Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:32:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happen to the TX in Block 363731 - 363736 Orphaned?  (Read 625 times)
Herbert2020by (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:34:54 PM

Block 363731 Output Total: 5,445.68777114 BTC
Block 363733 Output Total: 36,644.17265678 BTC
Block 363735 Output Total: 1,083.97545512 BTC

Let's say A send 1000 bitcoins to B included in Block Orphaned:

A used blockchain.info / Electrum / Bitcoinqt 10.2 / Bitcoinqt 10.1, Sent 1000 bitcoins to Friends / Bitstamp / Localbitcoin guy / Drug market as B, What happen to A and B now?

B gave products / fiat to A, then now B lost all the bitcoins it received from A? or
B told A "sorry your bitcoins are lost in block orphaned therefore i won't give you any products or fiat"
Herbert2020by (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:47:57 PM

USELESS RUDE SHIT

Trying to be a dick? Answer the question or please fuck off.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:03:24 PM

Yeah that's the way Cheesy

Now, serious, please do some research before asking pretty basic questions like that one. People will be a lot more inclined to help if you try first.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:23:28 PM

I suggest you learn the basic about bitcoin.
Please focus on study "confirmation" and orphan blocks.

Here is a link that might be useful:
http://bfy.tw/eaG
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:28:49 PM

What happen to A and B now?

That depends.  If it was just a normal transaction with out any attempt to scam, then everything happens as usual. (Blocks are orphaned every day. It's never been a problem, the transactions just eventually end up in blocks that aren't orphaned)

B gave products / fiat to A, then now B lost all the bitcoins it received from A? or

That depends.

If A knew about the fork, and new that B was looking at the wrong fork, and A was technically skilled enough, then A could have sent a transaction to the fork that B was using, and sent a different transaction that used the exact same bitcoins to the other fork.  A would know that B would see some confirmations and that B would send the fiat, service, or product.  Then eventually the fork that B was using would be orphaned, and the transaction would no longer be valid because of the other transaction that A got confirmed on the valid fork.

If A did not attempt to get conflicting transactions confirmed in each fork, then A would just send the 1 transaction to the bitcoin network.  The transaction would be confirmed in both forks.  Initially B would see it on whatever fork he was using.  If it turns out that B was using the wrong fork, then when that fork is orphaned B would see the transaction in the valid fork and might see the number of confirmations on his transaction change.

B told A "sorry your bitcoins are lost in block orphaned therefore i won't give you any products or fiat"

That depends.

If the transaction is confirmed in both forks then B will see the transaction in the fork that is not orphaned and B can then send the products, fiat, or service.

If the transaction is only confirmed in the orphaned block, then B will wait until the transaction gets confirmed in the valid fork.  Then he can send the products, fiat, or service.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:39:44 PM

I don't know why are people are such idiots.

I think this topic is created by some anti-bitcoin guy.

I know right most of this new members posting this dont have a complete sight of how the network works is easy for them to come an post then do research them self, but i guess is alright since we are here to answer some of the questions, thats what the forum is about it could either be bitcoin pro or anti bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: