Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, my name is Sonny Vleisides  (Read 25246 times)
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 10:49:23 AM

Let people talk. My singles run fine since day one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
warlordluke

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 11:45:12 AM

Meh, this community is full of an amazing amount of dicks.

In Sonnys case I can only go by my own experience.   When BFL first came on the scene and the same wannabe detectives were crucifying them for "definitely being a scam", Sonny was never anything more than professional to me in our email dealings.    He got my singles out when he said he would and went out of his way to specifically upgrade my unit with extra heatsinks to account for the Australian summer.

No scamming in sight, and he seemed like a nice enough guy.   He even referenced his father passing away during that time, and that was by way of apologising for not responding promptly for a week or so.  I honestly couldn't care less about his past, though I understand how it would turn people off.  If that's the case, simply don't give him your money.

I'm well and truly over this community, it's horrible.  Bitcoin has no chance while this place remains the way it is.  Shame on you all.

+1
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 12:10:25 PM

I understand wanting to let the past be the past, and giving people second chances. I even hire ex-cons sometimes (nice guys/gals actually, lots of stories), but I wouldn't give them large amounts of money in non-reversible funds, over the internet without ever even meeting them.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Chong Ciao

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:13:53 PM

In Sonnys case I can only go by my own experience.   When BFL first came on the scene and the same wannabe detectives were crucifying them for "definitely being a scam", Sonny was never anything more than professional to me in our email dealings.    He got my singles out when he said he would and went out of his way to specifically upgrade my unit with extra heatsinks to account for the Australian summer.

No scamming in sight, and he seemed like a nice enough guy.   He even referenced his father passing away during that time, and that was by way of apologising for not responding promptly for a week or so.  I honestly couldn't care less about his past, though I understand how it would turn people off.  If that's the case, simply don't give him your money.

I'm well and truly over this community, it's horrible.  Bitcoin has no chance while this place remains the way it is.  Shame on you all.

Thanks TonyTrolloRolloBrownie for sharing your real life experiences with us.
As we know pirate has always been good to you and payb.tc topped even those australien summerfeelings by earning you your brownie -nose.
Now you found a new mate to go headfront all -in to sink your heat?
Thats really gonna ashame us all, who just came here for sight - seeing Wink

Bitcoin has all chances of this little blue planet, if only people like you would be able to recoil a step back to watch themselves in the rear-view-mirror, before
endeavouring to the next cheerleader hulahoop.

Ciao Ciao
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:36:14 PM

I agree that's why I am trying to start a forum with less FUD and Crap to go along with it, but iis seems people scoff at it from lack of users. But the the things is, it would not matter if they really wanted some change from the community.

WhiteShum
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:19:30 PM

Sorry for my english and if I passed something in last posts.

1-Pirate post foto too !!!

Where is identity card(pasport)HuhHuh

2-" The company has 22 employees...."   WHAT WE HAVE---22 people=1 year=about 300 devices,Devices are USED FPGA. and wait 4 month.

3-What with--- "The defendant shall not transfer, sell, give away, or otherwise convey any asset with a fair market value in excess of $500 without approval of the Probation Officer until all financial obligations imposed by the Court have been satisfied in full."

4-You sell preorder on asics(as though will appear in october),BUT WHY I CAN ORDER The Single Huh
freecoin

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:09:32 PM

Sonny, thanks for sharing and welcome to Bitcoin Forum. I'm impressed with your BitForce Single, it performs as advertised.  No one else offers the equivalent of 832mh/s @ 80 watts for $633 delivered, although I did wait 52 days to get it.  Congrats on your success.

Everyone, let's not forget who's running the big scam in this country.  Who conned you into using government debt notes as money?  Whose executives never end up in jail?  I'll give it to you straight up - Banks run this country, not politicians.  The Federal Reserve owners run the real scam.  When you endorse private credit of Fed you come under their jurisdiction (federal districts overlaid on the states). FR notes/credit depreciate (10% last yr) and US Treasury carries first lien on everything you bought with it. Happens every week on the backside of your paycheck, signature endorsement, naked contract. Yet the biggest haul is the excise tax due for use of their money, more commonly known as The Income Tax.  I should think a 99-year scam qualifies as a "long con."

Fortunately, we have a way out of this banking cartel scam.  Remedy is written into law ".. they may be redeemed in lawful money on demand."  See here.  And here.  The way out is to redeem lawful money, use silver & gold, and use BITCOIN.  This is why I support bitcoin and BFL.

Peace & love
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 02:33:32 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 02:56:39 PM by Rassah

I love it! Comparing me to a convicted felon that stole at least $19 million dollars from stupid little old ladies in an elaborate international scheme.

FTFY. Seriously, I'm surprised no one pointed that out. One old guy spent $600+ a month on this and even refinanced his house? WTF?! Just because you're older, doesn't mean people should expect you to be dumber and more vulnerable. The opposite in fact (more experienced). Not saying the scam was wrong, but there are A LOT of stupid people out there (plenty of examples on this forum), and their age really shouldn't matter.

The truth is simply that I am appalled by this crime and even more appalled that very few people on this forum seem to have the reading comprehension to see that it does not match Mr. Vleisides' description in the least.

Have you considered the possibility that most of the people read the first few posts describing the situation, read Sonny's reply, made up their own mind, and are simply keeping quiet, because, aside from the initial investigation documents and Sonny's reply, there is absolutely nothing more to add other than baseless speculations? Have you considered that everyone here IS actually as smart as you, figured all the things you mentioned on their own already, and aside from the factual info already given, most people just don't give a crap?
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 03:02:49 PM

In Sonnys case I can only go by my own experience.  

People said the same thing about Pirate.  In short, if its too good to be true.. it probably is.

Let people talk. My singles run fine since day one.

Yeah, pirate's payments continued from day one too.. until they didn't.

Have you considered the possibility that most of the people read the first few posts describing the situation, read Sonny's reply, made up their own mind, and are simply keeping quiet, because, aside from the initial investigation documents and Sonny's reply, there is absolutely nothing more to add other than baseless speculations? Have you considered that everyone here IS actually as smart as you, figured all the things you mentioned on their own already, and aside from the factual info already given, most people just don't give a crap?

You should talk to Micon.  That same argument was used in the past and dismissed.  Sorry.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:06:51 PM

In Sonnys case I can only go by my own experience.  
People said the same thing about Pirate.  In short, if its too good to be true.. it probably is.
Please tell me what's too good to be true? 4-5 different competitors have all announced ASICs, and they're all within similar performance and price ranges. BFL happened to be first, and I believe that's because they had the largest income from FPGAs.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:48:57 PM

Hello, my name is Sonny Vleisides.

Kind regards,
Sonny Vleisides

This is exactly the kind of thing somebody pretending to be Sonny would say.

Prove it or you don't exist.

And, when my super computer arrives next week I expect it to power itself.

But...he posted a picture taken in China Missouri on Christmas 2010!  What more proof do you need?

Edit: unsigned numbers in EXIF parsers are bad!

Hmmmmm.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 05:07:09 PM

BFL_Sonny registered on September 20, 2012, 07:19:23 AM and requested to be whitelisted, started this thread on September 20, 2012, 03:36:36 PM, and hasn't been back since September 20, 2012, 11:27:21 PM, unless he's lurking cloaked. (see the time stamp of this post)

Sonny Vleisides has been involved with Bitcoin in some capacity or another since early last year, for one of his kinfolk registered with Mt Gox prior to their email dump. The address associated with said client used the same address in KC, MO, as is used for BFL's corporation. Besides photography and foundation repair, a myriad of other business types stem from the same address, most of which real personnel must be on hand to perform the various duties, like plumbing, etc.

I've read the OP of this thread three times, each time coming away with the I-like-this-guy feeling, yet something still doesn't smell right.

That said, Sonny should have no problem at all coming on this board and addressing most everything thrown at him by this crowd, for I'm pretty sure he's endured a hell of lot worse in some Dago prison. (at this juncture, I was going to insert a little prison humor, but thought better of it when I luckily recalled Sonny's nationality)

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 05:48:48 PM

My Russian is a little rusty, but to me it reads as if some guy is trying to sell one of his kidneys to buy one of those $29K+ rigs: http://www.kharkovforum.com/showthread.php?t=2559118&page=3

(just a little humor to lighten the seriousness of this thread)

~Cackling Bear~
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 06:07:58 PM

My Russian is a little rusty, but to me it reads as if some guy is trying to sell one of his kidneys to buy one of those $29K+ rigs: http://www.kharkovforum.com/showthread.php?t=2559118&page=3

Yep, it's definitely rusty. The guy is claiming he wants it to start a foundation for poor or orphan children or something like that, and others are making fun if him because he's refusing to be more specific, so they are telling him to sell a kidney. There's only one comment that a BFL product can earn back €20k euro easily, but it seems to be otherwise ignored.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 06:25:16 PM

Yep, it's definitely rusty. The guy is claiming he wants it to start a foundation for poor or orphan children or something like that, and others are making fun if him because he's refusing to be more specific, so they are telling him to sell a kidney. There's only one comment that a BFL product can earn back €20k euro easily, but it seems to be otherwise ignored.

I can't have any fun when this Ukrainian is around.  Grin

Back to business at hand. I just created this blog about ten minutes ago: http://notesfromlithuania.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/pics-of-the-goats/

Compare my blog with this one: http://sonnyvleisides.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/hi-mom/

Note the time stamps?

In a few minutes, Google will index my blog and the search results will look like the following with the predated time stamp:

Sonny Vleisides | sonnyvleisides - sonnyvleisides - Blog
sonnyvleisides.wordpress.com/author/sonofodi/Share
Jan 4, 2011 – Read all of the posts by sonnyvleisides on Sonny Vleisides.

~Bruno~
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 06:57:12 PM

The truth is simply that I am appalled by this crime and even more appalled that very few people on this forum seem to have the reading comprehension to see that it does not match Mr. Vleisides' description in the least.

This pretty much describes me.  I don't feel like I have anything else to add that isn't here already.  There are definitely still inconsistencies between the official government documents and Sonny's account of things.  Some of the discrepancies would be cleared up if I saw an example of the letters he was sending out to people/victims, but so far I haven't been able to find any of them.  I'm sympathetic to the fact that the government can and does occasionally lie on court documents and trump up charges.  However, there are real scammers out there and they will lie to you too.

One thing I think people should consider is that it sounds like if there was any legitimacy to the lotto "scam"/ponzi at all, then Sonny and company did nothing that the governments running lotteries don't already do as far as winning/losing goes.  Selling what are essentially derivatives on lottery products is an interesting idea, but you'd have to be stupid to buy into that as a way to make money since lotteries are designed so that people lose money on them.  Were stupid people victimized?  Probably, but possibly no more (or not much more) than they are already victimized by government-sanctioned lotteries.  Was the scam (or "scam") something I'd consider moral?  Almost certainly not.  Was the scam something I think should be illegal?  I don't know enough about it to judge it yet.
BFL_Sonny (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 07:13:37 PM

Thank you all for your comments...  both positive and negative.  I see many of our competitors in this thread pushing their agenda which isn't surprising but still, there are some very reasonable posts with deserving questions.  Overall, I appreciate the public's reason for concern and I will return and provide answers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: