Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: introducing Cryptox, a Dutch crypto exchange  (Read 1415 times)
alberthendriks (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:16:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm building a centralized crypto exchange, a fork of peatio (my fork is at https://github.com/alberthendriks/peatio, no new commits yet). Peatio was developed by Chinese in Ruby on Rails and has all functionality that you expect from a crypto exchange. The code is also very neat. It uses CNY as fiat currency. fiat money transfers from and to peatio are very cumbersome. So I added euro and Ideal. Ideal is my "usp": it is the Dutch most populair method for instant online (fiat) payments (way more popular than creditcards). You can buy bitcoins with euro (www.bitonic.nl) but there's no way yet to send euro's directly to a crypto echange, or at least not with ideal (afaik).

Peatio is suitable for many crypto's, though at this point probably not too many at the same time. I have no clue yet which crypto's I'm going to add.

There are two main issues:
1. I'd like to let people be able to automatically withdraw their EUR. Anyone have an idea? I'm looking for something like this, but then for the euro market. https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/sending-transfers . The original Peatio only supports a manual process for withdrawal (and also for deposit).
2. How will I attract a marketmaker?

I could marketmake myself, but the software for that will take a long time to write.

Features I'd like to add soon besides the above are:
Branding (design) of frontpage.
Solve some security threaths.
Solve some bugs in Peatio (note that many issues on their github are actually support requests).

Once I get all of the above working I can put up a production site.

Long-term features include creditcard payments and anything that www.mollie.nl supports. Mollie also supports a decent bitcoin->euro conversion (but not the other way around). I also want to add Dutch translation and more altcoins. I need to do a legal check of the website. After that I'll try to attract a Chinese business partner to conquer China ;-).

More info and a demo url will follow.

This is my first contact with Ruby. The Ideal payment works but is not committed yet (some minor flaws still need to be solved). You will find that my code could be better, as I do most of the work in the Controller instead of the Model. The code changes are small though and can easily be refactored later when I understand the model.

Peatio is powerful software and works well for the Chinese market. I found that I have the expertise to make it suitable for the West with little effort, so that's why I'm doing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:22:36 AM

I can see that you are in for a big project but first before I forget, don't include auto Euro or any fiat withdrawer in order to cross check many things and I will not say more than that.

You really have to take your time checking for bug and back door in the open source script that you want to use.

You should also try to improve the security of your website and constantly doing research regarding the security.

Marketing and customers will come when they are sure they are safe.
alberthendriks (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:49:12 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 09:00:26 PM by alberthendriks

I agree with the security part. But why would auto euro withdrawal be more risky than auto coin withdrawal?

The iDeal deposit is now fully working and committed. I'm also quite far with the withdrawal part. For the beginning I want to generate a Sepa file with all the withdrawals of that day that I can manually upload to my bank. The bank also has functionality to auto-upload the Sepa file, but like you said, that might not be a good idea.

I found out that I also need to implement fees.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:25:49 AM

I agree with the security part. But why would auto euro withdrawal be more risky than auto coin withdrawal?

The iDeal deposit is now fully working and committed. I'm also quite far with the withdrawal part. For the beginning I want to generate a Sepa file with all the withdrawals of that day that I can manually upload to my bank. The bank also has functionality to auto-upload the Sepa file, but like you said, that might not be a good idea.

You would need to perform KYC and AML if you will hold customer funds in fiat.

As for security, you should definitely look into BlockTrail's multi-signature and HD wallets. You can also implement a bitcoin withdrawal maximum per time period.

Here is more information if you would like to read: https://blog.blocktrail.com/2015/06/blocktrails-developer-platform/

Oh and we are based in The Netherlands Wink

Send me a PM or respond here if you have any questions.

Dankje

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

As for security, you should definitely look into BlockTrail's multi-signature and HD wallets. You can also implement a bitcoin withdrawal maximum per time period.

Here is more information if you would like to read: https://blog.blocktrail.com/2015/06/blocktrails-developer-platform/

Dankje
You have thrown more light on this about the registered member, what about the DDOS attack.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:53:38 AM

Dankje
You have thrown more light on this about the registered member, what about the DDOS attack.

For DDOS attacks, you should use something like cloudfare. BlockTrail handles bitcoin security. In any case, if there is an DDOS attack on a site using blocktrail, customer funds would be safe because they hold their own keys, we hold another and there is one printed.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
alberthendriks (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:10:20 PM

With 2 out of 3? Now it makes sense. I want that. But I don't see the issue of a DDOS other than that the website is inaccessible; please explain. I'm going to pm that blocktrail user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: