:38:06 AM

I really think being new sending him twords localbitcoins is not best way.  Maybe if he does make sure small trades at first.  You really don't want to send someone brand new to a place that can get people scammed.

I vote to stick with well known exchanges.  Yes a little more setup time.  But in the long run cheaper BTC and more reliable.

Yes, now when I think about it, you might be right. You have to have some sort of experience when tradkng on localbitcoins. Exchange might be the best option after all, but then again all of the verification processes, wiring money to the exchange might also be a bit overwhelming.

This made me realize that buying Bitcoins is still very hard to do and that we still have to do much more to make a process more user friendly. I guess buying Bitcoins on the Bitcoin ATMs in bigger cities is the easiest way it gets.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:50:01 AM

Circle.com is pretty easy to use, not sure what countries are allowed to buy BTC though.

it's seems that you can attach a bank account to your account only if you're from usa, but the site lets it go, even if you come from another country

i tried and i was able to connect my credit card to my account on circle, and i'm in italy
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:12:12 AM

it's seems that you can attach a bank account to your account only if you're from usa, but the site lets it go, even if you come from another country

i tried and i was able to connect my credit card to my account on circle, and i'm in italy

That works for the some people, for the others it doesn't. How did you bypass initial phone verification? It asks you for the US phone number for the code to be sent to. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: