Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, my name is Sonny Vleisides  (Read 25246 times)
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:19:50 PM

Thanks for posting your side. It's a little light on details in some places (which a few others have asked for - whether you answer or not is up to you) but I would give you the benefit of the doubt. The government does indeed get pretty pissed any time they get cut out of the action.

One thing I would like to know is what your job at BFL entails...merely because I'm curious.

I see plenty of people on my ignore list have replied as well - I'm sure everything they said was constructive and unbiased.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

Yes..  really.  This is no joke.  It's called the federal sentencing guidelines implemented in 1984.  It's the point system that determines the sentence, not the judge.  My points totaled 43.  Life in prison.  Look it up and prepare to be amazed.

It's not a matter of it being a joke, it's a matter of it being a lie that's under consideration. I am looking it up, I still fail to see how a first conviction for fraud amounts to life without parole. Again, this is no place to be vague, you are the convicted felon, not us. Do your homework, don't expect us to do it for you.

Ok, I did part of the homework on the points. Assuming $19 million stolen, and some other facts about the case, I get between 41 and 45 points, so just about right. 43 points or higher gives a guideline sentence of life (per this table).  I don't see where it says the judge has no say in the sentence, and must do exactly what the table says. Of course, IANAL, I'm a fizzisist.

That said, life in prison seems about fitting for the crime he was charged with. NOT for the crime he claims he was both guilty of and convicted for in this post.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:25:36 PM

Especially when he can make a crapload of money by just running his business as he has been doing.

TL'DR  It makes absolutely no sense to assume this is a scam.

Just because a business is taking in a crapload of money doesn't mean that it's profitable.  We have no idea what financial obligations BFL has, so you can't assume that they're making a ton of money based on the amount they've collected for pre-orders.  Most new businesses don't become profitable for a number of years.

The non-disclosure about Sonny's past wasn't an oversight.  BFL knew damned well that people would be less likely to place pre-orders with the company if they knew of Sonny's past transgressions.  So the question of whether there's anything else they're hiding now arises and it's a legitimate one.

Maybe they're legitimate and maybe they're not, but the onus is now firmly on them to provide proof of their legitimacy and especially to back up their previous statement that pre-orders are not being used to fund ASIC development.  If there's any way in which BFL customers have been misled (and it appears that they have been regarding quality control), now is the time to come clean.  People will forgive any past deceptions if the whole truth is revealed now and BFL delivers their product up to standard and on time.  They'll be far less forgiving if the product doesn't live up to expectations and it's later revealed that the company's responses to user questions were either misleading or outright untrue.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Chong Ciao

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:36:16 PM

he would be an idiot to run off with your money with after already having spent 2 years in jail, a criminal record and with his name out in the open.

That might make sense in the real world... but bitcoin.

(pirate's stolen over 5 million USD, and I don't forsee any jail in his future considering there's not even a police report right now)

Last time I checked, Pirate didnt have a registered company, didnt accept credit cards, didnt have a parole officer looking over his shoulder,  nor have I seen any shred of evidence of any real business activity. Even if there were, there would be no sensible explanation for why he would borrow at >3000% APR.  Pirate and BFL have nothing in common.

If you want to shout down scams on this forum, there are plenty to chose from, this isnt one.

Vescudero ?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:37:49 PM

Vescudero ?

Vescudero is down already. All of the HYIPs are.
P!nk4sand

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:41:00 PM

you have lived in Indonesia which is my country Tongue
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Vescudero ?

Vescudero is down already. All of the HYIPs are.

Put your money where your mouth is :  Wink   

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=671
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:51:11 PM

Not that it seems off topic...
any bets for sunny Sonny and BFL is a scam and won´t deliver anything useful when december comes?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:52:11 PM

any bets for sunny Sonny and BFL is a scam and won´t deliver anything useful when december comes?

You could use the one in my sig.
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=446
somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:54:16 PM

I'm satisfied.

I'm not.

Please elucidate your connection to Laissez Faire City, James Orlin Grabbe and the KGB.

and Putin )

this is joke  Grin
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:55:24 PM

Assuming $19 million stolen, and some other facts about the case

I didn't realise the guy walked off with $20,000,000 of other people's money. This'd be a little bit of detail that'd be germane to our entire discussion wouldn't you think.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:57:35 PM

I'm satisfied.

I'm not.

Please elucidate your connection to Laissez Faire City, James Orlin Grabbe and the KGB.

and Putin )

this is joke  Grin

My question wasn't.
somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:00:06 PM

I'm satisfied.

I'm not.

and Putin )

this is joke  Grin

My question wasn't.

no problem )
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:00:51 PM

i could give you a picture of it right now Wink  and the bet would be lost?
without some proven superutility this bet is superfutility
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:07:12 PM

No one said the picture evidence would solely be a picture of the device.
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 11:13:31 PM

Assuming $19 million stolen, and some other facts about the case

I didn't realise the guy walked off with $20,000,000 of other people's money. This'd be a little bit of detail that'd be germane to our entire discussion wouldn't you think.

Yeah, that came from the affidavit, paragraph 5.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:14:26 PM

I havent "been had" yet.  A dying breed in bitcoin land.
Common sense goes a long way.  It doesnt take genius to tell 5% per week "investment opportunities" are ponzi's, nor does it take a lot of faith to see BFL is actually producing state of the art products, making a shitload of money legitimately. There is also nothing unbelievable about them being able to produce asics, there are now 4 other companies claiming the same capability in roughly the same time frame and they all have far less resources and far less proven trackrecord.

Is it possible Sonny is running another con? Sure, but he would be an idiot to run off with your money with after already having spent 2 years in jail, a criminal record and with his name out in the open. Especially when he can make a crapload of money by just running his business as he has been doing.

TL'DR  It makes absolutely no sense to assume this is a scam.

OMG!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked A well thought out, reasonable post! Quoted for future proof.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:21:58 PM

No one said the picture evidence would solely be a picture of the device.

but of Sonnys wife doing some naked swimming when the tide goes out in Thaiti? Huh Cool
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:23:59 PM

Let's go easy on the witch hunting. Even though the Pirate thing is fresh on our minds, and BFL is kind of a sketchy company...even if this guy involved did actually intentionally defraud people in his past, they *are* delivering products at this time.
Do you not forget the following earn model wich we saw in the past.

1) Start a company
2) Get known
3) Get trusted (by delivering some kind of service or product)
4) Get money

5) Claim that you have been hacked or come up with some bad excuse.
6) Profit

BFL now is at phase 4 since they have the money.
So we will see now how this story plays out.

Oh, I've said something similar here already. Can't disagree one bit. I wouldn't give Bitcoins for an unreleased product...
Zara

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:09:09 AM

I'm surprised no one has asked for his birth certificate to be posted. I know I'd feel a lot better about the company if we saw his birth record.

Seriously, the man shows incredible transparency here and some of you are grasping at straws to keep on bitching. Would this forum cease to exist if it was a discussion of ideas rather than a place to make up stories out of your head?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: